Iver Johnson derringer

Started by nordmann, July-14-12 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic

chopprs

"Louis D. Lump"  ten hits no rectum....just a salad and a bad night somewhere!

bill_deshivs

Gee, maybe my Google works better than yours. When I search "Bill DeShivs," I get 57,400 hits.

chopprs

......I pale in your presence oh master of world knowledge......I still say SO WHAT!

All that means is that you have blown your smoke in a lot of places......LOL!

I was also being meager. When I Googled my name there were 745,000 hits.........SO WHAT!?!?!?!?

"About 745,000 results (0.17 seconds)"  

(SafeSearch off)

louiethelump

Well I just ran myself for the first time on Google, and you guys are BOTH amateurs!

I got About "4,380,000 results (0.25 seconds)" for Louie the Lump

LOL!!!!!!

Bill:

Did not know you were a switchblade knife guy.....
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

CavScout

Miroku also made a Sharps replica (they were $34.95 back in the mid 60'S):

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=10624970">http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=10624970

I have a "Four Aces", and it is crude in comparison to a Miroku. I have , and had, Browning and Winchester Miroku made firearms (Citori, 1892's, 1885)... they are beautifully crafted and accurate shooting examples.
"It is a lesson of history that it is ethically, morally, and philosophically impossible to have too many personal weapons, whether they be edged, impact or projectile."
- David W. Loeffler

bill_deshivs

I forgot about the Miroku! They were nicer than the Ubertis.

Louie- I'm a man of many hats.

Chopprs- why don't you share your name so that we all can see how popular you are?

chopprs

......imagine that!

I will tell you that I have been is dozens of magazines and on the cover of many. I think that is probably why there are so many hits on my name. I did one thing about eight years ago that went absolutely crazy in Europe and is still bouncing around forums over there.

bill_deshivs

I'm sure you are good at what you do, otherwise you probably wouldn't do it. I don't understand why you're hiding, though.

BTW- I don't "blow smoke."

chopprs

........check the smoke meter!

theysayimnotme

I was trying to find a picture of the tiny .22 short with the bird's head grip. The grip, frame & even the barrels are smaller than the other .22 shorts.

Somehow I wound up with a picture of a naked woman sitting on the toilet & a warning from my computor. I couldn't get rid of the picture & even when I shut the laptop down the picture came back up when I turned it on.

I pulled the power cord & the battery. When I powered back up it was gone but I couldn't get on the internet. I took my laptop to the store & in 2 seconds the guy pushed the orange light which then turned blue & I was back.

Anyway I have given up on finding the picture of the tiny pistol.

heyjoe

i googled myself. it said your search returned no results
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

theysayimnotme

Now we know. Choppers is the online name for Alfred E. Neuman.

CavScout

quote:

I was trying to find a picture of the tiny .22 short with the bird's head grip. The grip, frame & even the barrels are smaller than the other .22 shorts.

Here's a site with several pics of Erl Svendsen derringers:

http://www.derringer.de/new155.htm">http://www.derringer.de/new155.htm
"It is a lesson of history that it is ethically, morally, and philosophically impossible to have too many personal weapons, whether they be edged, impact or projectile."
- David W. Loeffler

theysayimnotme

I was almost afraid to look after my earlier experience.

Ding, ding, ding. You can see the frame & grip are smaller but one of those says .22 lr.

I had one of the single shots & cut the barrel down to make it even smaller. Then I just had to keep cutting it down until it finally wouldn't work anymore.

I was right about the name Four Aces but that may be a generic name for just about all of them.

bill_deshivs

The short and LR "4 Aces" used the same size grips, but the frame was longer on the LR.