Trying to be a good Father in Law

Started by KEN AR, September-09-18 22:09

Previous topic - Next topic

KEN AR

Well as has been stated before.  I bumped into the #1 NAA Enabler a few years ago at a gun show.  He had a booth and was selling some leather goods.  Lots of nice holsters and just one or two NAA holsters at that time on the table.  Well as time went on there were more and more of these little holsters at his shop and he kept showing me the latest model he had to get so that he could custom fit the holsters to the newest models of NAA's.  Well as a Certified Gun Nut I resisted the NAA temptation for a couple of years.  I did break down and found an early NAA Magnum made in Spanish Fork, UT and was able to pick it up at a very good price.

Well  the #1 Enabler kept showing me more items and somehow that Black Widow just seemed to be the perfect little NAA.
As it goes I had joined a GREAT NAA forum and there in the For Sale list was a Black Widow.  I waited a few days thinking someone would jump on it.  Well after there were no takers I felt that I had to adopt it as a homeless pistol is not a nice thing.

Well now that I had two NAA's I took the Magnum with me on vacation to see my Daughter and Son in Law. 
They have had a real problem with Copper Heads this year and I thought if I was going to be there for a week may as well take along a little snake protection.   We shot it and checked out the pattern at several distances and tried out several types of 22 Mag ammo in it.  My Son in Law fell in love with that little gun and was amazed how will it could carry in a pocket.

Well I left the NAA Mag there with my Son in Law.  I could not stand to see him without an NAA.  We had swapped grips around and put the rubber Black Widow grips on the Magnum and it was a pleasure to shoot it.  My Black Widow wears the  Revision CV grips and He liked the way they looked.

Well after getting home I decided he could not have just a plain old Magnum so I ordered the Revision CV laminate grips for the little Magnum.  Here's a few photos for Uncle Lee cause it did happen.

Hope I'm in the running for Father in Law of the year.

Of course he has some great Leather for it from Desert Gun Leather by the #1 NAA enabler Rick!

Now if I could just find a PUG...
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

adp3

You've shown a very nice kindness. He can help keep your daughter safer now. My son in law is in a different state so I'll have to take him shopping or transfer one of mine to him one day. Girl child has a S&W #442 with Crimson Trace laser grips that I gave her before she moved as well as her great grand dad's old S&W .32 Hand Ejector and her grand dad's Remington 341 .22 Bolt gun so they do have some hardware around the house. You just can't be too careful.

Best Regards,
ADP3
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt,"
-Mark Twain

Uncle_Lee

Thanks for the picture, Ken.
Now I know that it is true.. Not just the mini but the fact that you are the # 1 Father-in-Law...
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Rick_Jorgenson

Ken, Your #1 in my book  :)

You have my vote!

Kentucky Gun Co. has a sale on some right now.  I have my eye on a 1 1/8" Magnum I "need" to add  ;)
Rick Jorgenson

KEN AR

To say that this little gun gets carried a lot I think would be an under statement.

RevisionCV.com Grips

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Gus1759

Ken,
       Does the belt keep the weapon snug? Have any problems with the holster?

KEN AR

Rick at Desert Gun Leather hand molds each holster the exact model being carried in it.  He uses that as an excuse to buy each and every one of the NAA's.  Yes it is very snug in the holster to answer your question.
RevisionCV.com Grips

autofull

very nice holster, most guys that buy an naa end up with a whole passel of them. little buggers are just cute and serve a purpose.

KEN AR

Yes my Son in Law has already commented that the Ranger II and Sidewinder are nice looking items...
RevisionCV.com Grips