Ranger II Front Sight

Started by MtGoat, November-09-18 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

MtGoat

Checking back in to see if NAA has an option to get a taller front sight installed similar to the standard magnum front sight (rounded instead of a post)?

For those that had to get a taller front sight has there been issues with the front sight catching on things when drawing from a pocket?
The resolve for a R II shooting low was to add height to the front post but it looked like it might snag pockets and seams when drawing.

Thank you
Pat

Bj

NAA put a taller front sight on mine, looks the same except for being taller.  I don't see any additional snaging issue, at least for me.  If you look close at some R2 pictures you can see some are taller.  The taller vrrsion might be what they sre producing now, that is just a guess on my part.

linux_author

i took the thinnest white shrinkwrap i could fine, hit it with a Bic, cut to fit the post, then used cyanoacrylate (superglue) to affix the tube to the sight...

works great!

i did the same, but in red shrinkwrap, for my Sidewinder - which has a smaller (less tall) post

hope this helps

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

autofull

i have installed a 90 degree angled white bead shotgun sight on mine. it does not snag at all and she still fires to point of aim. my 22lr model has the same mod.