A visual difference of OEM sights for Black Widow and Mini Master

Started by Rick_Jorgenson, December-02-18 20:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

For many newcomers to NAA that are buying the Black Widow (and Mini Master) are not sure if they have "Adjustable Sights" or not. 

As a Holster Maker I have run into this a couple times. A new customer calls to order a holster, tells me that his gun has adjustable sights. The next call from him, he is telling me the gun falls out of the Holster!

Reason for this is because the new "Non-adjustable" have a Hex-Nut in the middle of the front and rear sights. 

They assume that since there is a hex-nut they are the adjustable. They are "Movable" but are not the "Adjustable" sights offered.

The Photos show the difference between each style.  Visual difference as well as "Height" difference.

This is important to know because when ordering Holsters, there needs to be room accounted for and molded into the material (Leather or Kydex.)

* Height difference is enough to affect the fit. 
* A gun with the adjustable sights will not go in a holster made for one without them. 
* A holster made for a gun with adjustable sights will not have enough retention to hold a gun without them in.

I haven't seen any photos side by side like this so I help this helps anyone that has questions or would like to see the difference.

Thanks for looking! I hope this helps!
Rick Jorgenson

smokeless joe

Honky Tonk Man

Good explanation Rick.  I've bought holsters from many sources over the years and never had to specify what sights were on my handguns.  Most build for the biggest sights available, and results in a looser fit for fixed sights.  This is a testament to your precision and build quality.  Thanks.
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

kc

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: kc on December-04-18 06:12
Is that a blued steel BW on the right?

No, It's a Black Widow that I had "Coated" by the Gunsmith Shop next door to my shop.

https://robarguns.com/custom-firearm-finishes/
(They have 7 Gunsmiths on staff, their gun safe inside the building is a reinforced 20 foot container) It's an impressive tour of the machine shop & Coating shop  :)

The Black is their Matte Black Roguard and the Silver color parts are NP-3

Both coatings are far superior to Ceracoating JMHO

I carry and use that gun everyday. It is in and out of Holsters to check for fit 5 to 10 times a day for the last year with only the very front edge of the barrel showing wear.
Rick Jorgenson