Guardian 380 - Best pocket / IWB holsters

Started by SilentGunstar, December-02-18 21:12

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentGunstar

Canoeal

I am sure Rick could make exactly what you want...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

billmeek

Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

bearcatter

The laser grips may make it a tough search for a fit. It would be easiest in a gun shop with the gun and holster in your hands.

Quote from: billmeek on December-03-18 09:12
This may not be want you want, but it is supposed to work:
https://stickyholsters.com/sm-3-small-sticky-holster.html

The Sticky website is confusing in that you can find the Guardian 380 listed for two holsters, the SM-1 and 2, which is wrong. The SM-1 fits the 32, the SM-2 fits the 380 (without laser). I've tried them.

I like the Sticky with my 32. It works for pocket and IWB, relying on its tackiness to hold it either way, but I only use pocket. If you contact them they could maybe tell you if they can fit your laser.

For a belt holster, I've bought the Allen Cortez size 05. A little long, but works good for me at the range and they're only around $10. I was told it also fits the 380, but again, without a laser. I tried the Uncle Mike size ten, which is listed like it would fit, but it won't clear the trigger guard.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

SilentGunstar

Thanks for the replies so far.  I'm really leaning towards pocket carry only, if only for the fitment issues with the laser.

cfsharry

I am sure that Rick, a forum member who does first class leather work, could help you out.
He can design and build whatever you need.

smokeless joe

This is a link to Ricks website. Reach out to him and see what he can do for you. He's helped many of us on the forum.
https://www.desertgunleather.com/

smokeless joe

Uncle_Lee

Welcome Silent.
Yep, Rick can do what you need.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bearcatter

FWIW, you're lucky to have a laser available. Crimson Trace used to make one for the Guardian 32, and discontinued it. No one else ever made one for it. Okay for me and my 32, since I don't care to depend on lasers, but they are a good training aid for trigger control.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

redhawk4

I've always found the Blackhawk size 1 worked well enough for my 380 for pocket carry. They wear out after a while, I'm on my second in 10 years or so of everyday carry so for the price they are great value. For pocket carry and with the Guardian's weight how the holster fits your pocket is very important, the Blackhawk is great with jeans, with dress pants or anything lose fitting the pistol is moving all over the place and hitting your leg and can want to rotate in the pocket, because the holster is too small to fill the void. With jeans I honestly forget it's there and sometimes have to consciously think about whether it's in my pocket, or I left it at home.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

bearcatter

Quote from: bearcatter on December-05-18 09:12
FWIW, you're lucky to have a laser available. Crimson Trace used to make one for the Guardian 32, and discontinued it.

Just looked at the CT website, they have discontinued the Guardian 380 laser as well. Can they repair or replace a discontinued item?

[email protected]

Quote from: bearcatter on December-06-18 11:12
Quote from: bearcatter on December-05-18 09:12
FWIW, you're lucky to have a laser available. Crimson Trace used to make one for the Guardian 32, and discontinued it.

Just looked at the CT website, they have discontinued the Guardian 380 laser as well. Can they repair or replace a discontinued item?

No they will not. The non laser side grip panel on my Guardian.380 cracked near the upper rear portion under recoil after a couple hundred rounds. I contacted CT and they sent me what they stated to be their very last Guardian laser grip in the entire company and told me that was the last warranty replacement and there could be no repairs going forward. They also said the batteries for life that came with my laser grips wouldn't be honored anymore since they were a discontinued model. Pretty shitty.

bearcatter

Can you say "customer no service"? Good business sense would be for them to have set aside a good estimate of parts  for warranty service. Maybe they did, and still ran out, which wouldn't say much about product quality. Not honoring the battery supply is really bad. I don't own any CT stuff, and just decided I never will.

Canoeal

Two words : Tritium sights. Better in low light than some electronic device. Not perfect, but better.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

redhawk4

Quote from: Canoeal on December-08-18 17:12
Two words : Tritium sights. Better in low light than some electronic device. Not perfect, but better.

I like those sights too, one great advantage is also when the gun is on the nightstand, I can see the glow from the sights and my hand goes straight to it. I have both those and a laser on my Sig, it came that way at such a bargain price that it was a no brainer to buy it, I'm not a real fan of laser sights and one time when I packed the gun somewhere the laser got switched on and stayed on and killed the battery so relying 100% on laser sights is not good practice IMO, the Tritium sights make for a valuable back up, or prime sight. I'd imagine a lot of SD needs occur after dark.

Uncle_Lee

Only problem is that they die.
Then you have to replace the sights.
I have a pair of Stars that are on their third set of Meprolight Night Sights.
God, Country, & Flag

redhawk4

Quote from: uncle_lee on December-10-18 04:12

How long are they supposed to last? I've had mine for about 4 or 5 years, do they suddenly die or just get dimmer?

billmeek

The half-life of tritium is 12.32 years.  If you compare a new set of tritium sights to a 5 year old set, you will notice a difference in intensity.  As long as you are able to easily spot the night sights in dark conditions, I wouldn't replace them.
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-11-18 10:12
Quote from: uncle_lee on December-10-18 04:12

How long are they supposed to last? I've had mine for about 4 or 5 years, do they suddenly die or just get dimmer?

I have found that at 8-10 years they are useless. In total darkness, if you look hard, you can see them.
8 years it has to be dark and you have to look hard to see them. Not for defense at this time.
God, Country, & Flag

redhawk4

That's good to know, I always figured they didn't last forever, the ones on my Sig are still really bright currently and of course given the way they function there's no point in buying a spare set ahead of time to keep on hand.