are you able to drift pug sights?

Started by kpla51, January-03-19 20:01

Previous topic - Next topic

kpla51

So while fondling my pug today I noticed the rear sight was pushed to the right and was curious if they are drift able. I tried tapping it with a brass punch and a hammer but figured id ask the forum before going full hulk on the thing. It looks like theres a piece of the sight that fits into the notch where the hammer falls but it could be my terrible eye sight. The sight isn't too far off but just for my own sake id like it center.

Oh and I ordered another Pug today 8)

Uncle_Lee

Does it hit where you aim?
If so, don't move it.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

kpla51

Quote from: uncle_lee on January-04-19 06:01
Does it hit where you aim?
If so, don't move it.

It does but its due to a weird natural aim of the pug my eyes were centering the front sight perfectly down the center of the PUG even though the dot was not lining up with the line on the rear sight. Latter in the shooting session I then started focusing on "dotting the I" and everything shifted.

kpla51

I took it to my local smith and he got it pushed over, the sight when pushed on from the factory had a sliver of metal shaved off that was sitting in between where the hammer would fall. If you are able to see the photo in the original post notice the foreign object in the gap where the hammer falls. He was able to push the sight over and remove the shard of metal that was sticking out, I will take it back to the range and shoot it again soon.

Mr.Mini

I'm going to have to go to my LGS and get my Pug rear sight moved over. It came off center from the factory.

Warthog

NAA will fix that for you for sure Mr.Mini.  Give them  call and tell them and see what they will do for you. 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

kpla51

Quote from: Mr.Mini on January-05-19 20:01
I'm going to have to go to my LGS and get my Pug rear sight moved over. It came off center from the factory.

I guess mine was pretty hard to push over since the tolerances were so tight. They were tight enough to shave metal off of the sight :). Hopefully yours isn't as bad as mine was.

bearcatter

It's always better to use a sight pusher tool instead of a mallet and punch, and a good smith is likely to have several pushers to fit different guns.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Mr.Mini

I'll go through my LGS where I purchased it, if they have the right tool. If not contacting NAA will be what I'll do.