Took my new 22 LR mini to the range today

Started by Bernie707, February-01-19 21:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernie707

After waiting the mandatory period for the background check I picked up my new and first mini and took it to the range. First I read the manual and practiced removing and replacing the cylinder several times. I got the hang of shooting it and kept my hand away from the cylinder and the muzzle. It's a little nerve racking putting the loaded cylinder in the frame and getting the pin seated properly. I had to resist the urge to look at the front of the cylinder to see if it was lined up properly which would have pointed the barrel at my forehead - Duh! Fortunately I resisted that urge. I got so I could look down from the top of the frame or front the back of the cylinder to line it up so the pin would go through the cylinder and snap into place. I'll need to work on that so I can do it right the first time.

As for accuracy I was pleased. At 25 feet all but one out of fifty rounds were within the body mass lines required for qualifying for a ccw permit which I recently qualified for with three other guns. None of the rounds were key-holes out of the 1.16" barrel. For my first time shooting it I was pleased. I look forward to cleaning it tomorrow.
If you're not swimming against the current you're being carried along with it.

Uncle_Lee

All right..
Another happy customer.
We love happy people almost as much as pictures.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

holiday009

NAA Riverboat Gambler Owner.

top dog

Bernie,
Glad all went well with your new mini at the range.

May I suggest that you practice at 8-10 feet distance??  That is what they were basically designed for.

Now that you have one............soon it will  "multiply>

And.......if you follow Uncle Lee's advise and take photos...it starts the "reproductive process"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad that you are a happy customer.

Top Dog

Honky Tonk Man

That's good to hear Bernie.  That was the only model mini I had for 30 years.  It went everywhere.  I even took it in the Great Pyramids in Egypt,and some hot spots in Central America.  I forgot I had it in my pocket most of the time.  It always provided me an extra sense of security when I was in some not so nice areas and countries. 

Warning:  I started reading this forum a few years ago, and now I have 4 minis.  Love 'em all, but the 22LR, 1 1/8"  will always be the one with the most memories. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

Canoeal

Bernie glad to see you had a decent range time. I too, prefer longer practice distances, to hone my skills. My general targets are 7, 10 and 15 Yds with the BW, and I add a 20 yd for my 4" charter Arm. Wish you the best shooting with yours.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Warthog

I am glad Bernie that things went well and that you had a good time shooting.  Keep it up my fellow NAA owner and remember that they do seem to gather together when left alone...or even when you carrying them around, they seem to gather back at home... 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Bernie707

I uploaded a photo with my original post but it didn't appear, so here's a 2nd attempt.

Warthog

Looks good Bernie...again, I am glad you liked your Mini at the range too. :)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

grayelky

Glad you like your new toy. My original mini is a LR. Got it in 1977. I have had it engraved a little since then:
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

pennsy

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on February-02-19 08:02
That's good to hear Bernie.  That was the only model mini I had for 30 years.  It went everywhere.  I even took it in the Great Pyramids in Egypt,and some hot spots in Central America.  I forgot I had it in my pocket most of the time.  It always provided me an extra sense of security when I was in some not so nice areas and countries. 

Warning:  I started reading this forum a few years ago, and now I have 4 minis.  Love 'em all, but the 22LR, 1 1/8"  will always be the one with the most memories.
Just wondering how you take a pistol out of the country?

holiday009

Quote from: Bernie707 on February-02-19 13:02
I uploaded a photo with my original post but it didn't appear, so here's a 2nd attempt.
Nice looking mini !
NAA Riverboat Gambler Owner.

Honky Tonk Man

[/quote]
Just wondering how you take a pistol out of the country?
[/quote]

In my aviation survival vest. 

pennsy

So you were in the military at the time?

Honky Tonk Man

Yes.  39 years, 6 mos., and 25 days between '68 to 2010. 

pennsy

LHB

My experience was that if you have the right job, and/or know the right people, and co-operate with others, all kinds of things can move in and out of the country.

bill_deshivs

If he can hit a target at 25 feet, he damned sure can hit it at 10 feet!

Bernie707

Quote from: grayelky on February-02-19 14:02
Glad you like your new toy. My original mini is a LR. Got it in 1977. I have had it engraved a little since then:

That's some history there! Over 41 years! You'll never want to part will that. Nice engraving too! Thanks for  the post.
Also  like the story from Honky Tonk man about taking his  around the world. I hope to carry mine around a lot too, though I'd have to be over  110 years  years old to have it 40 years!