Ranger 2

Started by Bcfd1025, May-25-19 07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Bcfd1025

Have the bugs been worked out in the ranger 2? I have a .22lr mini, wanting to add to my collection. I find myself carrying it often especially when I'm out pedaling my bike for a good ride. Torn between a convertible pug or convertible ranger 2. I frequently plink while out rabbit hunting in the winter so the ranger would be easier to fire and reload was my thought. Often carry my Custom Guardian .32acp in the humid kentucky summers also. Is there a better serial range for the ranger in particular?

Thanks in advance

Spanky

RICKS PLACE

Not sure anyone can answer this.  Are all bugs ever out?  My Ranger II has been very dependable.  I am still trying to like the gun.  Still EDC my B/W and Pug.  I often cock and release the hammer (Don't let it fall) to try to smooth the action up.  I feel the hammer design brings the cocking thumb too close to the unlocking device. However, a taller hammer spur could also be a problem.  I have had the Ranger for 6 months and still not impressed with it.  But I am working with it.  So, for my Ranger, I must say the bugs regarding  dependability are pretty well worked out of it.  Still having my own problems with design bugs.  I paid too much money for it, so will not get rid of it.  Maybe another 6 months, I may love it. 

Uncle_Lee

Hello bcfd.
Get one of the longer barreled Rangers. It for sure will have a high serial number.

OH,,,,, Welcome to the asylum.
Pictures... Got to have pictures.
They are kind of falling off lately.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Bigbird48

I've had mine since EB days and its made several trips back to the mother ship. Last time it came back I shot a few rounds and just put it in the safe. Don't think I'll ever carry it I can't depend on it. I have 6 other minis that work just fine well I never shot the EB sidewinders so not sure about them but all my other work and I carry ED my BW and shoot it often.Thats my favorite . :D

Warthog

I have two convertible EB Ranger 2s and I didn't have any problems with mine out of the box.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Bcfd1025

The wait for a new mini is killing me!

linux_author

bought a Ranger II last fall... light strikes early on due to impingement of hammer (visible on top and one side), but has since smoothed out and become more reliable... however, i only EDC my Sidewinder as yet... i'm going to run at least 500 more rounds through my Ranger II...

we'll see then... i still like it, and it's fun to shoot (i only use .22wmr)

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

RICKS PLACE

Maybe someone can give me an idea of how long it takes to get a holster from Desert Leather.  I need one for my Ranger II and have given all my leather making equipment away.  And, my holsters work but are not pretty.

Warthog

Rick made my holster that holds as speedloader pretty quick.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Bj

Uncle_Lee

I don't know but it is a hundred dollars cheaper.
God, Country, & Flag

RangerJim

Actually, it looks like they are the same prices as the non-Blast versions--with no conversion model offered. From the description, it appears that it is a purely cosmetic change:

Features:    ADVISORY: Don't use PMC Ammunition PER MANUFACTURER;
                                 Top Portion Of Gun Has a Bead Blast Finish
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: RangerJim on June-07-19 05:06

Actually, it looks like they are the same prices as the non-Blast versions--with no conversion model offered. From the description, it appears that it is a purely cosmetic change:

Features:    ADVISORY: Don't use PMC Ammunition PER MANUFACTURER;
                                 Top Portion Of Gun Has a Bead Blast Finish

OK, missed that.
God, Country, & Flag

Warthog

Yeah, Trumpski still rules the airwaves...
-Albert Einstein

bearcatter

Quote from: Warthog on June-07-19 14:06
Yeah, Trumpski still rules the airwaves...

???....now that's thread drift......LOL
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

autofull

git a pug. you will love it.