22lr cylinder

Started by b-man, June-18-19 13:06

Previous topic - Next topic

b-man

Hello!
I am new to the forum with a question? Can I use  any 22lr cylinder on my wasp 22 mag without sending it in to NAA.
Thanks,any help would be appreciated
Bob

Bj

Each cylinder has to be properly timed to the specific revolver per my understanding.  NAA can tell you about that.

RICKS PLACE

I would guess by your question, you are not all that familiar with guns.  Nothing implied.  On changing to another cylinder, timing could be off, doesn't fit properly, doesn't come into proper battery.  I have checked out a couple of cylinders in other minis, both worked OK.   These minis are very close on fitting.  Some private gun smiths know how to tinker with them, and some "think" they know how.   In your case, I would go with BJ, contact NAA.  They will say send it in as your term "any cylinder' can cover a lot of territory and that would be good advice. BTW, welcome.

smokeless joe

I personally would not take the chance. I would reach out to NAA as stated above.

Oh and welcome to the forum  ;)

Uncle_Lee

Welcome b-man,
I too advise to send it in.
Call NAA for instructions on how to do it.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Boisesteve

B man,
Ricks Place gave the correct and complete answer, with all the situations he mentioned. They are hand fit.  The most recent of my four minis was 22magnum-only when I got it.  I live in Boise ID (never guessed, huh) and was able to easily coordinate a trip to Provo to get the 22LR cyl. fitted at NAA. Otherwise, the least expensive way to get it there is if you are on good terms with a FFL holder who'd ship it for you at his rate.
Good luck, Steve in Boise

b-man

I am very familiar with guns,just not minis. I was not aware of sending the mini back to naa for fitting. That's why I asked the question.
Bob