Light strikes 22 Magnum ammo

Started by 38sp, July-20-19 11:07

Previous topic - Next topic

38sp

Hello everyone it's been awhile since I posted. I have a question. Is there a way to increase the hammer spring tension on my new bug out 22 magnum. Every now and then I get a slightly light primer strike that will not let the round fire. There is an indention in the case where the hammer hits the rim but you can tell it is just ever-so-slightly shallower than the other four. It is on random cylinder because I have marked them to test it.

bill_deshivs

I doubt it's a hammer spring issue.
It sounds like the cases are not seating fully in the chamber.

38sp

So what would you suggest?  If the rounds were not seated all the way would the cylinder still rotate?

RICKS PLACE

I assume the cylinder is completely clean of any dirt.  Don't think it is an ammo FTF problem.  Cock and let the hammer down (unloaded of course, I do it with the cylinder out) slowly and see if it is smooth into each battery.  If not, the factory can fix it best.  My Ranger II needed this many times and finally smoothed up. 

38sp

grayelky

Any update on this issue? Has it been resolved?
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

kpla51

In the past I had two PUGs 1 had a substantially heavier hammer spring ( hope thats the right term) the weaker one had quite a few misfires with winchester super X. It was hard to say if it was the hammer or the ammo. I didn't shoot the one with the heaver hammer much maybe 50 rounds. What brand are you shooting? CCI seems to make the most consistent 22 ammo from my experience.

38sp

Cci, hornady, federal.
Still having issues.

Canoeal

Call customer service. Whatever the issue is, they will fix it. Ask for a report of what was fixed , if you want to know...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke