Super companion question

Started by Rigemortis, August-09-19 07:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Rigemortis

If you have one or used one...
What style of percussion capper have you used to cap your cylinder? I was looking at an inline and wasn't too sure if it would get in there or not.

OLD and GRUMPY

Your finger is the only way. Nothing easy or fast about her.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

lefty dude

Yep; Your Fingers, carefully of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then seat them, not to hard. I use a Deer Antler tang, with the sharp end cut blunt about the size of the cap.

Capper is used for my Cap & ball Colt style Revolvers, Screw driver is used to remove spent caps.

That concho is real Silver W/ real Turquoise.

Uncle_Lee

I had a Freedom Arms BP mini that I COULD NOT prime with my fingers.
So I made me a loader from a tip for a Dillon Blue Press primer tube. (I had a lot of them around for my press)
I put the tip on a dowel and trimmed it down so the primer would not go all the way up in the tip.
Worked wonderfully.

https://www.dillonprecision.com/dillon-1-small-pick-up-tube_8_116_23514.html
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

top dog

Rige,
I have found that for me,only fingers work. I tried other methods but they did not seem to work for me.

Remington caps seem to fit the best,others tend to jam up the works,at least that was in my experience.

Top Dog

scuubbs

As far as caps go use the Remington #10 caps... I use on all my bp revolvers. They fit snugly on the nipple and never fall off (unlike the #11 caps) and I have never had a misfire or cap jam of any type... I love shooting my Colt 1860 Army with them, I can feel the spent caps fall off across my hand as Im cocking and firing rapidly...:)..