Black widow sites.

Started by SandPike, September-27-19 15:09

Previous topic - Next topic

SandPike

Hello, I just purchased a Black Widow today and have been shooting it in this evening.It is shooting almost 5 inches to the left. This gun has "fixed" dovetail sites. The rear site is already drifted to the right slightly from the factory. I would like to drift the front site slightly to the left, to zero this gun in.

Both the front and rear sites however, have a small hole in the center, and my old eyse can't see in there to tell if there is perhaps an alan set screw? I am using "cheater" glasses and I still can't tell.

So my question is, do I need to loosen a set screw on the site, before I tap it with a punch, to drift it over in the dovetail?

Canoeal

There indeed is a screw. There should be a hex wrench in the box, perhaps under the foam to adjust them.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Cary Gunn

Howdy  SandPike,

Shouldn't you move the rear sight to the right in order to move point of impact to the right?

Or maybe I'm looking at things sort of lopsided.

Happy trails, and hope you get her shootin' straight,

-- Cary Gunn --

Canoeal

He said the rear is already drifted right...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Cary Gunn

Yes, he said the sight had already been drifted to the right. 

And -- if revolver is still shooting to the left -- the rear sight should be drifted still more to the right!

Happy trails and straight shootin',

-- Cary Gunn --

bearcatter

I can't believe a NAA gun would leave the factory that much off. Maybe it's your grip shifting, or your trigger finger? Do you have a buddy that could try it, just to give it a separate test?

Most of my experience with new guns has them shoot left and low until I get adjusted to the best grip and finger position for them.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Cary Gunn

My apologies, SandPike and Canoeal,

I misread the original post and thought SandPike wished to adjust his REAR sight to move bullet impact to the right.  In that case, as I stated above, movement of the rear sight would be to the right. 

Actually, though, he wished to adjust his FRONT sight.  In that case, movement of bullet impact to the right would come from movement of the front sight to the left.

Originally, only I was confused.  Now, I suppose I've confused everybody.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Canoeal

Uncle_Lee

I wasn't paying that much attention so I am OK.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Cary Gunn

Thanks, Uncle Lee.

I've found that the less attention is paid to me, the less criticism I receive.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn -- 

bill_deshivs

Your sights aren't "fixed"- they are adjusable.
Fixed sights can not be adjusted.

Canoeal

Quote from: bill_deshivs on November-23-19 13:11
Your sights aren't "fixed"- they are adjusable.
Fixed sights can not be adjusted.

In a sense you are correct, if they are driftable they are not truly 'fixed'.