Wife will be getting a birthday Pug.

smokeless joe

FiftyCalAl

Just go to Davidson's Gun Gallery and search for PUG

FiftyCalAl

Cary Gunn

Dammit gents,

How come all this turquoise lately?

What's next, maybe a pretty puce; or a charmingly subtle saffron?

Can't wait.

Happy trails, and keep smilin',

-- Cary Gunn --

heyjoe

why is it so hard to get a pug with both cylinders?
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

FiftyCalAl

You can send it back to factory and pay for an LR cylinder and have the LR cylinder fitted and timed

heyjoe

Quote from: FiftyCalAl on November-17-19 18:11
You can send it back to factory and pay for an LR cylinder and have the LR cylinder fitted and timed

i know i can....i wanted to know why they dont sell them as a new convertible for the pug

LHB

I bought a brand new convertible pug a few years ago off GunBroker, and at that time I was led to believe that the convertible pugs were a distributor exclusive.

FiftyCalAl

I don't think I've ever seen the convertible offered in a PUG, except from Bangers

heyjoe

ok, thanks.....that explains it. i wonder how many sales NAA loses because the convertible model isnt readily available in the pug. all of my NAA mini revolvers are convertibles except for the 22 short, and the Ranger 1.

Cary Gunn

I'm not sure if the Pug is available with both cylinders or not, but, if not, it should be.

The ability to shoot the Long Rifle cartridge means a lot to me in terms of highly affordable practice ammo.  These little revolvers usually require a lot of practice to gain real proficiency, and Long Rifle rounds are a lot cheaper, and usually easier to find, than .22 Rem. Magnum. 

That said, I bought my Black Widow new with only one cylinder.

At the time, the BW's were hard to find.  They were on "factory allocation" everywhere I looked, and the only one I could find available, either in local gunshops or on the Internet, was at Davidson's Gallery of Guns.  And the Davidson BW had only the LR cylinder. I happily bought it with just the one wheel, and later sent it back to NAA to have a magnum cylinder fitted.

It wasn't the most convenient way to get a convertible revolver, but it was -- at the time -- the only way to get my hands on a Black Widow. 

The Long Rifle cylinder-only purchase allowed me to see for myself how amazingly accurate and how much fun the little BW could be.  And, eventually, I cured the shortfall by having the .22 Magnum cylinder factory-fitted.

Happy trails and straight shooin',

-- Cary Gunn--

Canoeal

I prefer to use the same ammo, or very close to what I carry for 'practice'. Why would you use a different weight gun, with lighter ammo, and less punch to practice that might shoot to a different point,high or low? Other than the cost.
I will want the gun to react the same when I need it as when I practice.

If I were to get a second cylinder, and it is not high on my priority list, it would be a second 22 mag cylinder.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

FiftyCalAl

Some photos with one holster choice

Uncle_Lee

That is a very good looking set.
Thanks for sharing.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Gog

Gorgeous set! I like the color and grips and the holster has some awesome tooling.

Pedaler

Does she know or is it a surprise? I get the feeling you're working together on this.

heyjoe