extra cylinder

Started by Anvil, May-25-22 19:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Anvil

I was thinking of getting an unfluted cylinder for my Pug as an extra but I see you need to contact the factory. Has any of you gone through this process?
Do I have to send in my gun to have it fitted or do they just need basic information on the receiver itself?

You may not need it but should have it.

pietro

I believe the gun needs to be sent in for fitting the cylinder, but you should ask Jessica @ NAA (and here)
Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Anvil

Yeah, that's what worries me. 15 years ago I sent in a S&W revolver to the factory and in returning it was held up by ATF for 6 months.

pietro

? ? ?

IDK why you had ATF involved, since Federal Law specifies that a firearm may be shipped directly to an FFL ( NAA has a manufacturing FFL), for repair or customization, and directly receive the same firearm after the repair  w/o having to go through an FFL.

The exception would be if the firearm owner resides in a state that does not allow such transfer.

Click & scroll down to item #7 @ the bottom of the last page: https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0501-firearms-top-10-qaspdf/download

Rimfire

I recently had to have a warranty cylinder replacement. NAA asked for gun/defective cylinder, and extra cylinder to be sent to factory using NAA-supplied shipping label via FedEx. Said they needed the whole gun to time both the new and extra cylinder correctly. Process very smooth, went without a hitch. Gun was returned within ten days of shipment to NAA.
Deplorable before deplorable was cool.

RogueTS1

Done on every one of our Minis, except the SW & the R2, and one Guardian. All came back in about 2 weeks right to my Office front desk without problems.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

bearcatter

I need a .22LR cylinder for my Guardian...... :D
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: bearcatter on May-26-22 11:05

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bearcatter

Quote from: uncle_lee on May-26-22 12:05
Quote from: bearcatter on May-26-22 11:05

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rogue said he did it to his, but I can't find it on the website.  . ;D. ;D. ;D. ;D. ;D. ;D. ;D.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

tinhorn

Dang, how do you guys get such preferential treatment? I had to return a brand-new Earl for a broken hand, and was told it would take 4-6 weeks.

bearcatter

Their time estimate is worst case scenario. It usually ends up being a lot less.

Anvil

Quote from: pietro on May-26-22 09:05

? ? ?

IDK why you had ATF involved, since Federal Law specifies that a firearm may be shipped directly to an FFL ( NAA has a manufacturing FFL), for repair or customization, and directly receive the same firearm after the repair  w/o having to go through an FFL.

The exception would be if the firearm owner resides in a state that does not allow such transfer.

Click & scroll down to item #7 @ the bottom of the last page: https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/0501-firearms-top-10-qaspdf/download

Long story Pietro but it somehow by someone was unboxed it along the way and it was eventually returned to me via the serial number.

pietro

WOW !

There sure is a risk, when shipping a firearm - at least, I'm glad you finally got it back.

copfish

I?ve heard the nightmare stories, but I?ve been lucky.  Still, prefer to get the guns with the extra cylinder at the time of purchase. Cheaper in the long run.
Retired lawdog and wildland  firefighter.

RogueTS1

Oops. Was not too clear there ................. but we have had every NAA except the SW, the R2 and the Guardian shipped to the factory for a .22 LR cylinder.  8)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.