Wasp hammer breakage?

Started by TeeJay37, December-26-12 21:12

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeJay37

Hi, I am planning on ordering a Black Widow soon. I really like the looks of the Wasp's hammer. I emailed them about ordering one with that hammer and was told it could be done. Just now, I saw an old thread about a Wasp that the hammer broke on. I was wondering if this is a common thing to worry about. I would like this to be a backup/discreet carry gun and want to make sure it won't be a problem. Have they done anything to fix this?

Thanks

louiethelump

no.  It seems they only break when they are dry fired a lot with the cylinder out and the hammer body is slamming against the steel frame.  The few we heard about all experienced this.  (that I know of...)
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

grayelky

I think I recall reading about a batch NAA received from their vendor with improper hardening or treating. There have been no reports here since then, and only a couple reported that broke. What Customer Service has dealt with, we have no way of knowing. For what it is worth, I carry a Wasp quite regularly and have never given it a second thought.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

TeeJay37

Okay, thanks for the input. I just so happened to be looking at pictures and stumbled across the old thread. But, it seems to be on a different forum. Was there a change and the old one still active? Another thing, how do I set my profile to send me email notifications and not have to enter the silly letters each time I post?

grayelky

Quote from: TeeJay37 on December-27-12 00:12
Okay, thanks for the input. I just so happened to be looking at pictures and stumbled across the old thread. But, it seems to be on a different forum. Was there a change and the old one still active? Another thing, how do I set my profile to send me email notifications and not have to enter the silly letters each time I post?
The old forum was left active for the information some posts contain. I suspect at some point it will go away, but am not certain.

If you will click on your screen name, it will take you to a profile page, with a summary of your account. Just above that, in a black bar, will be 3 words. The 2nd one is "Modify Profile", put your cursor on it, and it becomes a drop down menu. The third choice in this menu is "Notifications". This is where you will find what you seek.

As to the silly letters, once your post count reaches a certain number (I think it is 10), they go and bother someone else who is new to the forum. It will not hurt to buy several minis, as part of the profit is used to support this board.
Okay, maybe I "fudged" a little on that last part. ::)
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

TeeJay37

Thanks, grayelky. I realize what happened now. I set up my notifications last week, but I am used to other forums automatically subscribing you to topics you've posted in. But it seems this one you must manually select it.

Haha, I suppose the site isn't full of ads, so you may be right. I'm buying right from NAA, instead of a dealer, so maybe it will help out more.