Mini Master Conversion! Fixed or Adjustable sights?

Started by Goatpacker, March-20-14 19:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Goatpacker

Bought another set of grips last night for a gun that I don't even own yet. Been wanting a Mini Master to add to the collection. This one will not be a daily carry but will be used for hip carry into the woods with a deliberate purpose such as hunting small game and something thrown in a backpack for hiking trips. It will also be used to plink with off the porch. Accuracy is the main objective for this one. Please know that I know there are better options for this purpose and be rest ashured that I already own and use most of those. It is kind of like I use my rifle to fill the freezer and after it is full I use a longbow for sport and keep it topped off. It is for the fun and sport of it. I am leaning toward adjustable sights but am asking those with them if they are the way to go? I have a Widow with the fixed that is carried daily because of the lower profile, love them by the way. What are yall's opinions about this?

Have Trumpet Will Travel

Hey GP, I have all the magnums: Pug, Black Widow and Mini Master. All have the fixed sights - just bought a Mini Master with the adjustable sights and the sight-picture is easier to pick-up on (the sights are higher). I also carry a Black Widow and as suggested the Mini Master in an outside-the-pants holster. The 4" barrel is consistently more accurate, so better for off-the-porch type shooting, etc. As far as the adjustable sights from an aesthetic (looks) standpoint, the Mini Master is the only version large enough to not look like the sights were an afterthought;  on the Black Widow they look as though they were taken from a much larger gun and adapted.
These are amazing pieces of what I call "useable art", they are lots of fun to own. Two months ago I was not even aware of the NAA revolvers, was all caught-up in the air-rifle/pellet-gun craze. Most of my .22 & .25 caliber pellet guns cost as much or more than these NAA's - makes them a true bargain I do believe. HTWT

Goatpacker

Like I said I'm leaning that way. Do they seem to have the range of adjustment to get them to point of aim? I do not mind big sights on a gun as long as they are accurate and not used for concealment or need to be drawn smoothly.

TwoGunJayne

My adjustable Mini Master conversion hits well and is within adjustment range.

Sometimes, a sight wants to wander in the dovetail and requires drifting to bring it back to center.

Though I really like fixed sights on a BW for the low-snag, a larger piece such as the MM is best served with adjustables. Hold a fixed BW in one hand, hold an adjustable MM in the other. The sights seem gigantic! They're very visible and if you're actually hitting stuff, then the adjustable MM is the way to go.

Then again, the fixed-sight Hogleg is no slouch, either.

darticus

How do you adjust sights on the mini master conversion with adjustable sights. How do you do it??? Thanks Ron

Honky Tonk Man

Quote from: darticus on January-20-19 09:01
How do you adjust sights on the mini master conversion with adjustable sights. How do you do it??? Thanks Ron

Ron, the thread you are on was in 2014.  Almost 5 years ago.  Maybe someone will be able to answer your question that's currently active on the forum. Welcome Aboard! 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: darticus on January-20-19 09:01

Hi Ron,

Both the front and rear sights have Allen head screws that you need to loosen to move the sight then tighten to hold in place.

I have used both but I'm such a bad shot nothing helps me! lol!!

Sorry, I don't have photos of the Allen screw on top of each.
Rick Jorgenson