Blue burl grips

Started by 45flint, April-29-12 17:04

Previous topic - Next topic

ikoiko

Nice job. Thanks for all the photos from start to finish.

45flint

Actually I put this grip along side a standard boot grip and its general size is not all that much different if you look at the two inner guides which match up.  It really is the extension and some very small shaping differences, really make it look so different on the gun.  

45flint

Does it work with the smaller Ranger?

ikoiko

I like it better on the ranger, especially if it's one of the very rare fired ones.

Uncle_Lee

Nope, don't work for me.

Too much grip, not enough gun.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

grayelky

What Uncle lee said.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

chopprs

I don't care for it either...

45flint

What is interesting to me is that Chong's grips are actually larger than these.  Steve

chopprs

By what dimension?

I think you better measure that again.....

45flint

Side by side and Chong grip on top of blue burl. I really did not make this grip to compete with Chong, his grips are awesome.

chopprs

.....looks like the issue may be the thicker part up by the hammer, seems to make the whole gun look bigger....

45flint

Also he makes the grip longer but with a slant down, mine is the opposite, cause I was trying to do the flintlock thing.  I really think that makes the most difference to the eye.

dracothered

Not crazy about the grip going all of the way up to the cylinder, it just doesn't look right. The rest of the grip looks great though.

45flint

I have keep it on my Ranger, don't disagree it's a bid odd but I kind of like that and gives great grip to gun.   Use it for daily carry.   Already thinking what grip would look good with the Sidewinder.  Will be fun to try some of the ones I have already made.   Think I got one that will look good with the I" barrel and more square look.

dracothered

I think if showed more frame behind the cylinder it would look allot better

45flint

Not that I have to defend it but you are seeing it from just one angle.  the cool part is the the wood is fitted flush with the metal all the way up to the cylinder.  Need pictures from different angles to appreciate.  I actually think it is one of my better crafted grips but probably looks best on a long gun like the Earl.

philipapelletier

Nice job on those grips!