Billings, MT

Started by grayelky, September-01-16 06:09

Previous topic - Next topic

grayelky

Anyone n here attending Wing Ding?

(For those who do not speak "Goldwing", this is the national yearly gathering of Honda Goldwing motorcycle owners and enthusiasts.)
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

boone123

greyelky... Its n my to do list, but not this year. I have a 1976 Limited Gold  Wing, gold rims and all, that we bought new in 76. Always kept in a heated garage, and still nice. The steering head bearings need to be removed and cleaned up.  The grease got hard over the years, so when you turn the bars its not smooth. I keep putting it off, to many other bikes to ride
You asked if anyone on here was going,are you?

Bigbird48

Can I go on my Yamaha Tour Deluxe ::) :o 8)

grayelky

Bigbird48- Well, you could have, and can next year- it will be in Texas.
Boone123- Congrats on such a classy bike. If you are going to remove them, why not replace them? After 40 years, surely you have your money's worth, and can spring for a new set :). Of course, you did not mention mileage, which could be a factor.

If either of you -or anyone else who happens to read this - ever get half a chance to go to the Billings area, I can highly recommend it. Beartooth Pass is a must ride, but be sure to take a nice jacket. We went from short sleeve weather to liner in the jacket and cold weather gloves in a matter of a few minutes, but it is an amazing ride. Another thT goes hand-in-hand, is Chief Joseph Highway. We were not able to ride it, but it comes as highly talked about as Beartooth Pass. Keep a close eye on the weather. We were in Billings on Aug 29, and the Beartooth was closed due to snow on the 25th and opened about noon on the 26th. Overall, I had a 10 day trip covering a little over 4200 miles, and would love to do it again! Yes, we rode our Goldwings! My longest day was from Fort Smith, AR to Acworth, GA (home!) for 665 miles in right at 11 hours.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"