Range report: First shots fired.

Started by appliancejunk, August-30-12 08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

appliancejunk

Shot my 22mag for the first time this morning.  

For the very first shot I only loaded one round into the cylinder.  

Wanted to make sure I was not going to blow it up the first time, lol...  

It had a lot more kick then I thought it would have. Even with ear plugs in and a firm grip on the gun I was kind of shocked after the first round went off. I'm not new to guns or pistols, just really small ones I guess.  

When your holding it in your hand the size is so deceiving, seems like such a toy even though it's not.  

28 rounds of CCI MAXI-MAG TMJ 40 Grain.  

Decided to save all my empty brass. Thought it would be cool to save it just to keep track of how many rounds I have put through the little guy.  

Had one FTF towards the end. I could see the mark the hammer made in it.  

Was not sure what to do with the FTF so I rotated it around and tried to fire it again.  

The second time it fired.  

How do you guys handle a FTF round like that?

RogueTS1

just as you did. give it a few seconds to make sure it does not go off late then keep cycling through the cylinder. I have never had a failure on the second time around.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

keith44

gunr

Roguets1,

"I have never had a FTF the second time around"

Guess you have not used many of the Remington Gold bullets eh?

Thats great advice to wait a few seconds after a FTF, only Id make that a full minuet! especially with a mini! You have probably seen the photos several months ago about what happened to that guys hand, when he had a FTF, then cocked the hammer for the next round, which put the FTF out in the open, Then it Blew!

Scary!

appliancejunk

I have not seen the photo, got a link?

gunr

Ajunk,

Sorry I don't but I'm sure some others on the the board here can help you.

This also started a discussion about the fact that the minis don't have a shied behind the cylinder for protection about this sort of thing!

appliancejunk

Never thought about the lack of a shield behind the cylinder as being a safety issue. Another reason to get a sidewinder. ;)