After all the Hollywood crap this year

Started by OLD and GRUMPY, December-19-17 14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD and GRUMPY

A few days ago, people around the world celebrated the premiere of Star Wars: The Last Jedi but Luke Skywalker's alter ego Mark Hamill had another glorious reason to raise a toast. It has been 39 years since he and Marilou York got married, and the force is strong with their Hollywood-romance-trends-defying love.

https://www.boredpanda.com/mark-hamill-marilou-york-wedding-anniversary-photos/
Death before Decaf !!!!!

cbl51

Good for them!!!

Once in. while you see some Hollywood types stay married. James Stewart, Robert Mitchum, and Richard Widmark had a stable life in the real world if I recall right. As did Charlton Heston. But then, they were the old breed that had some morals.

Warthog

Very Good.  It is sad that many of the Hollywood set seems to get married and divorced and remarried and divorced etc until they die alone.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

RogueTS1

Quotesad that many of the Hollywood set seems to get married and divorced and remarried and divorced etc until they die alone.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.  ;)
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

redhawk4

Quote from: Warty62 on December-19-17 19:12
Very Good.  It is sad that many of the Hollywood set seems to get married and divorced and remarried and divorced etc until they die alone.

But it's all tied together, when you have people who lack morals, will do anything to succeed, will sleep there way to the top etc. you can't expect those traits to produce a stable lasting marriage or even close family ties. IMO, they reap what they sow and will never find real happiness by constantly looking to satisfy their own desires and ambitions.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

kc

Kinda off the subject, but if y'all haven't seen it, the movie Wind River is excellent. Even some good hunting shots in it!

Ruger

Naa . . back to the drift. Once again, Rosie expressed her political concerns today.

Everyday I am FORCED to put another another person on my list of people that can just kiss my A$$.

OK.  Sorry.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

Warthog

Well, Marriage is sacred and is supposed to be for life.  God makes them one and no one shall separate them.  Jesus said the ONLY reason to allow a divorce is for sexual misconduct AKA adultery.  So it is good that these two were able to stay together and remain married.  It is sad that today the Hollywood folks, who are supposedly looked up to, tend not to stay married and tend to commit as much adultery as they are capable of.... :(

America needs heroes who stay within the Word.  Not any more who think the Word is nothing to care about.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

PaducahMichael

Quote from: Ruger on December-20-17 17:12
Naa . . back to the drift. Once again, Rosie expressed her political concerns today.

Everyday I am FORCED to put another another person on my list of people that can just kiss my A$$.

OK.  Sorry.

Kiss my A$$? I don't think so - never know where those lips have been!
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

redhawk4

She'll need a long list if she wants to be kissed all over, they'll have to work in shifts :)
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

Ruger

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-20-17 21:12
She'll need a long list if she wants to be kissed all over, they'll have to work in shifts :)

HeHeHeHe ;D
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

WECSOG

Black Widow convertible
Magnum 1-5/8"
Super Companion 1-5/8"
LR 1-1/8"

Canoeal

Just ignore them. They are trash and will eventually be taken out with it.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke