For All You Californians Waiting For The 4" Rangers.

Started by gebe, December-27-17 13:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: gebe on January-03-18 19:01
Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on January-03-18 08:01
Quote from: RogueTS1 on January-01-18 18:01
I believe I would just buy another place located in another state. Cali house for the weather and the scenery and the other for my firearms needs.  :P

This is the solution for me.  AZ for the address and the winter weather and I'm close enough to CA to get the heck out of AZ in the summer!  Get my BEACH fix and cool off for a few days or a week every couple weeks in the summer :)

Again, who the heck can do that and wouldn't do that if one could? This thread has deteriorated to such fanasty! Yeah, I'll just buy another place, in another state, call for weather, the scenery and the other for my firearms needs and then move!

My gosh, that's really easier said than done and  really not feasible. My gosh Rick, that you agreed to that fantasy!

This thread has turned into how EASY it is to move to another state and THAT Is a fantasy! Glad all you guys did it and you guys who don't live here that could easily do it if you didn't live here.

Geez, the conceptus is it's so easy. Sorry, but  all you guys are really are dreaming. I'm sure most of you will say you own your property outright but I REALLY DO!

Thank you all for your responses but my thread really has grown to and continues to grow to I where should move out of Calif. and that it's really easy to do. Thanks for your opinions.

Ouch....

I have worked, saved, invested etc...  all the usual  stuff, many others here have as well I'm sure.  I have owned homes in California (Ojai Valley) and Hawaii (Pahoa) at the same time.  Sold some and made money, sold others and did not.  I never had kids (never wanted them) and have had good health and a couple bad wives (there goes some more money  ;))

The home I live in now is in a gated community, on a golf course (my back yard, no I don't play golf but we are at the foothill of a small mountain range and the view is great!) North of Phoenix AZ (its paid for) I now have a great wife (I kissed a some bad ones first  ::))  and at 57 still feel pretty darn good.

I have always worked hard to get what I have and am trying to spend some time enjoying my wife and myself.  Arizona is inexpensive to live, I have family and my wife's family are here. I like it in the winter but dislike the summers.  Can I afford a home in CA & AZ?   No, not any more.  I am not in the industry I was at that time, making that kind of money.  But, I really like what I do now, it has always been a goal to do leather work full time.

Obviously I buy whatever guns I like because of the AZ address (it is my only residence) but like to spend as many days in CA during the summer as I can.

My trips to CA now are for me to get my beach fix (I grew up in Ventura) in my home town & visit relatives there.  We stay in a pet friendly hotel and have a good time.  My wife is not from CA so we go to Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo & Santa Ynez sight seeing, she loves it and so do I.

A goal for next summer is to have a "Toy Hauler" travel trailer to skip the hotel scene and stay at R.V. parks while going to some of the CA Gun Shows selling holsters (again, working  :o) take a few extra days for sight seeing before or after a Gun Show for ourselves.  Then, back to Phoenix to build Holster stock.  If I mix working & travel then I can have the best of both states when I like.  Anyway... when you make it happen, its a goal.... when you don't, thats a fantasy.
Rick Jorgenson

Surculus

Quote from: gebe on December-27-17 13:12
I e-mailed NAA about a possible ETA on the 4 inchers and Jessica said it'll probably be 6 months. So the wait is on.

AWESOME! Let NAA get all the production bugs sorted out on other people's Rangers so that by the time they get the pipeline filled and get around to putting out the 4" model production will be running as slick as greased owl snot and not a QC hiccup can be found between Provo UT & Low-cal So.Cal. [where the $ is plastic & the people are too!]

I won't be living behind the Granola Curtain forever, but until I can escape [7 years from today, roughly] I'll be more than happy to expend some of my modest stockpile of 22lr & wmr through a Ranger with a loooong nose! ;)

Kevin55

Quote from: Warty62 on January-03-18 11:01
California never appealed to me.  I guess I was never a big beach person.

In any case, California is starting to get smart with the whole gun control idea.  Take away the ammo and who cares if they have a gun?
The legislature got slammed every time they tried to ban a type of rifle. Ban AR-15s, OK they change the name and keep selling.  Define the "assault rifle".  OK, swap in the "bullet button" to remove magazines. Ban those, OK now it's a take down lever to release the magazine.

Make ammo hard to buy. Well, ***, now it's an expensive club.

Born in Californa. Raised in Berkeley.  I was told to "go against the flow," so I became a conservative gun owner.  Happy now hippies? 

What is the difference between Berkeley and Russia?  Berkeley still has an active communist party.

The stupid stuff that defined Berkeley politics has gone state wide. It's nuts.

I lived in Nevada for two years. I miss the more rational government.  We moved to the San Diego area a few years ago.  Beautiful, great weather, and nutty traffic.

Kevin55

I wish NAA would sell the 1-5/8" 22mag instead of the 1-1/8".
The 1-1/8" barrel is fine for the 22lr, but 22mags need more length.
I really wish they would sell the Black Widow in Kommiefornia.

Bigbird48

LOCATION-LOCATION-LOCATIONLOCATION...LOCATION... LOCATION...

You may have heard on the news about a Southern California man who was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found he owned 100 guns and allegedly had 100,000 rounds of ammunition stored in his home.
The house also featured a secret escape tunnel.
By Southern California standards, someone owning 100,000 rounds is considered "mentally unstable".
BUT...
In Michigan, he'd be called "the last white guy still living in Detroit".
In Arizona, he'd be called "an avid gun collector".
In Arkansas, he'd be called "a novice gun collector".
In Utah, he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food."
In Kansas, he'd be "A guy down the road you would want to have for a friend."
In Montana, he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."
In Idaho, he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate".
In Georgia, he'd be called "an eligible bachelor".
In North Carolina, Oklahoma, Virginia, West Virginia, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina and Minnesota he would be called "a deer hunting buddy".
AND OF COURSE
In Texas he'd just be "Bubba; who's a little short on

Canoeal

In PA he would just 'fit in'...unless he lived in side Philly city limits...The they would 25s, 32s, and 380s with no serial numbers...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Canoeal

Yeah, the move thing is never a real option especially on a boatbuilder and PCB designer's incomes. That is why mt original post said "Maybe you should change your governor and lawmakers, and get real gun laws... It might be faster!" But that was shot down as not doable even though it really is the only other option. Obviously I was not suggesting you all run for office, but you could do the work to make change. So if you who are gun owners and live there won't do that work, I guess you get to live with it. Like all things, it is your choice...

"All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

RangerJim

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-04-18 08:01

You may have heard on the news about a Southern California man who was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found he owned 100 guns and allegedly had 100,000 rounds of ammunition stored in his home.
By Southern California standards, someone owning 100,000 rounds is considered "mentally unstable".
BUT...
In Utah, he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food."
In North Carolina, Oklahoma, Virginia, West Virginia, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, South Carolina and Minnesota he would be called "a deer hunting buddy".
AND OF COURSE
Love it, BigBird!  Although I don't remember letting you into my basement to take that picture!   ;)
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Canoeal

Big Brother is watching.... How that phrase from Orwell is so very true these days indeed; Big Brother IS watching...

theysayimnotme

Quote from: Canoeal on January-04-18 09:01
Yeah, the move thing is never a real option especially on a boatbuilder and PCB designer's incomes. That is why mt original post said "Maybe you should change your governor and lawmakers, and get real gun laws... It might be faster!" But that was shot down as not doable even though it really is the only other option. Obviously I was not suggesting you all run for office, but you could do the work to make change. So if you who are gun owners and live there won't do that work, I guess you get to live with it. Like all things, it is your choice...

"All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Just how do you propose that we out "work" the Democrats who are standing on the border yelling alli alli income free & then bussing them to the polls? I would have to figure out some way to vote six million times. Better that YOU PEOPLE move here to help out instead of telling us to leave.

Bigbird48

What was you drinkin that day Jim? :o

Quote from: RangerJim on January-04-18 11:01
Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-04-18 08:01

BUT...
AND OF COURSE
Love it, BigBird!  Although I don't remember letting you into my basement to take that picture!   ;)

gebe

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-03-18 21:01
Well it is pretty easy, in Oct 2010 My girlfriend and I were sittin around the woodstove she was moaning about the cold and said lets move someplace warm, I said AZ is warm, so we started lookin at houses on the net, found 3 that we kinda liked, first week of Dec. I flew out here rented a car and drove around lookin at the 3 , I called her said I liked this one cause the other 2 were really in the desert and this one was near the mountains and was just better , she said OK I called the realtor negotiated my price and said we'd close first of the year. I flew back sold my house in 3 weeks, took a beating but I needed to sell it. We did all the paperwork over the net for this place and the 1st week of Feb 2011 we packed up everything we could get into 2 pickup's and 2 uhaul trailers, including are you ready ...get this 6 cats, 8 snakes, 3 ferets and a dog and drove 5 days cross country. Sneaking in all the animals to motel rooms each night.  EZZZ PZZZ ;D and now I want to move back, but having a hard time trying to sell this place. Anyone want a 3 bed 2 bath mfg with 4.5 acres in the foothills of AZ. Great view :D

What a great post Bigbird! Sorry, but got a big chuckle out of it. Wish you luck!

gebe

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on January-03-18 22:01
Quote from: gebe on January-03-18 19:01
Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on January-03-18 08:01
Quote from: RogueTS1 on January-01-18 18:01
I believe I would just buy another place located in another state. Cali house for the weather and the scenery and the other for my firearms needs.  :P

This is the solution for me.  AZ for the address and the winter weather and I'm close enough to CA to get the heck out of AZ in the summer!  Get my BEACH fix and cool off for a few days or a week every couple weeks in the summer :)

Again, who the heck can do that and wouldn't do that if one could? This thread has deteriorated to such fanasty! Yeah, I'll just buy another place, in another state, call for weather, the scenery and the other for my firearms needs and then move!

My gosh, that's really easier said than done and  really not feasible. My gosh Rick, that you agreed to that fantasy!

This thread has turned into how EASY it is to move to another state and THAT Is a fantasy! Glad all you guys did it and you guys who don't live here that could easily do it if you didn't live here.

Geez, the conceptus is it's so easy. Sorry, but  all you guys are really are dreaming. I'm sure most of you will say you own your property outright but I REALLY DO!

Thank you all for your responses but my thread really has grown to and continues to grow to I where should move out of Calif. and that it's really easy to do. Thanks for your opinions.

Ouch....

I have worked, saved, invested etc...  all the usual  stuff, many others here have as well I'm sure.  I have owned homes in California (Ojai Valley) and Hawaii (Pahoa) at the same time.  Sold some and made money, sold others and did not.  I never had kids (never wanted them) and have had good health and a couple bad wives (there goes some more money  ;))

The home I live in now is in a gated community, on a golf course (my back yard, no I don't play golf but we are at the foothill of a small mountain range and the view is great!) North of Phoenix AZ (its paid for) I now have a great wife (I kissed a some bad ones first  ::))  and at 57 still feel pretty darn good.

I have always worked hard to get what I have and am trying to spend some time enjoying my wife and myself.  Arizona is inexpensive to live, I have family and my wife's family are here. I like it in the winter but dislike the summers.  Can I afford a home in CA & AZ?   No, not any more.  I am not in the industry I was at that time, making that kind of money.  But, I really like what I do now, it has always been a goal to do leather work full time.

Obviously I buy whatever guns I like because of the AZ address (it is my only residence) but like to spend as many days in CA during the summer as I can.

My trips to CA now are for me to get my beach fix (I grew up in Ventura) in my home town & visit relatives there.  We stay in a pet friendly hotel and have a good time.  My wife is not from CA so we go to Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo & Santa Ynez sight seeing, she loves it and so do I.

A goal for next summer is to have a "Toy Hauler" travel trailer to skip the hotel scene and stay at R.V. parks while going to some of the CA Gun Shows selling holsters (again, working  :o) take a few extra days for sight seeing before or after a Gun Show for ourselves.  Then, back to Phoenix to build Holster stock.  If I mix working & travel then I can have the best of both states when I like.  Anyway... when you make it happen, its a goal.... when you don't, thats a fantasy.

Really didn't mean an "ouch" Rick. I too have worked hard and that's how I got to pay this place off in cash free and clear. Even though it's in Calif., and gun rights are a shamble, I love where I live.

gebe

Quote from: Surculus on January-03-18 22:01
I e-mailed NAA about a possible ETA on the 4 inchers and Jessica said it'll probably be 6 months. So the wait is on.

AWESOME! Let NAA get all the production bugs sorted out on other people's Rangers so that by the time they get the pipeline filled and get around to putting out the 4" model production will be running as slick as greased owl snot and not a QC hiccup can be found between Provo UT & Low-cal So.Cal. [where the $ is plastic & the people are too!]

I won't be living behind the Granola Curtain forever, but until I can escape [7 years from today, roughly] I'll be more than happy to expend some of my modest stockpile of 22lr & wmr through a Ranger with a loooong nose! ;)

Finally, and why I started this thread! Another Californian weighing in and waiting and wanting a "long nose". Love that term! Good thinking as by the time the "long noses" get here, all the bugs if any, should be long ironed out.

RangerJim

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-04-18 16:01
Not much, BB.  Just a little Everclear ... with a Thunderbird chaser!   ;)

Bigbird48

That would explain why you don't remember me taking the picture ::)

Quote from: RangerJim on January-04-18 19:01
Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-04-18 16:01
Not much, BB.  Just a little Everclear ... with a Thunderbird chaser!   ;)

RangerJim

Quote from: Bigbird48 on January-04-18 20:01
That would explain why you don't remember me taking the picture ::)

Canoeal

Quote from: gebe on January-04-18 18:01
Quote from: Surculus on January-03-18 22:01

Finally, and why I started this thread! Another Californian weighing in and waiting and wanting a "long nose". Love that term! Good thinking as by the time the "long noses" get here, all the bugs if any, should be long ironed out.

And your ammo gone...

gebe

And your ammo gone...
[/quote]

Nope! Went into my closest Walmart in Yreka, Ca, yesterday, (1-4). No notices, nothing. Ammo stocks were full. Asked the clerk if I could purchase and he said no problem. I asked about the new law in effect on Jan.1st and he said store policies haven't changed. Bought some ammo and left.