Selling Ranger II or Refunding?

Started by rooftopkorean, March-06-18 09:03

Previous topic - Next topic

rooftopkorean

Hi all,

Long time no see.

I received a shipping label to return to NAA for repairs on my Ranger II. I don't know if any of you recall but I had a very unpleasant experience while shooting my EB Ranger II. It caused some minor injuries from a round exploding from the back where the hammer hits the cartridge.

I am about to send in the Ranger to get repaired but I was wondering if I should just get a refund or sell it on gunbroker where some guns have been sold for $1000+

Any thoughts?

Rigemortis

Repair it before you sell it. So your not selling a dangerous gun. Or refund it. If it were me I'd go for a repair. It also make them aware of your injury and send them a copy of your doctor bill if you have one so they know how serious it was. I would bet good money your gun will run perfect. With a phone call they probly won't even charge you shipping. Maybe even a shipping  label to cover all the cost.

rooftopkorean

Quote from: Rigemortis on March-06-18 09:03
Repair it before you sell it. So your not selling a dangerous gun. Or refund it. If it were me I'd go for a repair. It also make them aware of your injury and send them a copy of your doctor bill if you have one so they know how serious it was. I would bet good money your gun will run perfect. With a phone call they probly won't even charge you shipping. Maybe even a shipping  label to cover all the cost.

I would never ever sell a gun that was dangerous to shoot or had injured me in some way. I just want to know if there are lots of people buying a NAA Ranger II EB for more than $1000 so that I can turn a profit. It was not serious enough for a doctors visit but it did bleed.

redhawk4

I still recall those gruesome pictures :)

I'd send it for repair, then you have the option to either sell it on GB, or still return for a refund if not satisfied. If you really don't want it then try it on Gunbroker, you may be lucky and make a profit, if that doesn't work out you know you still have a full price refund from NAA as a backup - really a no lose situation.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

ds10speed

Are you sure it was the gun?

Two weeks ago at our local bowling pin match and I was running the timer for my friend and he had a round blow out from the back. It startled me with powder in my face. It was in his S&W 617 that has no problems, it was determined to be a defective round, the rim split.

rooftopkorean

Quote from: ds10speed on March-06-18 09:03

Two weeks ago at our local bowling pin match and I was running the timer for my friend and he had a round blow out from the back. It startled me with powder in my face. It was in his S&W 617 that has no problems, it was determined to be a defective round, the rim split.

Not 100% sure it was just the gun. The reason why I believe it was is because after the round exploded the latch on the top was open which might have caused pressure to leave through the back? I tried different ammo and there were multiple Failure to Fire etc.

rooftopkorean

Quote from: redhawk4 on March-06-18 09:03
I still recall those gruesome pictures :)

I'd send it for repair, then you have the option to either sell it on GB, or still return for a refund if not satisfied. If you really don't want it then try it on Gunbroker, you may be lucky and make a profit, if that doesn't work out you know you still have a full price refund from NAA as a backup - really a no lose situation.

I do really appreciate their customer service, I honestly did not think they would offer a FULL refund. I was frustrated with the issues that my Ranger II gun had but I also understand how difficult it is to create a break top and all the problems it comes with. I think I will refund it, I just do not feel confident in test firing it after it is repaired. The incident hurt!

I will probably pick up a PUG, BW, or Sidewinder to replace the Ranger.

On a brighter note, I just picked up my Guardian 380 and that thing is perfect. Probably going to be my main carry.

ds10speed

Quote from: rooftopkorean on March-06-18 09:03
Quote from: ds10speed on March-06-18 09:03

Not 100% sure it was just the gun. The reason why I believe it was is because after the round exploded the latch on the top was open which might have caused pressure to leave through the back? I tried different ammo and there were multiple Failure to Fire etc.

I suppose that could have been the reason but the pressure from the spit rim (which is very high) could have forced the latch open.

I just asked my friend what ammo he had blow out and he said Remington.

I just did a web search on .22 rim blow outs and find it is not uncommon.

Here is a rather long video of a rim blow out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6snbrxCNZyE

Ruger

Yeah . . Long Video is right . . .but what one wants to see is at ~4:18.  Can't say I think much about his technique of operating his firearm.  He would be one I would stand as far from as I could, if I even thought standing at the firing line was a good idea.
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

RogueTS1

QuoteI just picked up my Guardian 380 and that thing is perfect. Probably going to be my main carry.

You will find it a very nice .380 pistol.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.