at some point they will sell them with  

both cylinders. That would suck me in

for sure.

I have to say, they sure look good. In

fact I am hooked but I want both  

cylinders so I will wait and hope.

It worked for the Earl.

redhawk4

Very easy to remove, just break her open and then push in the checkered button on the side of the underlug and off she comes. Quicker than getting the cylinder off/out of a normal mini IMO. The front end of the cylinder has a small diameter ring with a lip on it that the catch hooks behind.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

redhawk4

Sorry for the poor close up picture, but you get the idea.

45flint

It would be very easy to replace but I am sure will not be cheap.

coinchop

Redhawk>

Thanks. That makes the future look

good for BT's with both cylinders.

redhawk4

2 cylinders would be nice but I'm not sure I'd really use the LR one if I had it. If there's ever a retrofit deal I guess I'd still be tempted to go for it depending on cost.

Price wise, the cylinder would have to include the ejector as well so as 45 flint says it won't be cheap IMO.

45flint

If they come out with a 22lr cylinder it would be hard not to complete the set.  But I like Redhawk wonder if I would use it.  I have an Earl with a 4 inch barrel that loves the 22LR cylinder and is very accurate with it.  The BT with its shorter barrel will be my NAA carry gun, its not going to be the plicker the Earl can be with the shorter barrel.

45flint

I am sure they are looking at having to get the cost down to be successfull.  A two cylinder in the current cost structure would really put the price into a place not many would go.

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

45flint

I probably would to!

coinchop

The mag. cylinders for my Pug, Earl,and Black

Widow don't get used much. I almost always

shoot 22LR when I go out shooting. If the NAA

guns that I have only had Mag. cylinders they

wouldn't get shot much. In fact if it wasn't

for 22LR cylinders I would probably only

own the Pug in the Mag. frame. I live where  

I can shoot a lot, and I do. I can drive out  

of town whenever I feel like it with a box of

shells and a mini, shoot them up and go home

happy. Round trip, maybe 6 miles. Works for me.

redhawk4

I'm starting to think this is why 22 mag ammo is relatively so expensive - because no one shoots it in there minis if you all started using it in large volumes the price would come down for those of us who only have a Mag.

I was in Cabelas yesterday and they had a 45 grain CCI 22 mag round with a very different looking label from their usual stuff, it said "not for use in revolvers" anyone know why?

cedarview kid

Maybe the cap-side head is bigger? I dunno. I've never seen that disclaimer.

redhawk4

I found the answer at Midway USA, it's 22 WRF, so not 22 Mag and it's to do with the bore size on revolvers chambered for 22 WRF.  

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=126619">http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=126619

cedarview kid

I thought .22WRF WAS .22Magnum? Is there is a difference? If there is, aren't they close enough to be interchangeable?

redhawk4

We'll have to wait for someone more knowledgeable to chip in.

lewiss

.22 Magnum is .22 Winchester Magnum Rimfire, or .22 WMR. The .22 Winchester Rimfire, also known as .22 WRF, is the same as the .22 Remington Special (except for bullet shape).  

Here are the specs for .22 WRF:

Bullet diameter .224 in (5.7 mm)  

Neck diameter .242 in (6.1 mm)  

Base diameter .243 in (6.2 mm)  

Rim diameter .295 in (7.5 mm)  

Case length 0.96 in (24 mm)  

Overall length 1.17 in (30 mm)  

And the specs for .22 WMR:

Bullet diameter .224 in (5.7 mm)  

Neck diameter .240 in (6.1 mm)  

Base diameter .241 in (6.1 mm)  

Rim diameter .291 in (7.4 mm)  

Rim thickness .046 in (1.2 mm)  

Case length 1.052 in (26.7 mm)  

Overall length 1.35 in (34 mm)  

Could the larger rim diameter in the .22 WRF over the .22 WMR be the issue in revolvers with countersunk cylinders?

Uncle_Lee

Never mind

Trying to read & write and wifie yelling at me to stir the soup. Makeing too many mistakes.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

sirbarkalot

I have used WRF with no problems in my WRM guns other than NAA minis.  For some reason NAA minis don't like it.  It is supposed to be interchangable...............

redhawk4

Uncle Lee, no Break Top and now in trouble with your other half - it's just not your day - hope the soups good

Regarding 22 WRF I feel better others are confused, a little at least, I felt kind of dumb for almost buying the ammo. If it hadn't said not for revolvers on it I would have, not realising it wasn't straight 22 mag. At least I have the excuse of being a dumb foreigner I never realised there was such a round - we live and learn.

silvershooter

"# This is not for revolvers. Most 22 WRF revolvers have undersized bores that cannot use a jacketed bullet."

If you read the midway link carefully, it says not for use in WRF revolvers.... should be fine to use in WMR revolvers. (many WMR rounds ARE jacketed--JHP)

I've heard of people using the slightly less powerful WRF in order to minimize damaging the meat of their hunted game.  

I haven't tried it myself.

thanks Lewiss for posting the specifics

bobt

I have used the 22 WRF in my mini mag. At 15 feet they shot to the same POI as my 22 Winchester magnums and my 22 maxi mags. I didn't have any problem chambering the cartridges or extracting the casings. If Santa brings me a chronograph I'll run the velocities and report on them.  

As an aside the 22WRF was the parent cartridge to the 22WMR. Per Wikipedia.

redhawk4

Bobt, I'd like to know the velocities, I have a theory about it you may answer for me.

sirbarkalot

Could it be that the early and original 22 WRF revolvers used 22 lr barrels that would be slightly undersize, and it was not an issue due to the all lead bullets in the original 22 WRF rounds?  Now they are making a jacketed round and there is a concern for those older, soft steel barrels with the jacketed bullets that are oversize to boot?

Barky

bobt

Redhawk4, I'll start writting my letter to Santa tonight.

mayvik

I'm not holding my breath on the LR cylinder.  I'll probably get the conversion if it's offered, but for me WMR is not really THAT expensive...$10/50 isn't that awful out of a single action revolver and I don't plan on putting tens of thousands of rounds through my TB anyway.  A few boxes for familiarity and practice, but it's primarily a carry gun.  Then again, my other calibers are not necessarily cheap or easy to find (7x57/6.5x55 Mauser, .577/450 MH, etc) so maybe I'm jaded on what people expect to pay for ammo.

redhawk4

Bobt, I hope you're being good, it's too late for me after 50 years of being bad I'm too old to change and one of us needs a Chrono so I'm relying on you to get the info I want