Front sights filed down

Started by caryg, July-22-18 09:07

Previous topic - Next topic

caryg

Wondering if anyone has filed the front sights completely down on their mini's ?

OLD and GRUMPY

Did mine most of the way. Much better.  The giant shark fin just gets in the way.  Don't think taking it all the way down would  be any better.

Just round off the sharp edges when you file it so it won't snag on clothing.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

bill_deshivs

WHY??
Nice Model 6, BTW.

OLD and GRUMPY

Close in the fin blocked the bulls eye.  Just didn't feel right. All this was before I figured out I can't hit JACK with it anyway.

Mod 6 was my Grandpas.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

caryg

I like the front sight removed completely. It has a nice smooth appearance and the sight doesn't help me at all anyway. [img]

miker

Made mine more of a ramp.

Clynch

i have the blade front unaltered.  I'm still getting used to it.  The large blade helps me get on target'  Might just be me.  When I aim, point of impact is the base of the blade.  Were I to file it away completely a tiny nub is all I'd need to be on target.  I'll refrain from any filing for now.  I might possibly apply a couple dots of nail polish to mimic rear sights by the hammer.  I tend to be off target to the right. 
Regards,
Charlie

OLD and GRUMPY

I might get out the file.   AT BEST   Mini is a belly gun.

Death before Decaf !!!!!

OLD and GRUMPY

Quote from: caryg on July-24-18 14:07
I like the front sight removed completely. It has a nice smooth appearance and the sight doesn't help me at all anyway. [img]

Mouse and Mouse gun. Good pic!  FYI---  We like pics!!
Death before Decaf !!!!!

caryg

OK, 1 more  ;)

caryg

Just 1 more. ::)

Honky Tonk Man

Get one more in quick caryg.  I don't think the moderator works on the weekends. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

caryg

The weekends or weekdays? ;D Some post sure take awhile to be approved.

Honky Tonk Man

I could never get one approved from Friday afternoon until Monday or Tuesday.  Congrats!  You did it!  15 posts and now you're a gun fumbler! 

Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

OLD and GRUMPY

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on July-27-18 11:07
Get one more in quick caryg.  I don't think the moderator works on the weekends.

What is a Moderator? ;D

For the new guys---------

When you past 15 and you have not been a A** they give you a lot of slack. Don't be a "Richard" and it becomes self regulating. We have a lot of FREEDOM  on this blog that you won't have on others. RESPECT IT.  Ask the high post count guys how we handle "Richards".

Moderators are the last line of defense.
--------------
After Lee has his first cup of coffee  he might have a word.   Unc is sort of our Yoda.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

OLD and GRUMPY

Death before Decaf !!!!!

Mr.Mini

I Love the pics! I've been considering doing the same. Mainly for aesthetics. Does anyone know if that would void the warranty?

caryg

Just one question, How long do you have to wait for your pictures to be approved? My images are sill waiting to be approved. :-\