Who else owns a Seecamp

Started by holiday009, February-10-19 07:02

Previous topic - Next topic

holiday009

I have a 380 and a 32

I've put less than 50 rounds through the 380, it functions fine.

The 32 on the other hand has been dreadful, I purchased it used,  and it had to go back to the factory for a complete rebuild for the slide flying off every few rounds.

After receiving it back, after 30 some more rounds the hammer strut has broken, this has been the worse pistol I've ever owned.

The older guns may have been top notch, the newer guns not so much.
NAA Riverboat Gambler Owner.

RevCov

I have owned 4 - 3 Milford (original) production and 1 Southwick (new owners). Milford guns have been flawless. Southwick wouldn't cycle a full mag at the range and went back (at my cost to the new owners) and after it came back I sold it. Sticking with Milford guns (my current one) and NAA minis for now.

It is a shame that there has been so much drama around the Southwick guns as Milfords were almost always good to go.

bearcatter

Who needs a Seecamp when there are NAA's Guardians?

I did consider Seecamp when I got my 32, but the Guardian design is a definite upgrade.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

RogueTS1

Yeah! What Bearcatter said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

holiday009

Quote from: RevCov on February-13-19 09:02
I have owned 4 - 3 Milford (original) production and 1 Southwick (new owners). Milford guns have been flawless. Southwick wouldn't cycle a full mag at the range and went back (at my cost to the new owners) and after it came back I sold it. Sticking with Milford guns (my current one) and NAA minis for now.

It is a shame that there has been so much drama around the Southwick guns as Milfords were almost always good to go.

Agreed.

The Southwick guns just aren't the same.

pietro

Quote from: bearcatter on February-13-19 10:02

Who needs a Seecamp when there are NAA's Guardians?

I did consider Seecamp when I got my 32, but the Guardian design is a definite upgrade.

FWIW - Different strokes for different folks......

To wit:  I wanted a small CF pocket pistol, and due to my personal ergonomics & personal preferences, I ended up buying/trying several different makes before settling on the one I shot & CCW'd for over 10 years.

IMO:

Although the Seecamp's quality was self-evident, it was too small for both my tastes and getting an urgent/fast first shot on target.

The Guardian, also of decent quality, was too blocky/heavy for what I wanted.

The Beretta Tomcat had good quality - but I didn't like it as much as my .22LR Model 21a.

OTOH, the Kel-Tec P-32 fit all my parameters - so I kept it for the nonce.

I gave the P-32 to my oldest Grandson, when he wanted a CCW - and bought a pristine .380 Browning Model 1955 (I wuz older & wiser), which I've been using ever since.

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

holiday009

autofull

i have an original 25acp model that i ordered back in like 83 or 84. piece of crap. it was back three times and has never been reliable but it is now a collector firearm so it stays. i never had a hiccup with my naa 32. i know im doing my part when i fire the seecamp with the correct ammo though. she just lets me down everytime.

heyjoe

Quote from: autofull on February-18-19 10:02
i have an original 25acp model that i ordered back in like 83 or 84. piece of crap. it was back three times and has never been reliable but it is now a collector firearm so it stays. i never had a hiccup with my naa 32. i know im doing my part when i fire the seecamp with the correct ammo though. she just lets me down everytime.

thats very unusual....the original Seecamp 25's usually work like clockwork and are not ammo picky at all.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

autofull

yes, thats what i read also but mine is a jam-o-matic. i repaired weapons for 40yrs and i feel the frame is out of spec but i do not care anymore as it is a collectors item now. seecamp was very good about the returns but never offered to replace it. oh well. cute to look at anyway.

top dog

When Seecamp first started out,they were based in CT and pretty much had a "cult" following right from the beginning.  They always seemed to be difficult,if not impossible,to obtain.

I see that they are now located in MA but I never hear much about them. I don't know if they are still on the market or not.

Top Dog

autofull

yeah, i agree because i love mouse guns. his son is still producing them, one at a time. the 380 one is hot now.

Gog

The son sold Seecamp. New owners are trying I guess but they obviously don't trust themselves yet as the warranty is a year now instead of lifetime and they make you pay shipping both ways. I bought a .32 a couple years ago because I could never find a Guardian local to "feel one". I like it and it's been reliable for me. It's just heavy but it is an amazing tiny gun. I bought a Keltec .32 and really like that one too and feel it's very reliable and it's so light, you do forget it's there.

bearcatter

Quote from: Gog on February-21-19 10:02
I could never find a Guardian local to "feel one".........

The only Guardian I've ever seen or touched is mine. I bought it sight unseen through Gallery Of Guns. I've kept a "Stock Watch" notification on it, and since I bought it ten months ago (showed three in stock), they've only had four more come in stock, once. I think they've had five of the 380s in that time. I've never seen one at any local gun dealers. Makes me wonder what NAA's annual Guardian production is? I've tried to find out, and can't even get a ballpark number from them. From all indications, it seems to be in the dozens........
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

RevCov

I've had Seecamps from both the original production in Milford and 1 from the new owners. No issues with the original "Milford" guns but shipped back my new production one and it was fixed and ran fine. If you look at the Seecamp forum you'll see there have been some issues with the new Southwick guns but seems to be getting better. If you're set on a Seecamp get a Milford or just be sure and test out your Southwick produced gun.

BTW - I've run 2 incredible Keltec P32's that aren't the prettiest guns but are excellent and reliable shooters.

Gog

I've got a Seecamp .32 (newer style). I like it. Works fine for me. Very, very small but heavy.
I also have a Keltec .32 and I like it (and trust it) way better. So light, it is fugly but I like it!

autofull

top dog

I just clicked onto the Kel-Tek website and saw that the P-32 weighs in at just 7 oz!!!

One of my partners at work had one of the first 9mm Kel-Teks. That thing digested everything and after many rounds still was going strong.

Ugly? Yep,but darn good.  I am thinking about getting one of the 32s.

Top Dog

bearcatter

Quote from: top dog on February-22-19 07:02
I just clicked onto the Kel-Tek website and saw that the P-32 weighs in at just 7 oz!!!
                                                                                  Top Dog

The Guardian 32 weighs just 13, and it's all stainless steel, no plastic (except the grips and magazine bases). I just can't do a plastic gun.

Somehow, to me it seems blasphemy to discuss the Guardian's competition on a NAA forum.........

top dog

Bearcatter,
Ooops,sorry.  I was just making a comparison for the sake of discussion.

Won't happen again.  Point well taken.

Top Dog

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: top dog on February-24-19 06:02
Bearcatter,
Ooops,sorry.  I was just making a comparison for the sake of discussion.

Won't happen again.  Point well taken.

Top Dog

Its going to be pretty dang dull around here if you someone limit what we talk about.
I love my NAA arms but I also love other guns. We can't just talk about NAA products.
This is where you post about "other guns". If you can't post about Kel-Tec here, then where do you post it??

Some people don't like plastic guns, others do. Most of the time I carry a Kel-Tec P3-AT along with my minis.

Other little guns....

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

glenn

Funny how the ways of the "Left" ooze out of some people ... aint it .
Always a select few among us ... that try to tell us what we can say ..... or talk about.
Notice how it's always that same few.

Proud Untermenschen of the NWO

PaducahMichael

OK - so - let me say this about Seecamp and then I'll mosey on down the trail. They have very specific ammo requirements. So specific that a little gauge was made to go on your key ring to check ammo for a fit without having to attempt to chamber it. I have one of those that I just found in my desk. I don't need it anymore so if one of y'all can use it I'll send it to you free of charge - just don't want it to go to waste. PM me with your address, first come, first served.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

Canoeal

Quote from: bearcatter on February-22-19 09:02
Quote from: top dog on February-22-19 07:02
                                                                                  Top Dog

The Guardian 32 weighs just 13, and it's all stainless steel, no plastic (except the grips and magazine bases). I just can't do a plastic gun.

Somehow, to me it seems blasphemy to discuss the Guardian's competition on a NAA forum.........

Then why have section called other guns, If not to talk about other guns? Get real.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

RogueTS1

I still like second row from the bottom, far right pistola Uncle Lee.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

bearcatter

Quote from: Canoeal on February-24-19 19:02
Quote from: bearcatter on February-22-19 09:02

Then why have section called other guns, If not to talk about other guns? Get real.

Just a meant to be humorous comment in support of NAA. They do pay the bill for this forum, and make the finest .32 of them all; maybe .380 too .... 8)

top dog

OK,now that it is safe for me to come out and play,I also like the Ruger LCP/380.

I have one of the first ones and never had any issues with it.

I still think that the NAA Guardian/32acp is pretty much the flagship of their line though.

Top Dog

bearcatter

I've done the Ruger "Tell the CEO" and suggested they make a .32 ACP LCP. The .380 is reported to be pretty snappy, so I think the .32 would sell. I feel on that size gun, .32 is best, but the gun companies think they have to cater to the bigger is better crowd. A PPK size pistol is better for .380.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: RogueTS1 on February-25-19 09:02
I still like second row from the bottom, far right pistola Uncle Lee.
Bauer 25
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

top dog

Uncle Lee,
That Bauer is right up there with the Colt 25acp as being a classic.

Top Dog

RogueTS1

Copy/continuation of the Baby Browning 6.35mm and that is why I love it so much. I do love small 6.35mm's.

PS: The LCP is a great little pistol. It needs some customizing to make it so but once done and done properly it really shines. No snappiness either. The only reason it feels so snappy is because the grips have nothing to hold onto and it is the thinnest auto pistol I have ever seen. Needs some rubber beaver tail grip work, SS guide rod, custom trigger and Pearce extended mag base plates as well as the laser.

bearcatter

For those who don't know, Precision Small Arms in Aspen, CO still manufactures the Baby Browning, under license from FN, since 1983. They have a lot of finish and grip options, plus custom features. Not inexpensive; prices range from $750 standard blued, $850 stainless, on up to $6000. Their operation is something like NAA's, high quality and dedication to a small niche. They offer repair, refinishing and parts for their Babys and for Brownings. Accessories, holsters, presentation cases, etc. too. Even threaded barrels.

https://www.precisionsmallarms.com/

Color catalog :

http://online.fliphtml5.com/zgyu/nebb/#p=1

blue_heron

I've owned a Seecamp in 32 acp for approximately 3 years. I had a Guardian in 32 acp and sold to my Uncle. I bought the Seecamp for its small size. I used Eezox dry lube for the Seecamp and for my Pug. I haven't had any problems with my Seecamp using any of the recommended ammo or with my spare mags.

grayelky

I have the Seecamp 32. Could have gotten the 380, but for my $.02 worth, the 32 is a lot easier to shoot and just as good for defense as the 380, only a little less recoil. I have no issues with my Seecamp 32. I would dearly love to keep the SS slide and get a polymer lower. It would then be the ultimate carry gun for emergencies. As it stands, I don't carry it much due to its weight. MY KelTec 32 is a lot easier to carry and almost as easy to shoot. I don't know how many years I have had the Seecamp, but I do know it is not one of the newer ones.

Just don't try to sell a 32 to the public if there is a 380 on the shelf. They know for a fact bigger is better.  Yeah, right.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

RogueTS1

Quote from: bearcatter on February-28-19 09:02
For those who don't know, Precision Small Arms in Aspen, CO still manufactures the Baby Browning, under license from FN, since 1983. They have a lot of finish and grip options, plus custom features. Not inexpensive; prices range from $750 standard blued, $850 stainless, on up to $6000. Their operation is something like NAA's, high quality and dedication to a small niche. They offer repair, refinishing and parts for their Babys and for Brownings. Accessories, holsters, presentation cases, etc. too. Even threaded barrels.

https://www.precisionsmallarms.com/

Color catalog :

http://online.fliphtml5.com/zgyu/nebb/#p=1

Yes Bearcatter; great place folks and great product line. All very well made.