Ruger LCP Pocket Holster with Viridian Laser

Started by m82a1pa, October-24-20 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

m82a1pa

I'm looking for a good leather pocket holster for my Ruger LCP gun.  It has the Viridian R5 magnet activated laser.

A Google search turned up nothing useful.

smokeless joe

Rick @ desert gun leather may be able to accommodate. I heard he was doing an lcp holster recently. Not sure how much effort it would be to accommodate for the laser but we'll let the experts weigh in on that.

RogueTS1

Here is one: not the greatest shot of the holster but it could be used by Rick to re-produce for you.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

m82a1pa

Thanks, folks.  I'll email Rick.  I like his holsters anyway!

m82a1pa

Rick doesn't currently have one.  I found one that'll work on Viridian's 3rd party holster links.  No nice leather ones to be found.  This one is Kydex but will have to do until I can find a leather one.  I did get a new holster from Rick for my inbound 1 1/8" Antivenom.

RogueTS1

Quote from: m82a1 on October-28-20 15:10
Rick doesn't currently have one.  I found one that'll work on Viridian's 3rd party holster links.  No nice leather ones to be found.  This one is Kydex but will have to do until I can find a leather one.  I did get a new holster from Rick for my inbound 1 1/8" Antivenom.

The one pictured above is from FIST out of New York. Great holster, if Rick cannot provide one to you.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Rick_Jorgenson

I have looked at the website regarding the new "magnetic" functioning laser's

The magnet is "embedded" in the Holster to switch the laser on/off so placement is key for functioning correctly. Without having one "in hand" I'm not sure of the magnet placement/location and I'm not willing to buy one at this point, laser Holsters are a small percentage of requests and the "magnet" Holster requests have totaled 1 as of 11-20.

So, until this technology becomes more of a standard I'm stepping back and watching at this time. I dabble a little in making a Holster for laser's here and there if I think the Holster will allow the laser to function properly.

The company has a "kit" to install a magnet in "any Holster" I think it was $14 or $15

After some research I did find small magnets that are small enough to put between layers of leather so if the time comes that I need to do this type of Holster it is possible to order different strength magnets for R & D

Quote from: smokeless joe on October-24-20 08:10
Rick @ desert gun leather may be able to accommodate. I heard he was doing an lcp holster recently. Not sure how much effort it would be to accommodate for the laser but we'll let the experts weigh in on that.
Thanks for the recommendation Smokeless!  :)

Quote from: m82a1 on October-28-20 15:10
I'm glad I had something that would work for you! We would all like to see a photo of that gun in the Holster when you get it! Thanks!
Rick Jorgenson

m82a1pa

Got it today and am well pleased with it.  Black Kydex basketweave with magnet (square bump on the right holster side).  It fits the pistol like a glove  and is easy to pull from the pocket.  Kind of neat to see the laser light up.

barrytheprof

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on November-11-20 08:11
I have looked at the website regarding the new "magnetic" functioning laser's

The magnet is "embedded" in the Holster to switch the laser on/off so placement is key for functioning correctly. Without having one "in hand" I'm not sure of the magnet placement/location and I'm not willing to buy one at this point, laser Holsters are a small percentage of requests and the "magnet" Holster requests have totaled 1 as of 11-20.

So, until this technology becomes more of a standard I'm stepping back and watching at this time. I dabble a little in making a Holster for laser's here and there if I think the Holster will allow the laser to function properly.

The company has a "kit" to install a magnet in "any Holster" I think it was $14 or $15

After some research I did find small magnets that are small enough to put between layers of leather so if the time comes that I need to do this type of Holster it is possible to order different strength magnets for R & D
How will you know if it's working?

Does the light in the refrigerator really turn off when you close the door???

RogueTS1

Hey Rick; what does Desert Gun Leather have to offer similar to this but in leather? Maybe something with a thumb push?  ;)

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: RogueTS1 on November-13-20 08:11
Hey Rick; what does Desert Gun Leather have to offer similar to this but in leather? Maybe something with a thumb push?  ;)
Like in the style of the Kydex Holster pictured?  Or like the one you have?  I would need better photos of yours.

I can make most anything you can dream up if it makes sense and would be usable.
Rick Jorgenson

RogueTS1

I really prefer the one we have. New LCP under way means new holster needed to carry it around.

PS: I can get better photos for you. Thank you.