BATF lightning strikes twice!

Started by linux_author, October-19-19 08:10

Previous topic - Next topic

linux_author

hey folks... willie is one happy dude today! i thought i hit the BATF lottery last month when i got a tax stamp for my .22 suppressor in only 96 days...

well, lookee here... got another tax stamp in 89 days... now i have all my low-caliber suppressor needs covered: .22LR, .22wmr, .17hmr, .32ACP, .380ACP and 9MM:

mainstreet

linux_author

Quote from: mainstreet on October-19-19 08:10
Congratulations!

tks... i think the general consensus, according to my LGS, is that SilencerShop kiosk submissions are averaging 3 months and that background checks are speeding up...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

thom

Have you found a way to attach a suppressor to your NAA?
Arizona Citizens Defense League Life member
NRA Life  Member
GOA member

linux_author

Quote from: thom on October-20-19 18:10
Have you found a way to attach a suppressor to your NAA?

LOL! i guess NAA could make threaded versions of its Guardians, but then they wouldn't fit in your jean's pocket!

:-)

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

RogueTS1

Well done Linux. I did not state anything before but you stating you had all your small caliber can needs met now brought to mind something of mine. Several weeks ago I had the stamp come in for a .30 caliber can of mine. Upon getting it home I realized/remembered that this design has no case but instead has baffle pieces that thread together to form a can that can be measured from 7.5" at its longest length to somewhere around 3.5" - 4" at its shortest. It can therefore be used as an appropriately sized can for the 6.35mm pistols of which I have a plenty.  ;D

PS: nice looking can you have there.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

linux_author

tks, mr roguets1... i also found the best solution for me when using rimfire thru it... it involves a product i would not use on my guns, but works fine for the purpose of barrier-protection against leading and carbon

1. starting with clean internal suppressor components
2. dip a digit in a big 'ol tub of FrogLube
3. liberally swab/coat all internals and threads
4. assemble, then wipe down
5. at the range, enjoy the smell of spearmint smoke as you shoot the p**s out of some rimfire
6. at home, separate the internals and wipe down
7. immerse all internals in a small tub of warm water and Dawn dish detergent
8. scrub with a nylon brush
9. rinse with fresh water
10. dry, relube, and reassemble

i ran 250 rounds of dirty .22LR this weekend and it only took 15 minutes clean the suppressor back to factory fresh

on the other hand, 9mm and larger caliber suppressors don't need cleaning from what i was told by the Dead Air and Silencerco folks at range demos

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

RogueTS1

They do need cleaning; just not as often if one is not a clean freak with their guns as I am.  ::)

Do what you described with a pistol or rifle can after a few hours of hard training and see what comes out of that can. You will never dream of not cleaning it again.  ;D
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Pedaler

I got behind removing lead from the seven baffles in a Yankee Hill Stinger. Just finished two weeks soaking and scraping layer after layer of carbon and lead from them. Don't do like I did. Stay ahead of it and you'll be much happier.

RogueTS1

Yep; what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.  8)

It's a nightmare!  :o

linux_author

Quote from: Pedaler on October-27-19 11:10
I got behind removing lead from the seven baffles in a Yankee Hill Stinger. Just finished two weeks soaking and scraping layer after layer of carbon and lead from them. Don't do like I did. Stay ahead of it and you'll be much happier.

that Singer looks like a great can! good thing it's stainless...

finished cleaning up my Rebel SOS-22 V2 yesterday after a 200-round session on a MK III w/Pac-lite barrel... boy howdy, pistol and can were gunked up, but wiped clean...

the only thing i don't like about the Rebel is that it has stainless cap baffles pressed into aircraft aluminum, so you have to be careful about how to clean... otherwise, it's OK if properly pre-lubed...

no way i am going to invest in a soda-blaster... i like non-toxic wipe-down and nylon brush scrubs to do the work...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

Pedaler

So now that is clean I'm going to try CCI clean 40 grain subsonic blue polymer coated. Hopefully that will keep the build up to a minimum. Now if I can get to the range...