Pugs

Started by grayelky, February-14-20 16:02

Previous topic - Next topic

grayelky

Here are 2 of my 3 Pugs. The third is at home, watching over the "kennel". He is the SS w/nite site variety.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

heyjoe

the one on the right hurts my eyes....now fire engine red would be sweet
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Canoeal

Chevy Belair Pug...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Rick_Jorgenson

I just bought another Pug. 

It came with a old style plastic box/case the serial number is PG 6630  it is the older type of numbering
(looks embossed/pressed not laser) That seems like a low number for the Pug?

It looks new but sold as a used gun. A good friend of mine has been looking at my Pug when I carry it in the Driving Holster (He is a Large Bore Ruger Revolver guy) he has mentioned more than once "That NAA Gun and Holster makes sense to carry" he always makes fun of my NAA's but he wants this one with the Driving Holster  :)

So I've been sending him photos of it and torturing him  ::) lol!!

Oh, and a new way to carry another Mini  :o
Rick Jorgenson

smokeless joe

I only have one pug, but of all my minis it is by far my favorite. I have put a few sets of different grips on it but always seem to migrate back to the original rubber grips. I'll post a pic so uncle_lee has a variety of pics to look at this morning.   

Uncle_Lee

Yes, Yes, you all have made the coffee better this morning.
May all of you be blessed with a happy day.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bearcatter

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on February-14-20 22:02

Is that open carry, or open hairy ?

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

top dog

I have two of those good gadgets. In all honesty though  all the minis are super great. Another that I old in great regard is the Black Widow.

Top Dog

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: bearcatter on February-15-20 06:02

( Sorry..... This is a "Drifting Thread"... bail out now if your short tempered and only want gun spec's)  ;D

You need to watch out for us "Gray Pony Tails" lol!!

Here in AZ it's "open carry" and I'm openly hairy  ;)  and no one gives a second look at carrying a gun or sporting a pony tail  ;)

A friend was visiting from CA. to pick up an order I made for him...Belt, Cross Draw for his S & W Revolver, and 6 Shell Belt Slide.

We were going to dinner he noticed I had my Black Widow Cross Draw and Guardian "Duty Holster" on.  He said "are you wearing that to the restaurant? Can you wear that at the restaurant?" I laughed and told him to "strap on your new rig"!

Later he told me...
#1. It felt odd carrying in public and not getting strange looks
#2. It was odd that no one gave him a second look carrying a gun in public

He wants some more Holsters made and insists on picking them up  ;)  He wore his new rig around for the rest of his stay.  :D

Quote from: top dog on February-15-20 06:02
I have two of those good gadgets. In all honesty though  all the minis are super great. Another that I old in great regard is the Black Widow.

Top Dog

Top Dog, I'm with you on that  :)

I trade most of my other Mini's around as a second and third carry but.... My Black Widow is always in my Right Front Pocket
Rick Jorgenson

RogueTS1

Rick; that is because your friend is from and has lived in a non-free state for far too long. He has unfortunately come to believe the nonsense.  :'(
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

ksblazer

Great pic's guys

Pug is my preferred NAA mini for everyday concealed carry. Maybe some day I'll get one and dress it up as nice as grayelky's are.

Need to get a nice leather holster like you guys have for it. Mine is just a small cloth holster with a belt clip. But 90% of the time, it goes in my front pocket instead of on the belt.

smokeless joe

Quote from: bearcatter on February-15-20 06:02

;D

smokeless joe

Quote from: ksblazer on February-15-20 13:02
Great pic's guys

Pug is my preferred NAA mini for everyday concealed carry. Maybe some day I'll get one and dress it up as nice as grayelky's are.

Need to get a nice leather holster like you guys have for it. Mine is just a small cloth holster with a belt clip. But 90% of the time, it goes in my front pocket instead of on the belt.
Talk to Rick ksblazer. He can help you with that.

Wumbey Goomba

Hairy Carry(Cubs win,Cubs win)

grayelky

Quote from: heyjoe on February-14-20 19:02
the one on the right hurts my eyes....now fire engine red would be sweet

After you look at it for a couple of days, it grows on you!

Quote from: Canoeal on February-14-20 21:02
Chevy Belair Pug...

You know how few of today's teens would understand your reference? I almost bought a '57 that color many years ago.

Quote from: uncle_lee on February-15-20 05:02
Yes, Yes, you all have made the coffee better this morning.
May all of you be blessed with a happy day.

It's nice to be of some value to someone. Thanks!

stantheman86

I have a night sight Pug and I absolutely love it. My EDC.

I fired it today, put about 20 rounds through it. I hardly ever shoot it, I've had it for 4 years and this is probably the 3rd time I've fired it.

top dog

Stan,
May I suggest you take out that PUG more often.???

Don't want it to fade away from "neglect"!!!

Every range session,I always put a number of rounds through my PUG.

Top Dog

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: stantheman86 on March-17-20 23:03
I have a night sight Pug and I absolutely love it. My EDC.

I fired it today, put about 20 rounds through it. I hardly ever shoot it, I've had it for 4 years and this is probably the 3rd time I've fired it.
The night sights are a plus on the Pug.  My first Pug had regular sights. My second had the night sights.

I "lost" my first Pug (kind of.) A friend was visiting from Cal another state.  I had my Pug laying on the bench in the shop. When we were leaving I reached for my Pug and there were 3 hundred dollar bills there instead  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Well, I take that as an omen (of some kind) to buy a new one with the upgraded sights. 

Never did find that gun but I didn't look much further. 

That same friend that witnessed that miracle retired from the Federal Court Systems in Cal another state and moved to Texas.

He apparently has a Pug  ;), he had me build him a pocket holster that snaps on his belt. He said it gets him a lot of attention at his local morning coffee shop!

Quote from: top dog on March-18-20 08:03
Stan,

Top Dog
They do need some exercise! lol!!

I didn't choose the Pug Life...
The Pug Life chose me!

Rick Jorgenson

Rigemortis

Quote from: smokeless joe on February-15-20 04:02
I only have one pug, but of all my minis it is by far my favorite. I have put a few sets of different grips on it but always seem to migrate back to the original rubber grips. I'll post a pic so uncle_lee has a variety of pics to look at this morning.

Smokeless Joe... Is that a dessert leather holster on your belt?

smokeless joe

Quote from: Rigemortis on March-18-20 10:03
Quote from: smokeless joe on February-15-20 04:02

Smokeless Joe... Is that a dessert leather holster on your belt?
Affirmative

Uncle_Lee

That Pug setup is just plain perfect.
Every time you make something it is special.
I am putting that on my desktop.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

smokeless joe

That's a nice set up Rick. You just keep stepping up your game.

stantheman86

Quote from: top dog on March-18-20 08:03
Stan,

Top Dog

The PUG seems very stout,  I had heard the original .22 WMR Minis loosen up at the cylinder rod detent but it doesn't look like the Pug will have that problem.

grayelky

Since we are talking about Pugs, I'll rat out my older son: today, he informed me he needed a Pug with the standard front site. I started about the trip front, and he cut me off. Seems a machinist friend of his is going to mill the top to accept a mount for an optic type dot sight, and he will mount a small optic on the Pug. When (if?) it happens, I'll post pics.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: grayelky on March-18-20 20:03
Since we are talking about Pugs, I'll rat out my older son: today, he informed me he needed a Pug with the standard front site. I started about the trip front, and he cut me off. Seems a machinist friend of his is going to mill the top to accept a mount for an optic type dot sight, and he will mount a small optic on the Pug. When (if?) it happens, I'll post pics.

That one is going to need a Holster!  ;)
Rick Jorgenson

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: uncle_lee on March-18-20 12:03
That Pug setup is just plain perfect.
Every time you make something it is special.
I am putting that on my desktop.
Thank you Uncle_Lee!

"Desktop Photo!"   :) 
Rick Jorgenson