NAA Special Run (Sept)- 500 Top-Break Mini's

Started by pietro, May-17-10 10:05

Previous topic - Next topic

pietro

Posted elsewhere:

"NAA breaktop update - 500  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got through working the NRA Show and visited with NAA. I know one of their reps pretty well and he told me that there are going to be 500 run very soon and should be available around Sept. Price is not known yet, which is the reason they are doing a small run. This info is solid. "

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

chopprs

I am in for at least one mebbe two!

naabug

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

airplinker

Is this the 7- shot 32 acp break top that everyones been talking about....?

cedarview kid

Nope. This will be a five-shot .22 Magnum.

Hope NAA does an "Early Bird" program! :-)

theysayimnotme

Oh great, another one that we can't get in the People's Demokratik Republik of Kalifornia.

bwguy

What will be the advantage of the top break?  Will it speed up reloading?

lauraslookout

I am interested but price will be a factor. JIm

teacher

I am in CA and price with in reason is not an object. How do I get one?

backporch22

These member specials are going to leave  me gun poor, but I am interested.

cookieruffruff

where can we sign up ....i want one   ruffruff

theysayimnotme

You can't get one in Kalifornia unless you are a peace officer. The only way around that is to buy one from a private party. That would mean that someone who was legally able to buy one would then have to sell it to you. Of course if you set this up in advance that would amount to a straw purchase. Even if you had a second residence in a free state you couldn't bring it into Kalifornia.

Moderndayedison

And Boom......There it was!!!!
https://www.gofundme.com/Carls-Shop

robbor

"I am in CA and price with in reason is not an object. How do I get one?"  

I believe you are out of luck on getting an NAA.  The 2 choices are either a gun from the pistol list(1 1/8" M or LR std model) or a singles action revolver that meets the Ca DOJ exeption that states it must be atleast a 3" barrel and 7.5" long OAL. I know the Mini master meets the exemption and probably the earl.  I just ordered a mini master for the 3rd time trying to get one to Ca, dealers usually cant find stock or wont ship to Ca.  My girlfriend would love a Queen of hearts NAA but im sure i cant get that model here either just because the graphics probably change the model number even though it identical to the revolver on the Ca pistol list.

bill_deshivs

No one makes 500 of anything without knowing what it will cost.

If they are not ridiculous, I might get one.

Uncle_Lee

Hey Robbor,

Check this one out and see if he will ship to KA.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=169645125">http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=169645125

If the graphics are the problem, have him ship it in two different boxes. Cylinder and grips in one and the rest in the other. You wouldn't have to go through a dealer for the cylinder and grips.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

sirbarkalot

Someone above the California discussion asked about speeding up reloading:  It seems to me that it would have to unless you are quite a complete Klutz...........  

Even presuming that you still have to put the hammer on the first notch;  

1) You don't have to pull a pin out and risk dropping it on the ground or bending it.  

2) You don't have to use that pin to poke out the fired cases

3) presuming the extractor works as it should, you open it and turn it upside down with one hand and the empties fall out on the ground (for you environmentalists we will presume you will have a bucket for the brass or will go back and clean up after yourself and not leave dead turtle bodies laying about )

4) while doing 3, you are using the other hand to reach for the 5 reloads

5) drop muzzle down (remember that gravity does not exist but the "earth sucks" {an old joke from the German accented Sgt. who ran the firearms training program at the police academy when I went through and learned to shoot revolvers} so we always reload revolver cylinders toward mother earth and empty cylinders the same way)

6) push the new rounds home with a thumb and close the gun and you should be ready to go.

IT HAS TO BE FASTER!!!!!

This of course leaves room for yet another accesory line, and I presume that Sandy who is no slouch in the business department has thought of it and it is probably in the works already, and that is speed loaders and belt pouches to hold the speed loaders.

I see a miniature SKS speed loader and a neat little leather pouch to carry two or more of  them on the belt so they look like something else.....  ( I envision a 4 pack with a pouch that will look like a cell phone case mounted sideways...)

Woof!

sirbarkalot

PS:  I want at least two of them (always buy good things in pairs)

Barky

red14

''I'm a humble man, indeed, I have a lot to be humble for.''

tranquilo

Speed strips for these breaktops would also be good - more concealable.

sirbarkalot

Those are already out there.  Sandy needs sumthin new to sell to us addicts!!!  

Woof!

Barky

fgials

theysayimnotme

I believe you are all getting your hopes too high on the speed loading part. I've owned several top break revolvers & they rarely ejected the cartridges cleanly even when turned upside down.

The smaller the diameter of the cartridge & the longer it is the worse it will be. At least it is only five rounds which will make it easier than the nine round ones but the shorter barrel will give you less leverage.

The gun is cute & I probably would buy one if I could but I really don't see the practical need to reload a SHORT range revolver. If the first five rounds didn't do the job you would never have time to reload.

orion

I've had more than a few top break ejecting models and most have worked well.

A buddy of mine use to lightly coat the rds with rem.

They flew out of the cylinder.

orion

I believe you are all getting your hopes too high on the speed loading part. I've owned several top break revolvers & they rarely ejected the cartridges cleanly even when turned upside down.

The smaller the diameter of the cartridge & the longer it is the worse it will be. At least it is only five rounds which will make it easier than the nine round ones but the shorter barrel will give you less leverage.

The gun is cute & I probably would buy one if I could but I really don't see the practical need to reload a SHORT range revolver. If the first five rounds didn't do the job you would never have time to reload.

You ever been in a gunfight?

If you had I don't think you'd say that

theysayimnotme

Don't take a NAA revolver to a gunfight.

sirbarkalot

I don't TAKE it to a gun fight either.  I might have just happened to have BROUGHT the NAA along with me when one HAPPENED though.

Seiously, If I knew a gun fight was going to happen I will just stay home and won't go.  If I gotta go, my double action revolver would be the choice to go with lots of speed loaders.  (when we carried the revolvers on duty, I carried 4 speed loaders and a box off additional ammo in the car.....)

I don't consider the reloading of the mini for gunfights but for plinking sessions. I do a lot more reloading out at my little range than I would ever do for social purposes......

Barky

pietro

FWIW, There's a pic of the NAA Top-break Mini on PP.11 of the latest Dillon Blue Press gunmag.

Here's the link, just drag your mouse on the upper corner of each page to turn to the next page:

http://www.bridleandbit.net/ebooks/bluepress/bluepressapr10/apr10/object_files/main.swf">http://www.bridleandbit.net/ebooks/bluepress/bluepressapr10/apr10/object_files/main.swf

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

bud

I think Ill wait till they work the bugs out.

bwguy

The picture shows a thin bottom strap holding the whole thing together.  It looks pretty weak!  However, thanks for telling us where a picture was I was wanting to see a preview!

bwguy

This may be a design to add a trigger guard to.  It may strengthen the bottom strap and would certainly give an appearance of more substance.

naabug

sandy is there any truth too this rumor control?

shooter2

There is also talk about these revolvers at rimfirecentral.com in the rimfire pistol section. People are liking what they see (along with myself). There is also a poll started as to what they would pay for one. For myself, I was looking at getting a Pug in the future to go with my other two NAA's, but, after seeing photos, I think I'm going wait for awhile and see what happens.