Browning Black Label Pancake Holster & Dbl. Mag

Started by Rick_Jorgenson, November-17-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

I first saw one of these when a friend had an opportunity to buy one. He brought it in to have a Holster made and while it was in the shop I had some time to handle it and.... I liked it.

It is a "shrunk down" 1911 or 85% of the size of a full size 1911.  This one is a .380 and they also have a .22lr version.  There is a "Commander" size that is a 1/2" shorter and now they have versions with under barrel rails for lights and lasers.

So, while browsing Guns.com this popped up, it was in the original box, came with 4 mags, had aftermarket grips and the original's, the price was right..... you know the rest. I didn't need to be talked into buying it!  ;)

It has been lounging in the gun safe for a year.  This week, a couple of Holster orders for this gun came in for customers so while I was cutting their orders out I did an extra for myself at the same time  :)

It will need some range time this week. I have 2000 rounds of .380 in hand and 4000 more coming in on the latest ammo order so I'm not worried about running out! lol!!

Now that it's not 112 degrees outside, we can get to the range on Friday mornings for some training. I've been shooting my Kimber 1911 for that, I'll get some time with this gun after class for a few weeks and make sure it's reliable before I carry it.
(but I always have a Black Widow & Pug on me)  ;)

Rick Jorgenson

pietro

Nice find - I love my Browning .380 Model 1955

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

RogueTS1

Beautiful gun and holster you have there Rick. Big fan of 1911's here.  ;D
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Uncle_Lee

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

MR_22

Nice job, Rick!

What I need is a holster for the Browning Black Label .22LR version with an attached Osprey Micro suppressor! It's a fun combination, but the way. :)

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: pietro on November-17-20 09:11

Nice find - I love my Browning .380 Model 1955

That is a nice size for carry.  ;)
Quote from: RogueTS1 on November-17-20 19:11
Beautiful gun and holster you have there Rick. Big fan of 1911's here.  ;D
Thank you Rogue! The more I shoot my full-size 1911 the more I like it. But I only want to carry it once in a while! lol!! This one is a good compromise size and weight. I've carried it for a couple of weeks and it's not so bad  ;)
Quote from: uncle_lee on November-18-20 04:11
AAHHHHHHHH !!!!
Much better now...
Photos help get that coffee buzz going Uncle_Lee!  ;)
Quote from: MR_22 on November-22-20 09:11
Nice job, Rick!

What I need is a holster for the Browning Black Label .22LR version with an attached Osprey Micro suppressor! It's a fun combination, but the way. :)

Mr_22...
I looked that one up, it's a little different being "square" but, no trouble building a Holster for it when you're ready!  :)
Thanks!  :o Now I'm hunting up a threaded barrel for this gun! I already put the full-length stainless steel guide rod/plug kit and it works great. You might check that out if you already don't have one.

https://www.zrtacticalsolutions.com/shop/browning-full-length-guide-rod/
Rick Jorgenson

copfish

I have a Good Label in .22LR, fun to shoot!  Love the grips on yours Rick!
Retired lawdog and wildland  firefighter.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: copfish on December-10-20 08:12
I have a Good Label in .22LR, fun to shoot!  Love the grips on yours Rick!
Thanks!

They are a fun little gun! I have a friend that owns a gun shop/range, he has these in both .22 & .380 as rental guns

Apparently they "wear out" because the frame is softer than the slide. He bought them from Davidsons, so he sends the gun to them and they replace it for free.

I'm going to try to not wear mine out!

The grips came with the gun when I bought it (I also have the OEM rubber grips).

I haven't taken these off to see if it's real wood or fake. But, I do like them!
Rick Jorgenson

jennflip

4,000 rounds...4,000 rounds???  What was the cost??? Like 50.000 dollars??  And no I am not5 joking...,

bearcatter

What's the big deal? I have 2200 rounds for my Guardian 32s. $21 a box.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: jennflip on January-03-21 12:01
    4,000 rounds...4,000 rounds???  What was the cost??? Like 50.000 dollars??  And no I am not5 joking...,
One should always hoard ammo correctly...

Consistently and, year-round! lol!!

I have a "guy"  :)

We group order ammo factory direct. And no, it not like $50,000.  Its closer to $85K to $90k every 3 months

Usually, 7 to 8 pallets stacked 4 feet high

I spend about 1/2 per 1000 rounds of the retail price.
Rick Jorgenson