Ruger Wrangler Holster Build

Started by Rick_Jorgenson, July-27-21 07:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

We have been getting requests for Holsters for these since Ruger introduced them. 

At first, they were so inexpensive ($129.00 or so) that people couldn't see their way to paying $90 to $100 for a nice Holster. We did build some and are a nice Holster to have for that model.

Fast forward to 2021... The Ruger Wrangler's are now selling in the $189.00 to $270.00 (or more) so we are doing more Holsters for them.

These are a couple of examples of what we're building. 

I haven't shot mine yet but my friend said they are super accurate.

Thanks for looking!
Rick Jorgenson

Canoeal

Pics did not come through.
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: Canoeal on July-27-21 07:07
Pics did not come through.
Got it fixed Al.  Thank you!
Rick Jorgenson

KEN AR

Wow, Beautiful work on another model.  I might have to go get a Wrangler.... NO, I'll continue to enjoy my Single Sixes and let the boys at DGL do what they do.  Custom!
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

northwoodneil

Single six's and wranglers are supposed to take the same holster I think. Just sayin'
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
~John Bernard Books"
― John Wayne, The Shootist

smokeless joe

I'm digging that black and brown combo Rick. Excellent job. That's the pistol you just picked up correct?

pietro

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on July-27-21 07:07
We have been getting requests for Holsters for these since Ruger introduced them. 

At first, THE  WRANGLER'S were so inexpensive ($129.00 or so) that people couldn't see their way to paying $90 to $100 for a nice Holster. We did build some and are a nice Holster to have for that model.

Fast forward to 2021... The Ruger Wrangler's are now selling in the $189.00 to $270.00 (or more) so we are doing more Holsters for them.

I unperplexed myself, Rick... ;)

Nice work, BTW - would that holster also fit Single-Six's with the same bbl length ?

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Canoeal

Looks great as expected... ;D
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

theysayimnotme

I don't ever remember them being $129. I preordered one when they first came out, sight unseen & I think it was about $189. I was quite unhappy with the loading gate. Very stiff & sharp. Hurts to open the loading gate. I have since sold it. I wrote an Email to Ruger about the "problem" & they replied they designed it that way on purpose but gave no reason why.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: KEN AZ on July-27-21 13:07
Wow, Beautiful work on another model.  I might have to go get a Wrangler.... NO, I'll continue to enjoy my Single Sixes and let the boys at DGL do what they do.  Custom!
You might think about a Wrangler as an "offering" to those family members you give your guns to. That way you can hang on to the guns you really like! lol!
Quote from: northwoodneil on July-27-21 13:07
Single six's and wranglers are supposed to take the same holster I think. Just sayin'
I'm not sure if they are the same dimensions or not? If I get a chance to have them both in the shop at the same time I could compare the two.
Quote from: smokeless joe on July-27-21 15:07
I'm digging that black and brown combo Rick. Excellent job. That's the pistol you just picked up correct?
It's a good color combination, but almost everything looks good with black leather! (except white thread!) lol!!
Quote from: pietro on July-27-21 15:07
Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on July-27-21 07:07

At first, THE  WRANGLER'S were so inexpensive ($129.00 or so) that people couldn't see their way to paying $90 to $100 for a nice Holster. We did build some and are a nice Holster to have for that model.

I unperplexed myself, Rick... ;)

Nice work, BTW - would that holster also fit Single-Six's with the same bbl length ?

Thank you pietro!
I'm not sure if they are the same dimensions or not? If I get a chance to have them both in the shop at the same time I could compare the two.
Quote from: Canoeal on July-27-21 16:07
Looks great as expected... ;D
Thanks Al!  :)
Quote from: theysayimnotme on July-27-21 20:07
I don't ever remember them being $129. I preordered one when they first came out, sight unseen & I think it was about $189. I was quite unhappy with the loading gate. Very stiff & sharp. Hurts to open the loading gate. I have since sold it. I wrote an Email to Ruger about the "problem" & they replied they designed it that way on purpose but gave no reason why.
The $129.00 might of been LGS cost? I was offered one at that price and said "No" after they had been available for a while (like a fool, I can't believe I didn't buy a gun when offered!) lol!!

They were selling locally here in Phoenix for $140.00 to $150.00  The gun shops tried to hold out for more on the Black Cerakote models for more they had those at $200.00 then.

The one in the photo is my friend's gun that I had borrowed, he picked it up a few months after they came out and paid $135.00 for it.

I remember a thread here talking about the loading gate, that is fixed now. It's a smooth edge and easy to open.
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

That set was made for B-B-Q.
Beautiful.
The colors in that picture are breath taking.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

jstert

Quote from: theysayimnotme on July-27-21 20:07
I was quite unhappy with the loading gate. Very stiff & sharp. Hurts to open the loading gate. I have since sold it. I wrote an Email to Ruger about the "problem" & they replied they designed it that way on purpose but gave no reason why.

the stiff loading is designed that way to allow a free spinning back and forth cylinder, which is a great attribute.  mine loosened up a tad over time to be acceptable. 

the ruger wrangler is a nice platform, inexpensive but not cheapened.  there is alot of extra room in the six shot 22lr cylinder; eight 22lr would be great, or six 32 long...