Mauser 1910

Started by Uncle_Lee, May-23-22 15:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle_Lee

I got me one.
New Model, Second Variant.
Looks pretty good to me.
The stuff in the barrel is (I think) dirt, not rust. You couldn't see any lands or grooves, the barrel was full of dust and lint from laying somewhere for years and years. I ran the brush through it a couple of times so I could take a picture.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

bearcatter

That looks very good. I'd wager it spent much its life in a desk drawer (or maybe in a shoebox?)

We know you well enough to know you got a good price. Did anything come with it? Spare magazine? Some .25 ammo?

When you get it all cleaned up, we'll want an update. If you shoot it, too.

If you click on a photo, it gets a lot bigger, and the Mauser looks even better.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Uncle_Lee

I was pleased with the price and it is better than I had hoped it would be.
No, nothing came with it. Just one magazine.
I have a repo holster and 2 magazines on order.
I saw one when I was young and have always wanted one. Now I have it.
God, Country, & Flag

bearcatter

I found a nice article about the "1910" and "1914" models. It includes photos of some minty pistols, a couple of videos, and links to other articles.

https://revivaler.com/the-mauser-models-1910-and-1914-pistols/

I could read your serial, 234954. Another short article gives you a date range:
Manufactured from 1921 to 1928, serial number range 221800-345000, the most commonly found model. I'd guess that puts yours at 1922?
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport

Uncle_Lee

Thanks,
I have about 42 sites that give the history of the 1910 Mauser and all its variations.
God, Country, & Flag

bearcatter

Wow. You really did get deep into these Mausers. I wish I could find half that about Zastavas.

RogueTS1

Very nice looking specimen Uncle Lee. How did you like that funky take down procedure?  :o
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: RogueTS1 on May-26-22 11:05
Very nice looking specimen Uncle Lee. How did you like that funky take down procedure?  :o

I watched at least 30 minutes of a take down video. Over and over.
I still don't totally understand the "hold open thingy" with the magazine.
Watching the video, You just slide the slide on the frame. I find that the "hold open thingy" is too far up with the magazine out of it and the slide hits it.
Oh well, 60 more times on the video and I'll have it.
God, Country, & Flag

bearcatter

I read something about the takedown. I don't want to get involved.  . :o

Best I understood it:

You push in the square button to release the slide. The square button stays in. Once you put the slide back in place, you push the round button to release the square button. The square button pops back out and the slide is locked on again.

Terry treefish

Uncle Lee, that is one more fine looking pistol.   Congratulations.

I want another 25 ACP pistol, to mate with my Beretta.  But I just can?t wrap my head around a Phoenix arms 25 ACP. 

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Terry treefish on May-26-22 17:05
Uncle Lee, that is one more fine looking pistol.   Congratulations.

I want another 25 ACP pistol, to mate with my Beretta.  But I just can?t wrap my head around a Phoenix arms 25 ACP.

From what I have read, the Phoenix is good to look at but don't last long. 

Quote from: bearcatter on May-26-22 13:05
I read something about the takedown. I don't want to get involved.  . :o

Best I understood it:

You push in the square button to release the slide. The square button stays in. Once you put the slide back in place, you push the round button to release the square button. The square button pops back out and the slide is locked on again.

I think you are talking about the safety.
The magazine has to be put in and taken out in the steps of removing and replacing the slide.
God, Country, & Flag

Terry treefish

Uncle Lee, your Mauser 1910 would make a much better mate for my Beretta. 

Rick_Jorgenson

That is a SHARP looking pistol Uncle_Lee!

I may need to buy one to build you a Holster!  ;)

(no dummy guns available for them  :()
Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

Rick,
That would be nice.
If you see a 5" 25acp, let me know.
God, Country, & Flag

Uncle_Lee

Now I am looking for a spare magazine that I can make work in my Mauser 1910 New Model, Second Variant.
I have found one that may work for $350. It is rough looking.
They were hand fitted to each pistol.

I have tried Triple K and they don't work.

If anyone sees one or knows of one, Please let me know.
God, Country, & Flag

bearcatter

Bless your heart, and I thought $80 for a Zastava mag was bad. I'm sure you know all the places to look, and forums that might have a post of how to make Triple Ks work. How does theirs not work?

Is there a Mauser forum? It might be worth joining one just for some mag info.

RogueTS1

Uncle Lee; here is a photo of ours:
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Uncle_Lee

Yours is older than mine.
First variant I think.
I don't know what it is that draws me to these pistols.
They do fit my hand good.
God, Country, & Flag

bearcatter

Maybe it's just the solid, means business, look.

Any luck on a spare mag?

I see three on eBay, $77 for all with 5 days left. I saw that rough $375 one too. Ridiculous.

OLD and GRUMPY

Death before Decaf !!!!!

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: bearcatter on June-02-22 07:06
Maybe it's just the solid, means business, look.

Any luck on a spare mag?

I see three on eBay, $77 for all with 5 days left. I saw that rough $375 one too. Ridiculous.
I am high bidder on this one. 4 days left to go.

Quote from: OLD and GRUMPY on June-02-22 09:06
1910 parts and mags   https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/mauser/auto-pistols-mau/1910-pkt-pistol   

This is the first place I go to for parts.
They are out of originals. They do have 2 sizes of Triple K and I have wasted $150 trying them out.
God, Country, & Flag

OLD and GRUMPY

They take returns ?   They also buy junk parts and odds and ends. I am going to send a box. -------What cal is she?
Death before Decaf !!!!!

bearcatter

Uncle Lee, good luck on that bid! That's a good price for three.

I've got a box of 10/22, SP101, and LCR stuff to send to gunpartscorp (Numrich), if I ever feel like going to the PO. I hear they are not generous in what they pay, but these are useless to me now.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: OLD and GRUMPY on June-03-22 06:06
They take returns ?   They also buy junk parts and odds and ends. I am going to send a box. -------What cal is she?

I don't get out very often so I am not messing with returns. Eat the loss. After I die they will go in the yard sale for a dime each.
Quote from: bearcatter on June-03-22 09:06
Uncle Lee, good luck on that bid! That's a good price for three.

I've got a box of 10/22, SP101, and LCR stuff to send to gunpartscorp (Numrich), if I ever feel like going to the PO. I hear they are not generous in what they pay, but these are useless to me now.

I know what you mean. That is why I will just eat the loss.
God, Country, & Flag

bearcatter

I see the 3 mags are up to $105.50.  Are you 5***n or 0***9? ?

bearcatter

Oh, oh $160. 9***1 is ahead.

I saw a listing for 1910 new manufacture recoil and firing pin springs. $22 a set, or individually firing pin spring $11 and recoil spring $15.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: bearcatter on June-04-22 17:06
Oh, oh $160. 9***1 is ahead.

I saw a listing for 1910 new manufacture recoil and firing pin springs. $22 a set, or individually firing pin spring $11 and recoil spring $15.

It is up to $202 and I am in the lead.. I am going to back off now until Tuesday. The auction is over at 12:04 PM. Bummer, I have to leave at 11:00 AM to go to the doctor.
My GunBroker ID is:
Unclelee812

I use 812 because it is my area code not that I ate one.

I set up a search on GunBroker that sends me the list of parts for the Mauser 1910 that came in during the last 24 hours.
God, Country, & Flag

bearcatter

You're talking GB but the mags we're both watching are eBay, right? I'm just watching to see how you're doing! I was hoping you'd win at around $150.  . :(

I have searches on GB for Zastava stuff but there hasn't been anything. Besides the guns everything has been on eBay.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: bearcatter on June-05-22 08:06
You're talking GB but the mags we're both watching are eBay, right? I'm just watching to see how you're doing! I was hoping you'd win at around $150.  . :(

I have searches on GB for Zastava stuff but there hasn't been anything. Besides the guns everything has been on eBay.

In the last month I have made multiple buys on both eBay and GunBroker.
I got the names mixed up.
God, Country, & Flag

bearcatter

You and me in the same boat. I've done three GBs and a dozen eBays since April 6.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: bearcatter on June-05-22 10:06
You and me in the same boat. I've done three GBs and a dozen eBays since April 6.

We keep the country going.
God, Country, & Flag

bearcatter

It'll have to keep going without me. I think I'm done with online shopping for a while.

bearcatter

Mags ended at $227.50. I think you got 'em?

Uncle_Lee

Won and paid for.
Now if they (or maybe one) work, I will be a happy dude.
God, Country, & Flag

bearcatter

We're happy for you. If they look like your first one, they should all work, right?  Comes out to $76 apiece. Beats the $85 I paid for 5 Zastava mags. I had a bent follower and a dinged floor plate, easy enough to remedy.