Conversion cylinder for Super Companion and C&B Earl

Started by OLD and GRUMPY, June-23-22 14:06

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD and GRUMPY

I want to sell the cylinder only not the gun .Conversion cylinder for  Super Companion and   NAA-1860-4-CB  Earl Companion Cap & Ball .$210 shipped.  All the prices I saw over the last 6 months were stupid high.  Ebay mid to high $300s. Today on Gunbroker  $275.  I don't do the computer money thing and have been burned with checks. Would need Postal Money Order. Can ship USPS or UPS.  PM me. Then let me know on this.  Pictures are stuck in the computer in the shop.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

Rick_Jorgenson

I have a couple questions O&G...

Would the Conversion Cylinder need to be "timed" to the frame you want to use it in?

Are the Companion Frames different from the Magnum Frames? (for that size cylinder)

Could this cylinder be used in any Magnum Frame NAA? Or, will it only "work" in an Earl?
I know there are other model C&B guns NAA has made. (I've seen for sale... Earl 3", Earl 4", Magnum 1 5/8 and the Long Rifle) Why not a Pug, Black Widow? 

Is only the cylinder the "Black Powder" component?

I've never had a Companion NAA in the shop so I haven't been able to inspect all the bits and pieces. But I'm sure if one comes my way and is for sale I would buy it! lol!!

Thanks in advance, sorry there are so many questions but it might help others with info for your Conversion Cylinder sale.

Rick
Rick Jorgenson

OLD and GRUMPY

This converts C&B to fire 22LR cartridges not the other way around. This is for Super Companion (mag frame) not Companion (Long Rifle frame)and for  Earl Companion  mag frame. This cylinder is 1 1/2" long.  Only for Super Companion  and Earl. Barrel length does not matter. The firing pin on the C&B Companions is different than cartridge mini. Cartridge has the blade on the hammer. C&B has a flat face hammer that strikes the pin then pin strikes the cap/primer.  ---   The Companions have no safety notch.                                                                                                                                                  Timing-- The guy who made them years ago said each was fired in several different guns to test that. No timing issues I ever herd of. Mine was drop in. ---  This is a C&B cylinder drilled out to take cartridges with a custom firing pin over each round.Bit of a pain.  My other computer is in the shop with all the pictures of this.  Will look for a link with pics. Thanks Rick.  I like questions.                                                       
Death before Decaf !!!!!

OLD and GRUMPY

I searched for it and guess who's pics showed up on line!  These are not the best and OLD but will help.https://www.go2gbo.com/threads/conversion-cylinder-for-naa-super-companion.263201/
Death before Decaf !!!!!

OLD and GRUMPY

Death before Decaf !!!!!

Rick_Jorgenson

Thanks O&G for answering my questions!

I don't have an NAA C & B and the more I learn about them the more I want one! lol!!
Rick Jorgenson

bearcatter

If you want a BP gun, better get it before the libs jump on that, too. In most states there is no paperwork.
"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."

* Guardian .32 (2) * Zastava M70 .32 (3) * Bearcat stainless (2) * SP101 .22 * Ruger SR22 (2) * S&W M&P 15-22 Sport