The Catch .22

Started by adrnln, February-26-14 12:02

Previous topic - Next topic

adrnln

I just recieved my 50rd carrier from NAA

It's made by Marble Gun Sights, Gladstone ,Michigan. Manufactured in China.

Has ten tubes under the cap that hold (5) .22LR rounds in each. The cool thing is that the sliding cap is detented to allow only one tube at a time, to open. This is perfect for feeding a Mini.

n9znd

I was going to order one of them.   Cool looking little item.        Jim

boone123

Looks pretty neat.
Now if they just made one that held a bulk pack?

Goatpacker

Nifty!!! Would like one for mags!!! Even if it only held about 25!!!

Just ordered 3 anyway!!!

MR_22

Wow, I've never seen that before. I'll have to get some. Thanks for the pointer!

luke1

I always get a kick out of pictures of people's edc set up...just curious, do you usually carry the catch .22 holder everyday as a reload? I was thinking about picking this up myself....

luke1

p.s. I know it's a bit overkill for a reload....just thinking I need to pick up one of these stat....

Goatpacker

The best reload is another mini, or 2 for that matter. This unit will be real nice to carry different rounds in when a person goes for a "walkabout" in the woods or to just keep a couple in the truck.

As far as EDC for me? No, but they will be very close by. I do carry 3 minis ED and carry prob 50 extra rounds of various types. I know this is a lot but I spend most of my time in the woods or on the range. I have been in situations where it was several days before I could get back home and like to be prepared.

People are always amazed at all the stuff I have in my pockets.

Dinadan

Quote from: luke1 on February-28-14 19:02
I always get a kick out of pictures of people's edc set up...just curious, do you usually carry the catch .22 holder everyday as a reload? I was thinking about picking this up myself....

I like seeing folks EDC too. That carrier looks a bit much for normal carry, but it looks like it would be good for hiking or hunting where you might want to just do some shooting.

luke1

I'm thinking that these might be good for the "get home" bug out packs I've been putting together for myself and the wife along with a couple of NAA's of course. 

I just had a custom holster maker put together two military marpat camo-style kydex holsters for around the neck carry....and it'll be easier to carry more rounds on board should "stuff" hit the fan while on the road.

Strange to think of having to make bug out bags here in America, but at this point, I'd either be blind, stupid, or a democrat, to ignore what's happening to my country..

anyways, always glad to see new NAA gear....

MR_22

heck, I'm thinking about getting a couple for the range! :)

bleak_window

The Catch-22 also holds 6 Colibri or Super Colibri rounds in each section - perfect for feeding a 6-shooter.

adrnln

Quote from: luke1 on February-28-14 19:02
:)no
I mainly included my edc to show size. The catch .22 came out bigger in person than I imagined it. Thought other items might help someone out. I like to carry lite. The loaded catch .22 is heavy. Another mini would be a faster and lighter reload for edc.  ;)

MR_22

Quote from: adrnln on March-04-14 10:03
I mainly included my edc to show size. The catch .22 came out bigger in person than I imagined it. Thought other items might help someone out. I like to carry lite. The loaded catch .22 is heavy. Another mini would be a faster and lighter reload for edc.  ;)

Another mini doesn't hold 50 rounds, though... :)

Kentucky Kevin

Just pulled my small altoids tin and checked, between it and my two revolvers, I carry 25 rounds. If I'm going shooting, I stick a large tin in my back pocket. Never counted how many it holds. I also carry a variety of rounds, including some cb's in case some needs shooting quietly with a rifle. They'll manually load into all that I own and cycle through some of the actions
Jesus loves YOU all of you
"Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves."

Goatpacker

Me too Hardtackwon. The mini Altoids can holds 15 mags, a pair of ear plugs to stop rattle and a short piece of weedeater string for a makeshift cleaning rod. That with three minis I carry is thirty rounds!!! Have a large can full too with I don't know how many to walk the woods with.

JES14352

After reading post I think I'll have to get a couple myself....
STUBBORN AS A MISSOURI MULE.......