Chong Vang fan club

Started by 45flint, February-08-12 05:02

Previous topic - Next topic

45flint

Chong, you have develop a grip for NAA guns that is just in a class by itself. You may want to be more private and that is fine but I would love to know your background?  How you got interesting in NAA guns. Does your day job involved doing similar things with CNC machines. Have you developed other products?  What is actually cutting the material on a CNC machine?  And if you don't want to go there thats fine all good.  

Steve

capn

nakagawa

^I am curious myself. More specifically, what is your ethnicity? Your name is very unique.

45flint

I am nominating him for NAA new product of the year.  We will see in April whether Sandy can overshadow him.

nakagawa

^Agreed, these grips started hype even from an earlier stand point and thanks to the message board in some aspects, they are now made in the magnum frame.

45flint

I think the Magnum opens up a huge market for him. More of those carried for sure and I bet more actual made than LR frame.

2cooltoolz

I ordered a pair of the smoked black acrylic magnums last night.  45flint beat me to it, and I hate to copy, but we probably won't be going to the same parties anyway.

I have a Black Widow and a Wasp.  I actually prefer the mass and length of the BW for a real carry piece, so the grips will probably live on it.

argleargle

I'm in limbo, waiting for something new to grip so I can get grips.

nakagawa

I got a pair of the smokey acrylic too being made.

cvang

Thank you for all the positive feedback. I apologize for the delayed response. A full-time job and trying to keep up with the demand for these grips (not complaining) has occupy the majority of my time.  

A little background about myself. I'm a Project Engineer at a medical device injection molding company. My past experience expand from reverse-engineering military aircraft parts to designing furniture/cabinet products. Although I've been around CNCs all of my career, the majority of my experience is from design, engineering, product improvement, process improvement.  

My obsession is woodworking with the application technology. My second obsession is GUNS. So why not combine the 2, right? Originally, I was just looking for a better grip for my NAA22lr and during the process just tried to put as much aesthetics and functionality into the design as possible.   It is unfortunate that California gun laws are soooooo strict. I would love to be able to design products for some of the other NAA guns. The BlackWidow model is one that dream about.  

I have a more products in mind, not only just for NAA product, but for different handguns and rifles. But for now, one step at a time.

My ethnicity is Hmong. Born in Chicago, But have been "cool-gun-deprived" in California since 1 year old.

Thanks again everyone.

45flint

Thanks for the info and continued good luck with your projects.

Uncle_Lee

Chong,

I don't know if you are married or not but if you have a family, take time for them.

I love your grips and I want more but don't let them over shadow your family.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

45flint

I see him running his own company some day "Chong Innovations LTD"  The IOP will be coming out in several years. He will be watching employees make these grips which will be only a segment of his product line. Makes a fortune and in later life buys North American Arms from Sandy.  

Steve

Uncle_Lee

I can see that too.
God, Country, & Flag

gijoe

Good luck, Mr. Chong! I'm cheering for you, pilgrim!

zippovarga

Chong, you mentioned the Black Widow and not being able to own one in the great state of Californication. The grips can still be designed for the BW since it shares the same back strap frame configuration as the Magnum Minis. Just thought you might like to know that so you can move forward with the design for the BW with out being able to actually have one. If the BW grip design fits the Magnum, then it will fit the BW!!  

Keep on keepin on bro. You're filling a niche that has long been of interest to many of us collectors.

45flint

Any of you guys get your grips yet?   How did they work out?

nakagawa

Chong emailed me this past week letting me know that the controller he uses for his CNC machine is out order and had to purchase a new one that would be in his hands in one to two weeks. He apologized for the delay and asked if I wanted a refund. I told him I am more than willing to wait, so I have not received mine yet, however was fully informed as to why.

45flint

That explains why there has been such silence.  Thanks  Steve

Uncle_Lee

I have two more sets ordered.

In Lacewood this time.

I think these will go on the 3" 1860's.

I hope he gets his other wood patterns in soon.

All the 1860's will get wood pattern grips.

The black ones look really good on Chopprs' Mini Master.

Mine will probably get black grips.

Black grips on the 22's.

White grips on the 17's.

That would look cool.
God, Country, & Flag

nakagawa

I have black grips for the BW coming.

yncrogers

+1 on the black grips for the BW - my order went in right as the controller broke.

nakagawa

^ same here unfortunately.

htt

I ordered black ones two days ago and he said it would be two or three weeks before he could make them. I really like the looks of these grips.

stripey

I ordered a set of black grips for my Widow yesterday.  I need to spend my wait time polishing the revolver so it looks as good as the Chong Grips.

backporch22

I, too ordered a set of black grips.  probably put them on a sidewinder.

chopprs

Who was it that actually found and first posted these here?????

I think it was the clear ones on eBay, right?

45flint

That be me, I saw the clear ones on ebay and posted them here.

chopprs

Yes, I saw that. I think he should hook you up with a free pair!!!!!!!

45flint

It's cool to see him take it to the Magnum.  I got my smokey acrylics.  They are very cool better than the clears.

cvang

I wanted to let everyone know that my new controller for my CNC machine has arrived. Just a couple more days for installation (wiring and testing) and if all goes well, I should be cutting parts this weekend.  

That's the beauty with technology. When all is good, then it's great, but when it's bad, it's expensive. I appreciate everyone's patience with me. Thank you.

ikoiko

Thanks for the update Chong

You'll probably receive an email from me soon ordering a pair of black acrylic ones like you made for Mr C hopprs as I think those will look better on the BW and I'll put the lace wood on one of my others.

nakagawa

Good to hear, been craving the pair i ordered!

grayelky

Chopprs-

Yes, 45Flint posted the eBay link. I sent him a message telling him the grips would fit other models of the same frame, and invited him to visit the forum. He should up almost immediately.

W/O his link, I would not have known about Cvangs grips. Send the free pair to 45Flint.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

45flint

I don't need more grips, I have 12 grips and 5 guns.

Steve