Just ordered my first NAA 22 Magnum.

Started by cmsmith712001, June-30-15 18:06

Previous topic - Next topic

cmsmith712001

I just ordered my first NAA .22 Magnum from Buds.  I cannot wait to finally get it in my hand.  I have heard nothing but good things about these guns.  Do you trust yours as an everyday carry?

Uncle_Lee

I do not totally trust any handgun.
I always carry two.
Do I trust NAA?
More than most brands.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

To Old To Run

Trust the Naa's.  They're very well made and similar to carrying a pocket knife; it's there when you need it.  You could always use a bigger one, but you made do with what you had and made it work.

Welcome to the forum.  :)

top dog

CMsmith,
First welcome to the forum.
I always carry two NAAs (One PUG,the other 1 1/8"bbl mag) as I believe in what Uncle Lee says.

I find that the NAA guns are very reliable and you will not be surprised to see that one or two more might be in the near future for you.

Did you order your magnum with the spare 22lr cylinder??? Might be a good idea in the near future to have NAA install one if you did not get one with the gun.

This way you can practice a lot more at less cost.  Also keep your practice distances at real SD distances such as 8-10 feet.

When you have a chance,let us know how your new gun does on the range. And,if,in the very remote possibility something should go wrong,NAA customer service is second to none.

Top Dog

Dinadan

Cmsmith - welcome to the forum. I think you will find that your Mini is reliable. Occasionally someone posts here with a problem , usually with a new gun. I would shoot a couple of hundred rounds to get used to it, and if no failures happen, I would consider it reliable. Certainly I carry one or two Minis pretty much all the time, so I consider them reliable.

Uncle Lee has a valid point - any gun can fail at any time due to a spring breaking or bad ammo. That can happen with any gun, but I think a Mini is as reliable as any small revolver. I also like to carry two Minis, but that is not because I do not trust them.

cmsmith712001

Two days ago I picked up my first NAA mini from my local gun store and it is officially my favorite gun.  I purchased the .22 Magnum with the 1 5/8" barrel. Hopefully I will get to the range in the next few days to run a few boxes of ammo through it.

I am already planning to get another one in a few weeks.  Do you all have any recommendations for a longer barrel version that is still easy to conceal and carry?

Zennashton

I have a Black widow that I carry in a pocket easily. It's a two 2" barrel with real nice three dot sights and shoots great. I can put all five in a 3" group form 15' highly recommend it.

cwlongshot

Quote from: cmsmith712001 on June-30-15 18:06
I just ordered my first NAA .22 Magnum from Buds.  I cannot wait to finally get it in my hand.  I have heard nothing but good things about these guns.  Do you trust yours as an everyday carry?

I bought my first one back in 1989-1990...its been a DAILY companion since... TRUST, why carry or own something that you dont???  :o :o :o

CW

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: cwlongshot on July-11-15 03:07
Quote from: cmsmith712001 on June-30-15 18:06

I bought my first one back in 1989-1990...its been a DAILY companion since... TRUST, why carry or own something that you dont???  :o :o :o

CW

I don't 100% trust any piece of mechanical equipment...
That is why I carry two.
If I waited until I found a handgun that I trusted 100%, I wouldn't have one...
Why bet your life on something that WILL at some time (maybe not in your lifetime but it will) fail?
Just carry two. One to back up the one that failed.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

rattlehead

Welcome to the forum!

Do I trust my PUG as an EDC? Absolutely. These are very well built little guns and they function reliably. However, I can't say the same about rimfire ammunition. They're known to malfunction much more often than centerfire cartridges. Its for this reason that my Pug is only used as a BUG for the most part. Depending on how I'm dressed, I alternate primary carry guns between my Nighthawk Custom 1911 or one of my Glocks.... but the little NAA is always riding in my front pocket.

cmsmith712001

Until I put about 200 rounds through it, I will carry it as my backup for my .45.  I am still amazed at how solid these NAA's are built. They seem like miniaturized versions of a GP100. 

tocsn40

I voted for the one I cary the most but woul have to chang my vote for today I have a diff. One ha ha
Tocsn40

keith44

I've had my mini Magnum convertible since May of 20012.  I carry it more than any other handgun.  Sometimes it is the primary gun, due to simply always being there, mostly it is the back up or second gun depending on circumstances.  Trust, yes, as much as you can trust a mechanical device.

Sent it in for a "tune up" on 7-6-15, it was back in my hand today, 7-13-15, with all new springs and a new hand. The price of shipping, and going without for a few days is all it cost.  Great customer service backing up a great product.  It doesn't get any better than that.

bleak_window

My Black Widow is often my only carry.  Sometimes it backs up a 7-shot J-frame. 

I'd look at the 2" Black Widow and the 2.5" Sheriff for a mini with a longer barrel.  They are still concealable but much easier to shoot accurately compared to the smaller minis.

mrg

When carrying something larger isn't possible, a NAA Mini is a good choice. I have carried and trusted one many times for over twenty years. I have two that have been fired thousands of rounds, and except for the finish, are like new.