New Companion loader-- Modified front sights

Started by OLD and GRUMPY, July-08-15 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic

OLD and GRUMPY

Mini (supper Companion) and I went on another "date" today.Thanks to the "therapy" from the forum I will keep her. I am learning her moods and she is not as big of a pain in the rear! The new loader I made is a 98% improvement over the NAA one.A .22 cleaning jag ground flat them "cupped" with a Dremmel to fit the bullet nose. Mount it in a handle. Put the cylinder on a flat surface and push down. Easy! No more boogered up bullet nose. Every shot hit the target. NOW to deal with her GIANT front sight. It blocks the view.

It has been 6 months sense Auburn1975 and others showed us the work they did to modify the front sights on mini. I reread the topic she started so I know what to do.I like what she did.

My question today is how short and shape. You all have had time to live with your work. How is it working out? As for shape---Flat top? Tapered high in front or in back? Rounded? --Size, 50%? Or total grind down to nothing?  It is a short range "belly" gun.    http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?topic=5714.msg88803#msg88803

How hard is the sight? One said it was soft. Thanks for the help.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

silverback

Very interested in responses as well.

lefty dude

I too, am interested in this thread and with responses to come.

OLD and GRUMPY

Turns out the sight is soft. I worked it with the rough side of a bench stone. About 50% cut.  It helps a lot.

Sight and loader. Both are improvements.
Death before Decaf !!!!!

nastruck

I did mine with a file. I removed the cylinder wrapped the frame with a rag, mounted it in a vice and filed the sight. It is very soft medal....