Newbie form WV

Started by wvscrip, July-26-12 10:07

Previous topic - Next topic

wvscrip

Hi from WV,

Local shop had a like new 22 mag with box paper work, I'm not sure what year of manfacture but I'm happy.  I can see more in my future, this will be my new carry gun.  Looks like a great site and looking forward to talking to you all.

Joe

heyjoe

welcome aboard WVscrip! the first word of advice i would give you would be to practice putting the hammer into the safety notches and taking the cylinder out and putting it in with the gun unloaded for as long as it takes to become comfortable and proficient with doing that.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

keith44

Welcome wvscript, I'm kinda new here too.  So far I see a great bunch of folks here who like these little guns, shoot em and collect em.  Lots of info and brain power here.

Dinadan

Wvscrip - Welcome to the forum. Congrats on a good find: used Minis are kind  

of a rare find in the shops in my area.

limapapa40

Welcome Wvscrip. Be careful! The minis grow on you!

wvscrip

Thanks for the warm welcome, I've been carrying my little mini for a couple of days now and love it.  

Joe

bbgun

WVscript,    Get a pocket holster!  I carried them for years and nothing happened.  Last month I found it cocked in my pocket!  Shiver!  Welcome to the forum from a Moundsville guy.

millsriver

Welcome from Western North Carolina. You will enjoy your mini and want more.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

boots

Wvscript it sounds like you found a good deal.  I know you will be happy with it.   Heyjoe has good advice on getting use to the safety.  It is a good system but if you do not get it set in the safety slot you will have the hammer on a live round.  

My BW is less than a week old and we love it.  Now my wife wants a S/W when they come out -- so the collection begins.  

Millsriver we are also here in the mountains of NC and are here to stay.

appliancejunk

As someone looking to purchase my firt NAA Mini reading this has kind of scared me away.  

"I carried them for years and nothing happened. Last month I found it cocked in my pocket!"

Being a Ruger fan I'am thinking of purchasing a LCP and for safety I would only keep a load magazine in it for pocket cary and not one in the chamber.  

Seen some of these NAA Mini's the other day so I waited on the LCP and been doing some research, but have to wonder if I really want to carry a loaded one in my pocket or not.

Seems if one becomes cocked in your pocket there is nothing to keep the trigger from being tripped. No trigger guard, no trigger safety.  

Thought?

heyjoe

the same post you quote says use a pocket holster. it was in his pocket with no holster when it came out of the safety notch. a good pocket holster will prevent that.
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

appliancejunk

Hi joe,

That post also said...

"Last month I found it cocked in my pocket!"  

I took this as he found it fully cocked, not just out of the safety notch. Not sure what is correct. Not that either would be safe but I would think just having it out of the safety notch would be a bit better then having it fully cocked in your pocket.

I'm looking at purchasing the mini with the folding holster and pocket clip. Think this will make it safe to carry and easy to access clipped to my pocket.  

The more I read and watch about these mini's on youtube the more I think I would like to have one. Going to call a dealer in the morning that I seen them at last weekend and see if he still has the one with the folding holster, if so I'm going to go check it out some more, thanks.

Uncle_Lee

Just take the money with you and bring it home.

You are looking and wanting.

Right now you are trying to talk yourself out of buying one and can't find a reason good enough not to have one in your pocket.

So take the money (or C/C) with you and bring it home.

By the way, WELCOME to Wonderland.

It's a wonder that most of us aren't locked up...

God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

appliancejunk

Oh, I will for sure have cash in hand.

Thanks for the welcome.

millsriver

Boots,

We moved to WNC from Colorado in 2008. I agree with you, we are here to stay.
When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

kayakdave

Hi folks! Just picked up my 22LR today. Found this place looking for a pocket holster.(found one and bought it)Haven't shot it yet, maybe tomorrow. Just thought I would say hi.

capn

Welcome!

Enjoy your new mini-revolver.

keith44

Welcome,  

Post your shooting experiences with your new find, please

bill7676

I didn't see that however I went back and removed all my posts on this thread,,,please make sure you do the same,,, we wouldn't want you topick up a free extra post,,,i did some checking around and  you have some other posts on old threads also,,,, you are going to need to go all around and clean all that up,,,you and everyone one else that crys about it....fair is fair,,,no double standerds here right.......