Favorites Grips

Started by BillsNAA, October-27-18 12:10

Previous topic - Next topic

billmeek

Quote from: Honky Tonk Man on November-01-18 06:11
Those look good Bill.  How did they fit?  Was any trimming or shimming needed?  I bought the set NAA offers, but was a little disappointed in the loose fit.  They took them back no problem.  It's hard to tell by your pictures, but are they the same size as the BW grips?

The fit was fine without trimming or shims.   If not exactly the same size of the Black Widow/Mini-master, they are very close.  I think the ThingMeister grips might be slightly narrower than my Mini-Master grips.  <digs out calipers>  Mini-masters grips measure 1.041 inches at the widest point and ThingMeister is .981 inches.  I wouldn't have noticed the width difference if you hadn't asked.
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Honky Tonk Man

Good to know Bill.  Thx.  I believe the NAA oversize wood grips are slightly wider that the BW / MM rubber grips.   never measured them before I returned them, just my impression. 
Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

Canoeal

Quote from: RogueTS1 on November-01-18 09:11
Uncle Lee; I still love the way that laser on the middle one makes the end of the revolver look. It looks so much better that way in my opinion.
It is ashame they don't seem to work...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: Canoeal on November-27-18 11:11
Quote from: RogueTS1 on November-01-18 09:11
Uncle Lee; I still love the way that laser on the middle one makes the end of the revolver look. It looks so much better that way in my opinion.
It is ashame they don't seem to work...

I took it off and put it in a shoebox.
No use carrying something that is good only because it looks neat.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

SledgeH

I'd like to see something like this...

Doc Holliday

Quote from: BillsNAA on October-27-18 12:10
On a whim, I ordered a set of engraved boot grips for my. 22LR Mini. I always thought the wooden birds head grips were awesome, however, the boot grips are over the top. I can't stop looking at them on the gun. They are worth every penny. What are your favorites.
Me too! Big upvote for the engraved boot grips!
Doc Holliday
All would be well and all would be well and all manner of things would be well.

Uncle_Lee

Quote from: SledgeH on December-23-18 09:12
I'd like to see something like this...

Welcome Sledge,
I can't wait to see what you have for us.
God, Country, & Flag

boots

I carry a BW every day and the factory rubber grips fit me find. I others that might be better but the standard work well enough I have not tried anything else.

pietro

Since I know how to shoot a mini with the smaller issue birdshead grips, and I like to CCW my Black Widow, I opted for rubber birdshead grip panels.

Of the grips I've made, these Jade grips were the most satisfying (I later sold both the .22 LR & .22 Short mini's to another forum member, with the grips)

I also liked the issue Staglite grips on my .22 Mag Mini (topmost, below)

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Uncle_Lee

pietro, thanks for the eye candy.
I needed that.
God, Country, & Flag

KEN AR

I have the CV grips on my Black Widow and ordered a set of his Laminates for my Son in Law's 1 5/8 Magnum.

Shown with a little leather from Rick.

Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

KEN AR

On the CV grips I will mention that the new black grips are CAST plastic. They are a quality grip but not a solid piece of plastic. The black ones on my Black Widow were some of his early ones that were machined out of solid plastic.

The laminated grips are very well made and machined nicely.  They are available smooth or with cuts to aid in grip.

I like the smooth laminates myself.  Checked his web site and it looks like he is out of the Black Laminate Magnum grips right now.  To bad I was going to surprise somebody with a late Christmas present. 
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

RangerJim

Count me as another vote for the CVang Dymondwood grips.  I just posted this pic in another message, but here are three of my favorites.  I carry the Pug most of all, but also use the BW on occasion.  Love 'em both with those grips.

So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Uncle_Lee

AHHHHHH, pictures.
Beautiful pictures of minis...
Life can't get any better.
Thank You.
God, Country, & Flag

pietro

Beautiful pics ? Eye candy ?  :D

Here's even more fancy NAA Mini's for your viewing pleasure:  https://northamericanarms.com/category/exotica/

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everybody !

Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

Uncle_Lee

Yes they are.
Beautiful.
&
Eye candy.
God, Country, & Flag

gebe

Quote from: smokeless joe on October-29-18 13:10
Here's an older pic of my Black Widow and Pug with some CV grips. Why? Because we like pics  8)

I tried everything on my 4" MM and these CV grips transformed it! Got rid of that muzzle heavy feel with much more control.

Uncle_Lee

I like the Cvang grips also for the control.

Nice picture thread.
God, Country, & Flag

Bernie707

Quote from: Boisesteve on October-28-18 12:10
For me it's about balancing perceived attributes and failings.  If the grips are too small, my hands can't get a reliable controllable hold on the gun.  Too big and it won't conceal as well as with a smaller grip, and I might as well carry a bigger caliber if the gun is gonna be that size. 

Well said. That's why I'm interested in the folding holster/grip. It keeps the gun small and easy to conceal while providing one of the largest grips available. The stock grips, while not that practical really look good though, and make the gun a piece of art.
If you're not swimming against the current you're being carried along with it.

Boisesteve

Bernie, it's all a matter of what works for you. I had a set of the folding grips once upon a time, thinking they'd make a handy way to carry while hiking, and they did, I liked them. But eventually I tried the oversize rubber BW grips and found I just liked them better, that the gun seemed to point better in my hands and feel better to me with them on it, vs with the folding grips.  But that's just me.  What the heck, try 'em both! 
Mini revolver as an art object?  In my opinion  yes, especially the color case hardened one.
But again, that's it right there. All the above is "my opinion". YMMV.
Steve in Boise

foneman

Quote from: Gbabs2 on October-28-18 13:10
Great over lay photo. Now if any one can duplicate that with boot grips ,...

I agree that the stock Pug Grip is on the small side but it makes it easier to conceal . I bought BW grips but decided they were too bulky for concealment.
So I'm also wondering if the boot grip might conceal better and yet give you a good purchase on the gun?
Thoughts please.

thingmeister

I like a little more meat on the grip without sacrificing size.

Uncle Pepper

I love the look of boot grips and birds head and oversize rosewood.  So I got them all.
Live long and shoot straight.

Warthog

I like the boot grips best, and the oversized wood ones.  The birds head grips look good but my hands can't get a good grip on them.  Between my arthritis and diabetes my hands are a bit numb when they  aren't hurting.  So I guess I will stick with those I mentioned but those stag grips sure do look good. :)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

Uncle Pepper

Hay warthog, the stag are a bit oversize.  The don't wrap around but they are thicker and give a good feel.  I have hand problems also so I feel your pain.
Live long and shoot straight.

Warthog

Uncle Pepper. They do look a little thicker and I know stag gives a good grip, used to have stag grips on a few of my single action Rugers but sadly I sold them.  Not sure why I sold them either now, must have had some stupid medical bill to pay off....

You have a couple of nice blades there too.  I started a Knife thread down in the Off topic area, would you maybe take a picture of the two knives with the blades open, and closed if you can, and post them down in that thread?  Maybe tell us about them?  You probably already have and I either missed it or forgot. ???
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein