Ranger II - GunBroker

Started by RangerJim, December-08-17 19:12

Previous topic - Next topic

RangerJim

So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

RangerJim

I, for one, am willing to wait for my EB.

cedarview kid

Yeah, I saw those a couple hours ago. I have nothing against anybody selling them on GunBroker, but it's kind of sad for me that they're for sale and I haven't gotten mine yet. But mine will have dual cylinders, so I'm not complaining!

smokeless joe

Free enterprise. Yeah I'll wait on my dual cylinder version. I wonder what serial numbers they are. I see they are in my location.

cedarview kid

Quote from: smokeless joe on December-08-17 20:12
Free enterprise. Yeah I'll wait on my dual cylinder version. I wonder what serial numbers they are. I see they are in my location.

My two EB Sidewinders are in the 90's. It would be cool to get a matched set. :)

David Culp

Obviously these were purchased just too resell for a profit. I guess that's their right.

RangerJim

Yeah, I'm all about the dual cylinders, too.  Definitely.  But I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact the seller if I were you, naa_collector.  Just ask about the Serial #s.  I'm sure the seller would tell you.

RangerJim

Quote from: David Culp on December-08-17 20:12
Obviously these were purchased just too resell for a profit. I guess that's their right.

No doubt, David.  And I guess we should be happy that there's commercial (read:RESALE) interest in our little family of products!   :)

smokeless joe

Now I wouldn't bid on these cause I know they will sell for more than I wanna pay but if there is one at the gun show tomorrow and it's a fair price I might be inclined to pick one up which would make waiting for my dual a bit more tolerable ;)

RangerJim

Quote from: smokeless joe on December-08-17 20:12
Now I wouldn't bid on these cause I know they will sell for more than I wanna pay but if there is one at the gun show tomorrow and it's a fair price I might be inclined to pick one up which would make waiting for my dual a bit more tolerable ;)

Sounds like a good plan, Joe.  My next gun show isn't for a few weeks, but I'll definitely be looking.  Let us know if you find one.  Good luck!

Bigbird48

When I ordered mine I had the thought in mind that I can always get the LR cyl later. Now I'm glad I did that way.

cedarview kid

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-08-17 21:12
When I ordered mine I had the thought in mind that I can always get the LR cyl later. Now I'm glad I did that way.

Yeah, I wish I had. It would be cheaper right now by a little bit and I just work down the street from the factory, so I could get them added at any time. Ah well. There was no way to know that and I'm sure I'll still be pleased.

David Culp

I agree. Had I know buying without the extra cylinder would get me the guns sooner and with lower serial numbers I would have gone without at first but got them later as well. I also am one that wants the extra cylinders. Mostly in case there ever was a time I would have trouble finding magnum ammo.

redhawk4

I think it's sad anyone got an EB Ranger just to put it straight on Gunbroker, sadder still for those who don't even have one yet :)

As these were sent out from the first batch they must be low serial numbers under #36, although it's just possible they came from the 12, or so that went earlier in the week, depending where the seller lives and if he's an FFL.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

smokeless joe

Quote from: Bigbird48 on December-08-17 21:12
My original order was for the magnum only but I got to thinking about the lr cylinder after a discussion in one of the threads and called Jessica and changed my order. For me I don't mind waiting a bit more for the combo. I think it's better than sending it back once I get my hands on it. 

linux_author

i'll wait until i can support my local dealer - no way i'm gonna do bidding on my NAA purchases... good luck to any bidders though!

willie
on the rainy and cold Gulf of Mexico

MtGoat

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-08-17 23:12
I think it's sad anyone got an EB Ranger just to put it straight on Gunbroker, sadder still for those who don't even have one yet :)

As these were sent out from the first batch they must be low serial numbers under #36, although it's just possible they came from the 12, or so that went earlier in the week, depending where the seller lives and if he's an FFL.

I would imagine this is a BT serial numbered gun that went to a dealer.
There are a number of dealers that are internet sales only.
They simply got their order from NAA and are offering it for sale.
They listed it for what they had into it (or at least roughly list price) and it is up to the buyers as to what it is worth.
At least they have a chance to buy one right away....for a fee.

If it is an EB serial numbered gun then that would be sad.  Selling one of your children. ???

I found a BT for sale and considered buying it to flip but rather reached out to a fellow board member who missed out on the EB and they were able to snag it.
Less money in my pocket but I am much happier that it is going to a good home.

Pat

David Culp

I believe they were both listed as ebs, however the sn was not divulged

smokeless joe

Quote from: David Culp on December-09-17 09:12
I believe they were both listed as ebs, however the sn was not divulged
Yes I read that they had the eb serial number also

heyjoe

Quote from: MtGoat on December-09-17 07:12
Quote from: redhawk4 on December-08-17 23:12

I found a BT for sale and considered buying it to flip but rather reached out to a fellow board member who missed out on the EB and they were able to snag it.
Less money in my pocket but I am much happier that it is going to a good home.

Pat

That is very nice of you!
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

redhawk4

By the time we get ours the novelty will certainly have worn off some. It's weird to think that the second owner of these Rangers could get them before some of us will get our conversion cylinder models.

smokeless joe

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-09-17 11:12
It's weird to think that the second owner of these Rangers could get them before some of us will get our conversion cylinder models.
Wow way to rub salt in the wound 😄😄😄

Ruger

I knew this would happen.  For some reason the first thing that came to mind was to release the Hunter/Killer Drones and take care of the offender of the group.  I need to stop listening to the voices . . . .
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

redhawk4

I too allowed myself to be talked into ordering the conversion cylinder after the fact. However, if I put aside my natural impatience (I want it yesterday!!) to get a Ranger the fact is I do want the conversion cylinder, even more now I see how easy it is to change the cylinder in the Ranger II, it's certainly possible to use the spare cylinder for a relatively fast reload in additions to the economy of shooting 22 LR because I know my wife will love to shoot it at the range.

I'm not overly concerned about low serial #'s, but even if you are, there will only be 250 EB Rangers II's so having 1 out of 250 is something in itself. I still think it's sad that we see these Rangers with the low serial numbers on Gunbroker already, while they are entitled to do as they please having bought them, to me it's not in the spirit of the EB or what the EB models are for, they should be for enthusiasts who will cherish them, at least for a while, not something you buy in a mercenary way to make a fast buck. But good luck to them and who ever buys them.

RangerJim

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-09-17 14:12
... I still think it's sad that we see these Rangers with the low serial numbers on Gunbroker already, while they are entitled to do as they please having bought them, to me it's not in the spirit of the EB or what the EB models are for, they should be for enthusiasts who will cherish them, at least for a while, not something you buy in a mercenary way to make a fast buck. But good luck to them and who ever buys them.
Well said, Redhawk.

smokeless joe

All I can say is I know mine won't end up on gunbroker. I told my oldest daughter that this goes in my casket with me. Yep I'm taking it with me.

RangerJim

Quote from: smokeless joe on December-09-17 14:12
All I can say is I know mine won't end up on gunbroker. I told my oldest daughter that this goes in my casket with me. Yep I'm taking it with me.
I hear ya', Joe--that is, as long as you don't take any original Rangers with you.  But all bets are off if you go to the great beyond with a Ranger I.  I'm grabbin' my shovel!   ;D

smokeless joe

Quote from: RangerJim on December-09-17 15:12
I hear ya', Joe--that is, as long as you don't take any original Rangers with you.  But all bets are off if you go to the great beyond with a Ranger I.  I'm grabbin' my shovel!   ;D
You made me lol on that one Jim. Guess I'm gonna need a tomb.

MtGoat

By the time we get ours the novelty will certainly have worn off some. It's weird to think that the second owner of these Rangers could get them before some of us will get our conversion cylinder models.

If it galls you that bad start bidding
We all have equal opportunity to win.
Available funds not withstanding.  :o
;D

Pat

redhawk4

Quote from: MtGoat on December-09-17 15:12

If it galls you that bad start bidding
We all have equal opportunity to win.
Available funds not withstanding.  :o
;D

Pat

If it's not galling now, having to pay more for one on Gunbroker would really feel like a kick in the crotch :(  :)

heyjoe

i think those two on gunbroker are going to go for big dollars.

Quote from: Ruger on December-09-17 14:12
I knew this would happen.  For some reason the first thing that came to mind was to release the Hunter/Killer Drones and take care of the offender of the group.  I need to stop listening to the voices . . . .
It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

PaducahMichael

I know the voices aren't real - but they do have some pretty interesting ideas.

My butt is chapped over the Gunbroker thing, too, though I am a believer in Capitalism. I guess it bothers me that someone would have nothing but a $$$ motivation regarding something I have been coveting with almost religious fervor for a couple of years.

This too shall pass.
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

redhawk4

Quote from: heyjoe on December-09-17 15:12
i think those two on gunbroker are going to go for big dollars.

I wonder if anyone will confuse them with the originals and think they are getting a bargain at $1200?

smokeless joe

Quote from: redhawk4 on December-09-17 18:12
I wonder if anyone will confuse them with the originals and think they are getting a bargain at $1200?
That could be what the seller is banking on. Can't blame them for trying. I guess it's their guns to do with as they see fit. Although I will be content to just shoot mine and keep it to myself.

On a side note when I was at the gun show today I was floored at how many dealers were unaware of the launch of the new Ranger.

RangerJim

Ok, quick price check ...  current bids: $505 and $495.  Nothing outrageous ... yet.