NAA doubles up

Started by grayelky, December-13-17 22:12

Previous topic - Next topic

grayelky

Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

redhawk4

Must be an older list with the Seecamp listed. Great choice on the Minis though, when you want to go small based on what's currently in production, there's not much to compete with them.
Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

grayelky

Two kinda surprised me. The Springfield XDs, a shirt pocket pistol? For me, it is not even a pants pocket pistol. It needs a holster, and either a belt or straps. Bond Arms, while being well made, are HEAVY, and bulky.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

zburkett

Nice article.  What can I say, the mini with folding holster grip is my regular carry.  Always goes bang when I need it to and hits where I point it.  Something they did not mention, with the hammer in the notch and the folding grip closed it is the safest pocket carry possible without having to rack a slide.

miker

I can't agree with the JA-22 simply because it's striker fired; don't like the idea of carrying (esp in a shirt pocket!) cocked and inadequately locked. All similar guns (baby Browning, et al) have the same problem - I remember reading about a guy who had his BB go off in his coat pocket while it was hanging in the closet - IIRC the sear catch broke off the striker.

Bond, too big and heavy... Doubletap, ammo fussy? How does that work? What about the stainless American Derringer?

I don't think the NAA has competition once you move below pants pocket size. I even tried carrying my 22LR in a rolled up sleeve once. Just a tad bulky for that! :)

cbl51

I think they were groping for some choices to fill out the article. A few of those would not really fit in a shirt pocket well, maybe dragging down that side of the shirt in a distinctive droop.

I don't think the mini has competition in it's class. Certainly not for both safety combined with reliability in a small package. The NAA mini is a class all by itself with no competition.

zburkett

The only one they didn't mention is the mini short.  It goes anywhere unnoticed.

Don73

Nice list of guns, of course NAA minis should be at the top of the list. Seecamp's are still being made by Whalley Brothers as they bought out original Seecamp. Today probably the best two ultra mini semi autos are the Seecamp and NAA guardian. That Seecamp 380 is a handful, need a band aid every time I shoot it.

RangerJim

Quote from: Don73 on December-14-17 10:12
Nice list of guns, of course NAA minis should be at the top of the list. Seecamp's are still being made by Whalley Brothers as they bought out original Seecamp. Today probably the best two ultra mini semi autos are the Seecamp and NAA guardian. That Seecamp 380 is a handful, need a band aid every time I shoot it.
Hey, Don (or anyone):
Have you shot the Seecamp 32?  I was considering getting one, but wanted to see if anyone had any first-hand experience.
So, making guns illegal will take them off the street?
Perfect!  We should probably make heroine and meth illegal, too!

Don73

I have the Seecamp 32 and 380. The .32 is very manageable, but the 380 can be harsh on recoil and bangs your trigger finger around the trigger guard. I imagine the 380 is at or over the line on how small a gun can be for a 380. But I guess its like all guns if you practice your grip, you can learn to tame it. But as some have posted on the Seecamp forum if you carry the 380 for self defense, you probably can live thru the pain if you life's on the line.

David Culp

Quote from: zburkett on December-14-17 08:12
The only one they didn't mention is the mini short.  It goes anywhere unnoticed.

Yes that's my shirt pocket gun

RangerJim

I have the Seecamp 32 and 380. The .32 is very manageable, but the 380 can be harsh on recoil and bangs your trigger finger around the trigger guard. I imagine the 380 is at or over the line on how small a gun can be for a 380. But I guess its like all guns if you practice your grip, you can learn to tame it. But as some have posted on the Seecamp forum if you carry the 380 for self defense, you probably can live thru the pain if you life's on the line.
Thanks, Don!

heyjoe

i dont recommend getting the Seecamp made by the new owners.....there are many issues being reported and the warranty is aweful.

It's too bad that our friends cant be here with us today

Don73

Could be growing pains on new Seecamps, but many do prefer buying the  Milford .32 over the Whalley .32

theysayimnotme

The short will disappear into the watch pocket of a pair of jeans.

Bigbird48

Yea I can't see a bond Arms 45 in a shirt pocket, might develop a curved spine from bending forward LOL  ::) ;D

Quote from: grayelky on December-14-17 01:12
Two kinda surprised me. The Springfield XDs, a shirt pocket pistol? For me, it is not even a pants pocket pistol. It needs a holster, and either a belt or straps. Bond Arms, while being well made, are HEAVY, and bulky.

Warthog

Never have I had a single problem with my Diamondback 9mm.  Haven't had it act finicky with the different ammos I have used in it at the range either.  Maybe the guy who wrote the article has a limp wrist.'

Now, the NAAs should be listed highly on the list though the Short should have been there for sure.  Shirt pockets aren't all that handy a place to have a gun IMO but if any of them work in one, it would be the Short.  It isn't heavy so your shirt won't look funny and it is easy to shoot and the 22 Short is something that will surely kill at close range.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

RangerJim

Quote from: theysayimnotme on December-14-17 14:12

The short will disappear into the watch pocket of a pair of jeans.
Yep!  Where's Waldo?   ;)