Porting on the 22mag?..

Started by Gobbletn, December-21-17 11:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobbletn

Hello again guys, I'm waiting, PATIENTLY, for my Ranger ll, but in the meantime I was curious to know the opinions out there on the ported option NAA offers. Has anyone compared them to see if the actual felt recoil is less???

Thanks all and Merry Christmas...

Gobbletn
Middle Tennessee
Not sure why, but Dad always said "Shoot Straight" before every hunt

Warthog

Well, on my PUGs I can say they make for an easier follow up shot but I don't notice any recoil reduction.

Merry Christmas to you too. :)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

grayelky

There is a little less muzzle flip, but not a lot. If you shoot ported and unported back-to-back, you can tell a difference. If you shoot one today and the other tomorrow, you will say there is no difference. There is a little more muzzle flash, but, again, back to back you will notice a small difference, but, day to day, no difference. For a less eperienced person, there maybe an advantage, but I am not overly confident about it.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Warthog

Yeah, that is true Grayelky.  If shot BTB, you notice but if you take one to the range one day and the next you take the other, It is harder to notice.
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein