Driving Holster for Black Widow

Started by 223fan, February-08-18 15:02

Previous topic - Next topic

223fan

Does anyone use them and if you do how fo you like them.

Canoeal

I would, if I was allowed to drive...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

Benjamin

I think this information is something to know.

Uncle_Lee

I would but my gut would hide the gun.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Bigbird48

I'm with you Unc  I wouldn't beable to find the gun under my belly  :-\ :o ;D

pietro

No holster - I carry my BW in a shirt breast pocket for instant access w/o any calisthenics.
Be careful if you follow the masses - Sometimes the M is silent

zburkett

Holster grip, off side Levi front pocket, butt forward.  Carry it there all the time because I can get to it while driving.

postalman

Not yet, but I plan on pulling the trigger on one soon. Rick_Jorgenson (Desert Gun Leather) has one on his website that looks great.
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

dale_az

I have a BW with one of Ricks cross draw holsters, work great for me while driving.

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: 223fan on February-08-18 15:02

I make them

This one is for the Ranger II (I need to get a photo of the BW model)  I make them "Gun Specific" so they are made & molded to the gun you order them for. (Other NAA guns may fit but probably not as well)

Call, email or PM me for price

Current estimated lead times are 2-3 weeks from time of order.

Colors of Leather available...

• Natural Oil Finish
  • Chestnut
  • Brown
  • Black

Standard Thread Colors...

Natural Thread - Natural Oil Finish, Chestnut & Brown
Black Thread - Black

Options of Thread....

• On Black Leather - Black / Hurricane Blue / Zombie Green / Red / Orange
  • On Chestnut Leather - Natural / Gold
  • Natural Oil Finish - Natural  (others colors just don't look good but can be used if your heart is set on it) JMHO
  • Brown - Natural / Black / Brown & Gold 

Off topic but...
Greyelky asked me to do a test piece with Orange Thread on Chestnut Leather & Brown Leather and it doesn't look to bad! lol!! 

I'll post a photo of it Monday afternoon

There is another Maker here on the Forum doing them as well.  Use the Search Tab for Anderson Leather

https://www.desertgunleather.com/shop/naa-black-widow-driving-holster
Rick Jorgenson

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: 223fan on February-08-18 15:02

There have been quite a few articles in Gun Magazines about the quickest way to Draw while driving "belted in".  The stats I have seen is Cross Draw (or Driving Holster) is the quickest to access and "bring to target".

Strong Side Carry -  Right or Left Handed your gun & Holster are covered by your seat belt.  You will look like a contortionist trying to draw,  using many seconds of time.

Pocket Carry - Again.... picture the contortionist moves...  those of us with a  "robust girth"  trying to wiggle like a dancer, in a small phone booth, with a strap holding us in,  trying to get in our pocket!  And, the "robust girth" is covering the pockets!  Takes to much time to draw!

Rick Jorgenson

Uncle_Lee

AHHH, more beautiful pictures of beautiful holsters.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

223fan

Rick Jorgenson I'll be getting ahold of you