Mini mag with XS night sights

Started by seaotter, April-29-18 20:04

Previous topic - Next topic

seaotter

I was checking out the Buds Guns website, and was surprised to see 1 1/8 mini mags with XS night sights for $244. I knew that there was talk of a  bugout with XS, but I must have missed the announcement about the mini mags!

seaotter

Ok, I looked again, and they also have them in 1 5/8 for the same price. They also had a few different mini mag models with 2 wmr cylinders, instead of the usual combo 22 wmr/22lr.

grayelky

I think the XS sight mini is a distributor exclusive. Sports South, maybe?
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

RogueTS1

I have one, second Mini I picked up. I am quite big on the XS sight system.

No photo of it here at the office. I believe I have one at the house. Will try and post it for Uncle Lee's viewing pleasure later today.  :P
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Canoeal

I thought either Sports South or Ellett Bros. Thinkin' about that one, or the BOII...when and if I can...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

seaotter

I would much rather have a 1 5/8 mini mag with XS night sights then a Pug that costs $60 more. I have never been a fan of the 1 inch barrel on the Pug. That's just  me folks! I know you guys love your Pugs!

billmeek

One of the differences between the Pug and mini mags (and BugOut II) is that the rear sight on the Pug is an XS Big Dot sight.  So you take the front sight and align it on top of the vertical white line (aka "dot the i" or "make a lollipop").  The advantage of this type of sight is quick target acquisition.  It's the same sighting system used on big game rifles. The trade-off is it's slightly less accurate. 

My hands aren't that steady so the image below isn't great nor dead-on. 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

billmeek

View from the BugOut II for comparison:
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

seaotter

Oh. I thought all XS sights ball and line.

Canoeal

What about a thin horizontal line across painted white across the top of the frame in the rear? It might help... I did that to the top of the blade on my Charter Arms target sight...or you could try to do it vertically on the hammer slots...Just thinking...
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing."  Edmund Burke

grayelky

Quote from: Canoeal on April-30-18 10:04
I thought either Sports South or Ellett Bros. Thinkin' about that one, or the BOII...when and if I can...
I'm pretty sure it is Ellet Bros., not Sports South as I initially guessed.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Canoeal

Quote from: seaotter on April-30-18 12:04
I would much rather have a 1 5/8 mini mag with XS night sights then a Pug that costs $60 more. I have never been a fan of the 1 inch barrel on the Pug. That's just  me folks! I know you guys love your Pugs!
Yea I am not impressed with the ballistics of a 1" barrel; that is why I chose the BW...that and the Grips.

RogueTS1

Quote from: RogueTS1 on April-30-18 09:04
I have one, second Mini I picked up. I am quite big on the XS sight system.

No photo of it here at the office. I believe I have one at the house. Will try and post it for Uncle Lee's viewing pleasure later today.  :P

Sorry Uncle Lee; I forgot! I will see if I can get it done tonight.  :-[
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

RogueTS1

Crappy photos but here it is: