Ruger announces the SR22

Started by grayelky, January-02-12 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic

wiseguy

The usual, instead of just allowing someone their opinion and having a discussion certain people find it neccesary to use mildly veiled insults to give their peers the impression that they are somehow superior.

louiethelump

Wiseguy, I am glad you have realized you do that without anyone having to come right out and say it.  Your handle fits you well.  Now that you know that your remarks make it appear that you are trying to give the impression you are somehow superior, maybe you could just knock it off and join the discussion instead of the smug, smart ass aura you are currently using.............  if it tiresome already, and in only 75 posts.

Thanks for the effort toward self improvement...
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

22man

I'll agree with the boy at the end of the Gunblast video... The SR22 looks like too much FUN to put down. I want one.

cedarview kid

Ruger SR22? How about a Ruger SR72! Now that would be sweet. ;)

lcpeashooter

Does anyone own both the SR22 and the P22?  I'm wondering if they are both the same "small" size in the hand.  Thx.

westerly1965

Haven't handled the Ruger but have a friend with the P22 its an OK gun I wouldn't buy one.  I do know that Stephanie Hayden from Red Jacket Firearms really liked the SR22 when she saw it at the SHOT show.  It made enough of an impression on her to take a picture and post her opinion on it so it must be a pretty nice gun.  She's cute but the girl knows her guns..

Chopprs ~ Sorry I am a little hoarse today to do that Rand Paul voice you like so much.....perhaps if you hadn't kept me up all night on the phone doing that imitation for you I would be more on my toes today.......wait a minute you don't think your common do you?

chopprs

.....I am not anywhere near common denoted by the small bus and hockey helmet I was forced to ride and wear as a youngin and you are really creaping me out. If you really are trying to call me late at night with some strange voice planned please do not. I do not see the humor nor will I be very nice on the phone........please remember that I have GUNS!!!

westerly1965

LOL Sorry you left yourself wide open there I had to take a shot!

gunr

Wes'

I think Uncle Chops is pick'n on us!

gunr

Don't let the TV show, American Guns, see that pink gun. They'll do a show on it for sure!

Haven't seen that show on for a while, maybe they ran out of pink stuff to film??

grayelky

In the hand, the SR22 and the P22 feel very similar. I prefer the SR22, but it is one of those qualities you can't quite put your finger on why. Maybe it is a more solid, quality feel. Once you start looking at the way the 2 are made, there are very noticeable differences. The Ruger is much nicer finished.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

pogo

Louie, on the Ruger Forum there is mention of  issues with the barrel locating pin and the barrel screw on the SR22. What is your opinion on that? Assuming you have one, opinion, that is.

Thanks, Art

chopprs

Did anyone ever get any accuracy and reliability reports on this gun?

I am wondering how it compares to the MarkII/III

bud

Ruger 22/45 Liteā„¢ Rimfire Pistol Models

http://www.ruger.com/products/2245Lite/models.html">www.ruger.com/products/2245Lite/models.html

shadowofleaves

I handled one of the SR22's this morning. It comes with two interchangeable grips and two mags (with interchangeable floor plates - 2 compact and 2 with a finger rest). To me, it feels more solid in the hand than the Walther P22 does. I didn't get to shoot it but, IF there are no reliability/durability problems with it like the Walther had, I'd like to try one of the threaded barrel versions if/when they become available.

bflying

There's an interesting statement about Ruger in this article. http://www.prep-blog.com/2012/03/23/why-are-gun-sales-surging-in-2012/">http://www.prep-blog.com/2012/03/23/why-are-gun-sales-surging-in-2012/

Innovation may slow somewhat when faced with a maxed out production line.  What a great position to be in.

By the way, that's not an SR22, this is...

http://www.cirrusaircraft.com/sr22/">http://www.cirrusaircraft.com/sr22/

chopprs

.....I like the carbon-fiber. What is Vx and Vne?

bflying

The V Speeds are defined indications specific to each aircraft.  Vx=Best angle of climb, Vne=Never exceed speed.  Some Vspeeds are simply markers for best performance, others define an envelope of safety that you do now want to cross.

Wait a minute, Chops, aren't you a pilot?

If only I had an extra $Million laying around. $750k for the wings, and $250k so I could afford to fly it a couple of years.

Not all SR22's are alike.  I can actually afford Ruger's.

chopprs

LOL, I am aware of the meaning of the letters. I was wondering what the published speeds were for that A/C. I did not see them in the ad.

Best climb and never exceed define an aircrafts personality, at least for me....

bflying

Ah, Bach. Sorry.  It's been a while since at Cirrus controls, but my memory tells me it's something like 85 and 200 knots respectively. In terms of the small 4 seat cans, they are the quietest and most comfy that I have ever been in.

chopprs

... I like the 85 but the 200 seems a bit low. Another 10 or twenty would make me happy but I am an evelope pusher! It is hard to make them do everything and if I am correct that one has a safety first design.

I think I am more like a Piper Malibu kinda guy. ...pushing the envelope! It sure is a kewl little plane though. Thanks for showing. I have seen them but have not paid much attention before.

mndoug

Following up on something Chopprs said... maybe it'll grow up to be a .22Mag.  And if you want an ugly gun in .22Mag, you can get THAT right now from Kel-Tec in the PMR-30!

Uncle_Lee

Ugly it is.

Getting one is not easy but is costly.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

cedarview kid

I think the PMR-30  looks pretty cool myself. Although, my AMT Automag II looks better.

Eventually, I plan to get the Kel-Tec.

bumbazine

CDNN is showing the PMR-30 in their latest catalog for $299 and change, again.

Just don't come in here and rag on me if you call them and they're all sold out, again.

chopprs

....why would someone "rag" on you if you tried to help?????

......and what is "CDNN"?

louiethelump

CDNN is a distributor or wholesaler that specializes in close outs and carries lots and lots of magazines.  they put out a flyer, and are pretty well known for not having everything in the flyer.  this is because they buy up left over lots of guns and other left over stuff at discounted prices and may only have a few.  When they are gone they are gone.  You often see discontinued items or models there.  This was where the Taurus 327 guns showed up when they were discontinued.  The KelTec being in there is not an item to instill faith in the future of the KelTec.
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

bumbazine

Chopprs wrote: ....why would someone "rag" on you if you tried to help?????  

......and what is "CDNN"?

I was only half-serious there, but the last time CDNN showed the PMR in their catalog, some time last year, I mentioned it on another board and got lambasted by another poster because, apparently, I was personally responsible for them being out of stock.

Uncle_Lee

If you bought the last one, then you were responsible. Otherwise, no.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

chopprs

I had never heard of it but from what Louie said it sure sounds interesting.

Whoever that was that Lambasted you is obviously out of touch with reality. There is only so many of everything. I have customers that get angry when I don't have something in stock. I tell them, "Life is too short, take your money and business down the street!"

louiethelump

I don't understand your business model.  WalMart has everything in stock, WHY DON'T YOU????????????????
Louie
"Deeds; Not Words"

chopprs

......I have a business model for you Louie!

bumbazine

Oh I am absolutely not responsible.

I'm about irresponsible as a person can get.

leafhopper

I bought an SR 22 today and I'm going back to get another one for my wife tomorrow! And, I'm a revolver fanatic, but this little gun is very very nice. I traded my KelTec Sub 2000 for it and a bunch of ammo.

cedarview kid

Really, Leaf--a Sub-2000 for the SR22? You must really like it. I'm trying really hard to like the SR22. I'm just not there yet. I'm left trying to decide why I need this one, when I have quite a number of auto-loading .22's that I really like.