Turn of the century grips for the Top Break

Started by 45flint, October-25-10 01:10

Previous topic - Next topic

45flint

I like the TB because it brings back the turn of the century top break revolver.  The grips however don't help with that.  Would love ivory boot grips but if you really look at the revolvers of this period most had hard rubber black checkered grips. Would these available in NAA accessories work well to bring back the past? They say on the site that this grips has changed recently and a new picture will come.  

cedarview kid

That's a good point. I'd like some black grips like those on my old H&R breaktop .22. Then again, maybe "turn of the 21st century" break-tops call for something different.

gunfitrip

The simulated Pearl in either white or black would work or ivory if you can afford it.

45flint

I agree, pearl would have been done then as well and probably fits the quality of the gun.

grayelky

I swapped out a pair from the Wasp, and I think they look good on the Break Top. I don't care for the Rosewood on the Wasp, though. The matte black on the Wasp is brought out by the black rubber grips. The Pearl may look okay on the BT. I'd like to see one with them.

I obtained some scrap ivory, so that may become a possibility.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

45flint

Is is surprising what you think will look good and how it actually looks on the gun.  Really surprised me how much I did not like boot grips on the TB.  

Steve

zippovarga

So....my black faux MOP grips may have a future after all!

grayelky

quote:

So....my black faux MOP grips may have a future after all!
I suspect they may look good on it.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

redhawk4

Something like this turn of the century trio?

Old Enough to Know Better - Still Too Young to Care

I "Acted the Fool" so often in School they made me get an Equity Card

ricart

As this is devoted to grips, has anyone sanded down  the palm swell on the magnum oversized wood grips?   How did it look?  I like the size of the grips, hate the palm swell.

cedarview kid

Ricart, I think somebody did that a few months ago and posted pics. You might want to check the archives, although I don't know what subject title you would search for.