"The Black Widow" Custom Pancake Holster #1 of 5

Started by Rick_Jorgenson, July-09-18 13:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick_Jorgenson

This is a special order done for a customer that wanted "something that stands out but looks evil"

So the edges are dark and ominous to highlight the Black Widow.

The laser work is done by BigBird48 (Bert)

I promised the customer I would only make 4 others (for a total of 5) like it. 

Thanks for looking and,   if you are looking for your logo or design on leather BigBird48 is "The Man"!

Rick
Rick Jorgenson

KEN AR

Rick,
Wow that is some great work by you and BigBird!  That is sharp looking.  I sure do like the way my black one rides on the belt. 

I have to remember it is there so I do not go into the Post Office with it... 
I don't think they would ever know but just something about those Federal laws...

Now if I can get Bert to engrave one on my black one that would be sharp.  White outline legs and body and a red hour glass!
Ken AZ is now KEN AR, moved in 2021 to the Natural State
Black Widow MAG/LR, Mini Master, Mini 1 5/8" Mag/LR
Desert Gun Leather holsters
https://desertgunleather.com/
RevisionCV.com Grips

Uncle_Lee

Beautiful
Thank you for excellent eye openers.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

billmeek

Nice work RIck and Bert.  Too bad I don't have a Black Widow... yet. 
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

grayelky

I like it! My compliments to the designer and to BigBird on the laser work. The overall execution is spot on!
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

Warthog

Looks fantastic you guys!  BB & RJ make a great team, I love this one and would try for one of the four but, I don't wear a belt very often. :(
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

postalman

Beautiful eye candy. What a team effort!
"Let the gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."- Thomas Jefferson

Texduk3

fine leather art right there   great work dudes  8)
"God and Guns"
"Lets Go Brandon"

Bigbird48

Thanks for the compliments  :D and dam that holster came out nice Rick I haven't seen the finished product in person yet. My cars been down :(

Bigbird48

The engraving really doesn't show well on black, I've been experimenting with coloring the black leather , but that is a whole new set of problems to over come , but I'm working on it. :)
Quote from: KEN AZ on July-09-18 23:07
Rick,
Wow that is some great work by you and BigBird!  That is sharp looking.  I sure do like the way my black one rides on the belt. 

I don't think they would ever know but just something about those Federal laws...

Now if I can get Bert to engrave one on my black one that would be sharp.  White outline legs and body and a red hour glass!

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: billmeek on July-10-18 04:07
Nice work RIck and Bert.  Too bad I don't have a Black Widow... yet.

It's been a few days since you last bought a gun Bill!

It's time to shop for that Black Widow!!  ::)

Quote from: KEN AZ on July-09-18 23:07
Rick,

No worries Ken!
Your next holster is the "Cargo Pants" edition!  With 2 Speed Strips!   It's like the "Winnebago of Holsters"!  ;) 

You can get your Spider on that one!

Off topic but, just reminded me... https://www.winnebagoman.com    Funny Documentary about this gentleman that did the Winnebago commercials.
Worth a watch JMHO. We have all had days like that and felt his frustration, it just wasn't captured on film!  ("thank goodness!)  ::)

Quote from: Postalman on July-13-18 06:07
Beautiful eye candy. What a team effort!

Thank you! 

Quote from: Texduk3 on July-15-18 14:07
fine leather art right there   great work dudes  8)

Thank you!  BigBird48 (Bert) has been doing quite a few logos for customers lately.  I'll get some photos and post them next week.

Quote from: grayelky on July-12-18 14:07
I like it! My compliments to the designer and to BigBird on the laser work. The overall execution is spot on!

Thanks Luther!  Have not forgot your order!  Playing a little catch up right now!

Quote from: Warty62 on July-12-18 16:07
Looks fantastic you guys!  BB & RJ make a great team, I love this one and would try for one of the four but, I don't wear a belt very often. :(

No worries Warty! Your "Overall Pocket" for the Shorty will be worth the wait!

I'm on the final detail assembly of your .22 Short Holster. It should go out to you in a week or so.  Hang in there, I work on it (and a couple other special projects) in the evening when everyone is gone. 

.22 Short Holster Photos SOON!

Quote from: uncle_lee on July-10-18 03:07
Beautiful
Thank you for excellent eye openers.

Thanks Uncle_Lee!
Rick Jorgenson

billmeek

Quote from: Rick_Jorgenson on July-18-18 06:07
It's been a few days since you last bought a gun Bill!

It's time to shop for that Black Widow!!  ::)

It's been awhile since I last bought a NAA.  I'm waiting on the Black Widow with the XS night sights. 

It's been less than 2 weeks since I last bought a gun (22 rifle) and have been constantly shopping for the next purchase.  I'm looking at the possibility of manufacturing a chassis for my next rifle as no company (that I've been able to find) makes what I want.
Bill

I won't carry a laser device... unless it has stun, kill, and disintegrate settings.

Warthog

Rick, I don't mind waiting.  Do it to your satisfaction, and my measurements, and I know it will be GREAT! 8)
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

miker

KEN AR

Rick,
Are all these Customs gone yet?  I'm not stopping back by until I know I am safe! 

That color sure would match that new pair of Justin ropers I just got.   :o

Nope not gonna do it.  Hope ya'll had a good weekend at the gun show. 

About time to show us the Bond Arms you need to add to your "needed it for fitting a holster" collection!

Ken
RevisionCV.com Grips

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: KEN AZ on July-25-18 22:07
Rick,
Are all these Customs gone yet?  I'm not stopping back by until I know I am safe! 

About time to show us the Bond Arms you need to add to your "needed it for fitting a holster" collection!

Ken

There's one with your name on it Ken!

I can't bring myself to pay the price for a Bond Arms..... yet ......

I wish I could find one that was "messed up" and really cheap!  I don't want to shoot the thing I just need it to fit holsters!  The Dummy guns I have are crap "less than perfect"  but thats all that is available.
Rick Jorgenson

Bigbird48

Ken Thats about as close as we'll get to Black with engraving. You should grab that one before its gone  ;D

Quote from: KEN AZ on July-25-18 22:07
Rick,

Ken

PaducahMichael

Rick I'd sure like to see a pic of the cargo pocket holster for BW when you get a chance - sounds nice!
"The world is made for people who aren't cursed with self awareness."

KEN AR

Rick,
Guess this Cargo project will have to get started sometime.  I'll stop by this week with the blocks. 

Crazy month of weather.  Busy Busy!

RevisionCV.com Grips

cfsharry

Beautiful holster guys! You make a good team.
Rick,
On the last notch of the belt you made. Will call to arrange shipping. Would like that holster deign but for a Sig p365.
Will call you.
Harry

smokeless joe

DUDE!!! How did I miss this. That's just bad@$$

Great work RJ & BB

Bigbird48

Rick_Jorgenson

Quote from: PaducahMichael on August-05-18 16:08
Rick I'd sure like to see a pic of the cargo pocket holster for BW when you get a chance - sounds nice!
Interest is growing in this type of holster so it is moving up the R & D ladder to a "Do sooner than later".

Don't worry I will need some input and suggestions from the Forum members on this project! Once I get a prototype or two done  :o

Quote from: smokeless joe on August-10-18 18:08
DUDE!!! How did I miss this. That's just bad@$$
It's pretty cool! It looks kind of "Biker-ish"  ;) 

Quote from: cfsharry on August-06-18 22:08
Beautiful holster guys! You make a good team.
Rick,
On the last notch of the belt you made. Will call to arrange shipping. Would like that holster deign but for a Sig p365.
Will call you.
Harry

Great work RJ & BB

Thats great Harry!  Get that belt sent ASAP so you can keep measuring your success! Don't Poke Holes in it!!
Rick Jorgenson

Ruger

Quote from: cfsharry on August-06-18 22:08. . . . . . . . .  Would like that holster deign but for a Sig p365 . . . . . .

Had one of those in my hand last Saturday at my LGS.  I would love to have one, but it is a little down the list.  I need a Sig P227 in FDE to match my Sig P226 Mk25 in FDE; same holster, same size, neat pair.  But then there is the Kimber Sapphire Pro II 1911 that I need.  And then there is . . . . . . . dang . . .so many gun, so few funds.  ::)
Never Take anything Too Seriously . .Just Enough Will Do.

billmeek

Quote from: cfsharry on August-06-18 22:08
Would like that holster deign but for a Sig p365.

Something like this?

Bill