Pug accuracy

Started by larry44, September-23-18 11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

larry44

I used to have a black widow and still have a wasp. Neither of them were especially accurate when shooting 22 Mag. I just fired a pug and found it to be incredibly accurate. Do most of you owning a pug find that the accuracy is very good? I'm thinking of trading the WASP for a pug.

Adk.IBO

Welcome! My first NAA was a Wasp, I liked it a lot but sold it (shrug). Missed it and then saw a Talo Pug with the Wasp cylinder(s), bought it and turns out I like my Pug better. Very good sights, and it completely hides in my hand. The dealer I bought mine from still has Talo Pugs on Gun Broker. I bought a Pug grip after the Laserlyte laser failed, warranteed by Laserlyte but I haven't used it since I got it back. Wasp was good, Pug is better for me.
Luke 23:34

Uncle_Lee

Welcome Larry,
I vote pug over the rest of the short barreled minis.
My opinion on lasers is that they don't belong on minis.
Maybe the shock of the magnums are too much for them or they are just trying to make them too small.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

autofull

hi guy, i have three pugs, all are first year production. all have beautiful rifling and perfect deep set crowns. if you do your part they shoot to point of aim up to 75ft when out plinking. the sights are a big part of that feature. i would love a pug sidewinder model myself. i would sell some other toys to own a variant like that. just my two on my favorite naa.

RogueTS1

I do; this is from a "Cabin Fever Match" we had a few years ago here on the forum. 7 yards first five shots. A tad high but the group is very good.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

gunfitrip

I have not posted for some time, but have always been an NAA fan since 1991.  I just got a PUG after all these years.  I have had NAA short, LR, Mag conversion, Blackwidows, black powders, and now a PUG.  I find the PUG to have deeper riflings than most NAAs I've owned, agree that the crowning is great, believe the sights can be really well used for plinking, and now carry my PUG everyday.  My PUG was windage perfect.  You take 1/2 moon sight on the front ball and you are dead on at about 15 yards.  I have always liked shooting my NAAs at distance.  I think I may have joined in a post about this years ago.  I was using my Blackwidow at that time. I have since given my Blackwidow to my grandson.  He loves it.  Nice to post again here after being away so long.  I actually remembered by user name and password. 

robbi

wanna try shooting a pug myself to compare

Honky Tonk Man

My Pug is more accurate than I am.  If I do my part it shoots like a much bigger revolver.  It's my favorite NAA mini to shoot.  Big flaming fireball, and a LOUD BOOM with magnum rounds.  If you weren't looking; you'd think I was  shooting a .38sp or a 9mm.  It's the one gun my shooting buddies all want to shoot at the range or in the woods.  The grip is perfect for deep cover, it's on the small side, but sticky enough to get firm hold.  Although not as important to me, I love the way it looks.  Nothing cheap or delicate about it.  Its' chunky look inspires confidence.  I know if I ever need it; it won't let me down. 

How can anyone not love a cute little Pug?

Silence is Golden - Duct Tape is Silver

larry44

Thanks to everyone who replied with your experiences! Much appreciated!!

autofull

i would love a pug with the swingout cylinder myself. luv them pugs.

RICKS PLACE

I shoot better with my 8 year old B/W then i can with my new Pug of 3 month old B/W.  Yesterday, I ordered a set of B/W grips for my Pug.  Words cannot describe how badly I hate the stock grips on the Pug.  Finally got tired of trying to remove the stock grip on my Pug and cut it off with a direct deposit to the trash.   

Warthog

I''d love aSidewinderPUG too, would change my carry or better yet, a Sidewinder Black Widow.

Haven't had a lot of opportunity to hit the range lately due to my feet but my PUG seemed as accurate as any of my NAAs possibly a little better but that was last year and at 55 years old... brain doesn't remember such small details.... ???
"The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
-Albert Einstein

autofull

rick, i use dark sun grips in g10 myself. try ebay for a look see. i love them.

jeepster49

I've had my Pug about 3+months. I also have a Sidewinder and a Black Widow. The Pug, since it is EDC I practice with the most. Great feel and very accurate for me.

It's a Pug Life!