How many mins do you take plinking?

Started by Dinadan, November-18-12 21:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinadan

How many minis do you take plinking? I have five (soon, real soon, I hope) to be six. But I usually take three. Today was typical. I took my kayak out this morning for a nice brisk paddle. I always carry my Pug in a trouser pocket, but the other guns vary. Today I had my Earl 3" in a huckleberry rig, and my Magnum mini 1 5/8" in a drybox.  Along the way I stopped at an isolated area fired off 60 rounds, 40 from the Earl and 10 each from the others. that is pretty much a typical plinking session for me.
Just curious - how many minis do you take on a plinking excursion?

Bubba

Cool, I have the same orange box for keeping guns in!!

I usually take a few with too, I figure they don't take up much space so I might as well bring more than one if I'm shooting .22s
Those who adapt control the future
Gun Websites

grayelky

For just plinking, a 3" Earl is the only one, and then not often, and not a lot, less than 100 rounds, total.
Guns are a lot like parachutes:

"If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

agrizzlyman

Dinadan,
Those ragged holes in your target in picture #2 look like the holes in my targets made by tumbling ammo from a cracked forcing cone in my Black Widow before it was replaced. You might want to check out whichever gun made those holes if that's what I'm seeing.
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder

keith44

well I have only one mini, so when I take my mini collection plinking, I take one  ;D
I'm gonna have to slip a couple more past the warden er um I mean wife

RogueTS1

I take my Pug every time and one Mag Mini, then one Mag Mini for every person going to the range with me which brings the total to somewhere between two and four.
Wounds of the flesh a surgeon's skill may heal but wounded honour is only cured with steel.

Zatx

You guys really need to stop posting pictures of PUGs... I see a quickly approaching future purchase if it keeps up.

JJ22

Quote from: keith44 on November-18-12 23:11
well I have only one mini, so when I take my mini collection plinking, I take one  ;D
I'm gonna have to slip a couple more past the warden er um I mean wife

I am in the same boat. Luckily the one I have is a 1 5/8th combo, so after shooting the two calibers it kinda feels like I have two.  :)             Hopefully soon I will picking up another, probably a Pug.

Dinadan

Agrizzlyman -  I was shooting CCI subsonic shorts - they do tend to tumble more than the high speed loads out of my minis. My Magnum mini is the worst, but it happens out of all of them sometimes. If you really want to see some keyholing try Aguila 60 gr subsonics.

Zatx - you need a Pug!

bud

You guys talking about the pug so much I got mine out of the safe and put my B.W. up for awhile. :-\
Had to  switch out the cylinders though, I had the mag in my B.W. :)
Yes, I had checked the timing on it. ;D