Can a Standard Grip Replace the Holster Grip?

Started by riverkilt, July-07-13 20:07

Previous topic - Next topic

riverkilt

Can't find anything on FAQ.  I have the NAA .22LR with the folding grip.  It arrived with the grip backwards for a righty to use the clip.  Reversed it and find it nearly impossible to get the holster grip to lock into place for firing and no matter how much I tighten it still seems to loosen.  So now I'm wondering if I can replace the holster grip with one of the standard fixed grip on my gun or if I need to buy another gun?

The way the gun is made are the folding holster grips and standard fixed grips interchangeable.

Thanks for any info.

boone123

Uncle_Lee

22 LR grips will fit.
Magnum grips will not fit.
God, Country, & Flag

LET'S GO BRANDON ( he is gone to the beach )

Dinadan

Since you are getting new grips anyway, I suggest the boot grip for the LR. It is easier to grip.

SteveZ-FL

Quote from: riverkilt on July-07-13 20:07
Can't find anything on FAQ.  I have the NAA .22LR with the folding grip.  It arrived with the grip backwards for a righty to use the clip.  Reversed it and find it nearly impossible to get the holster grip to lock into place for firing and no matter how much I tighten it still seems to loosen.  So now I'm wondering if I can replace the holster grip with one of the standard fixed grip on my gun or if I need to buy another gun?

The way the gun is made are the folding holster grips and standard fixed grips interchangeable.

Thanks for any info.

Don't understand the problem.  Have used the holster grips for years and they have all worked fine. Perhaps the holster can still be salvaged.

When you reversed the clip, is it possible that the locking bolt got overtorqued and stripped?  I can't explain why the holster won't lock into firing position unless somehow the locking buttons got misaligned or fell out. 
...SteveZ

"...you never need a gun until you need it badly" - from WEB Griffin's The Honor of Spies, and Victory and Honor.

Mandodoc

Just a dumb question but did the spring fall out by chance, therefore keeping the grip from locking in firing position?

Kevin55

The standard 22lr grip is worthless.  It is too small to really shoot well, unless you plan on sticking the barrel in someone's ear and firing.

Long rifle frame grips and MagNum frame grips are not interchangeable.

I thought the only part that could be switched was the clip.  I have the older folding grip.  Many right handed guns work well for lefties.  Some say a S&W revolver controls work better for lefties. I'm a lefty and it works great.  Same with a Glock.  1911 I I added ambi safety.

webbma

My holster grip on one of my mini's would not lock, so I took the grip off, got out the good ole pocket knife and gently turned it around a few times in each hole. Fixed it without further issues. The holes simply had a few burrs that were keeping the little nubs from popping out all the way.